New Capcom studio dedicated to GCN game develoment.

Killer 7 looks very interesting. Cel-shading done differently:
ccgcneventkill02.jpg

ccgcneventkill01.jpg

They guys at Capcom really seem to love the Cube... or BigN's money ;)

The 4. Production Studio is neither new nor Cube exclusive.

I've never heard of this studio before, so what games are they making for other consoles so far? Because that page deffinately makes it sound like the studio is dedicated to GameCube.

"For the sound growth of the gaming industry

For GameCube"

That's what is says at the top of the page.

Anyway wether the studio is exclusive or not these games certainly seem to be. I love this part:

We, the 4th Production Studio of CAPCOM, would like to take this opportunity to announced 5 new and exciting games for the GameCube. The games you'll see on this page are all the works of our unique and talented (but slightly twisted) directors.

Great, some nice new "adult" games exclusive to GameCube, that should help stave off the kiddy image :) Hopefully a couple of them will turn into big Capcom franchises.

yeah cybamerc. can you elaborate more? It seems they are developing exclusively for GC. They are all Mikami's evangelists so that would make sense :)

That must be the ugliest cel shading I've seen.

Cel shading is overused and in 90% of cases just plain UGLY. The only game I've seen really do it right is Robotech, in perfectly recreating the look of the anime.

Great, some nice new "adult" games exclusive to GameCube, that should help stave off the kiddy image Hopefully a couple of them will turn into big Capcom franchises.

Now this comment cracks me up. Perhaps you can explain what makes these "adult" games Teasy? All that arguing about how Nintendo isn't kiddy, and you go and call it that. ;)

Now this comment cracks me up. Perhaps you can explain what makes these "adult" games Teasy?

Why do you think I said "adult" instead of just adult?

I'm just trying to distinguist between what I actually think is adult and what I think most often gives a console a "adult" image with allot of people. I did exactly the same thing in all the Nintendo is kiddy discussions we had in the past.

All that arguing about how Nintendo isn't kiddy, and you go and call it that.

When did I call anything kiddy? Please, quote me saying that. I said "that should help stave off the kiddy image". Meaning the kiddy image that Nintendo and GameCube have with some people.

Really Quincy, why don't you read my post more carefully before attacking me?

Now this comment cracks me up. Perhaps you can explain what makes these "adult" games Teasy? All that arguing about how Nintendo isn't kiddy, and you go and call it that

Uh oh, everyone run for cover! :eek:

On another note, Mikami certainly seems to have a hard on for Nintendo. Like... why? It'd be interesting to see a sales pie-chart of Capcom's sales.. it's one thing to have a great relationship with a console maker, it's quite another to put all your eggs in one basket.

Finally a company that really makes a commitment to one of the PS2 competitors. It's a bit too early to judge the games of course as a bit of text and screenshots alone don't tell the whole story, but I'll give my initial impressions anyway:

Those RE4 shots sure look very promising and I'm sure the game will rock, sucks for PS2 and Xbox gamers that the RE series is GC exclusive.
PN03 looks and sounds like a bit of a Gunvalkyrie rip-off from the info available, but will hopefully offer less frustrating controls and difficulty.
Dead Phoenix looks like a free-roaming Panzer Dragoon but is visually the least impressive by far IMHO, gameplay info is pretty vague so I really don't expect too much yet.
Killer 7's cel shading appears ... different but odd ... will be interesting to see in motion I suppose. Gameplay info is extremely vague, could be somewhere along the lines of mixing Hitman with Starfox Adventures? ;)
Last but not least Viewtiful Joe, this looks like it could be the coolest of the bunch IMHO, great style and some of the hinted gameplay elements sound very inventive (kind of like a Blinx for side scrolling action games, only less frustrating hopefully).

Finally some GC games to look forward to in 2003, it's been awfully quiet till now. Still too little too late for me, I've already placed my Xbox bundle order and am looking forward to the many cool games coming out till spring... :)

It'd be interesting to see a sales pie-chart of Capcom's sales.. it's one thing to have a great relationship with a console maker, it's quite another to put all your eggs in one basket.

So far GameCube has only had Res Evil remake, it sold well considering it was only a remake.

Capcom as a whole aren't only doing GameCube games, there are more new PS2 games then GameCube games from Capcom AFAIK.

As for the Res Evil series, they wanted one system for the Res Evil series, they couldn't choose XBox because its doing terribly in Japan, they probably felt that PS2 wouldn't handle the newest Res Evil games so that left GameCube.

It's a bit too early to judge the games of course as a bit of text and screenshots alone don't tell the whole story

Actually IGN has video's of all the these games!

Teasy said:
So far GameCube has only had Res Evil remake, it sold well considering it was only a remake.

They also have Capcom VS SNK EO, the second traditional fighting game on the console :)

Production Studio 4 = R&D4 = Mikami's studio. The RE/DMC guys.

Capcom has even more coming than this. Mega Man EXE, to name one. :)

Blade said:
Production Studio 4 = R&D4 = Mikami's studio. The RE/DMC guys.

Capcom has even more coming than this. Mega Man EXE, to name one. :)

HELL YES! Battle Network GCN should be a blast! :)

Why do you think I said "adult" instead of just adult?

That doesn't make sense...

I'm just trying to distinguist between what I actually think is adult and what I think most often gives a console a "adult" image with allot of people. I did exactly the same thing in all the Nintendo is kiddy discussions we had in the past.

I have no idea what that means, but I'm stuill curious what your answer would be. Why do you think these games are more "adult" than others?

Really Quincy, why don't you read my post more carefully before attacking me?

Take your own advice next time before attacking me in other threads Teasy. I'm just doing the same thing you do.

Take your own advice next time before attacking me in other threads Teasy. I'm just doing the same thing you do.

I was going to reply to the other bits in your last post until I read this, now it seems pointless.

So you only posted here in some mis-guided attempt to 'get back at me' for what you considered as an earlier attack?

I actually meant what I said in the thread your refering to, I didn't post it just to try to annoy you. I would have thought that a mod would be above trolling.

Back