New Armoured Core 4 screens

unless armore core mecha have zero shift ,no
I was just stating what famitsu/ign stated... "Armored Core 4 promises to offer the fastest battls we've ever seen in a mech game."
Not fimilar with zero shift, can you explain? Is that from ZOE2?

Kinda OT:
As SEGA releases the new tennis game only for PS3 in Japan, the PS3 exclusivity of AC4 may be just for Japan too.
Can you confirm the Virtua Tennis bit w/ a link? This isnt the first time I've heard this for a multiplatform game releasing in japan.

I was just stating what famitsu/ign stated... "Armored Core 4 promises to offer the fastest battls we've ever seen in a mech game."
Not fimilar with zero shift, can you explain? Is that from ZOE2?

Kinda OT:

Can you confirm the Virtua Tennis bit w/ a link? This isnt the first time I've heard this for a multiplatform game releasing in japan.

Yeah , zero shift is from ZOA2 it allowed you to teleport. al over the place

Yeah , zero shift is from ZOA2 it allowed you to teleport. al over the place

heh, isnt that kinda cheating? I think they mean AC4 will have raw speed from mechs, not via teleporting.
Sure, it's called Power Smash 3 for Japan. The PS3 lineup in SEGA has it
http://sega.jp/ps3/home.html
but the Xbox 360 lineup doesn't have it.
http://sega.jp/x/home.html
Any game media report the PS3 as the platform for the game.
http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2006/4/26/f583d4a1915b975b0304405d316c6d80.html
Interesting. Any theories why they wouldnt release the game there at all? I know the 360 in japan isnt the greatest but still, I think its a little odd. And it doesnt seem like a rare thing, this isnt the only game.

Will be interesting to see how they map the controls for high speed menuveur (especially with a tilt controller). The mechas in AC2 moved clumsily.

My memory is vague now. I liked AC2, but thought the control scheme could be better. e.g., The energy sword move will be hard to use effectively at high speed.

As an Armored Core veteran I'm looking forward to this game. The style and art direction are spot on. Regarding the 1000km/h high speed thingy, I bet it's some kind of energy-draining boost dash ... good for escaping or rushing over the map, but if you don't use it carefully it will drop you back into battle with a discharged AC :p

Looks very poor IMO, the backgrounds are like hi-res XBOX quality. The mech models are pretty nice but that's about it.

Shifty - just paste one of the links in a browser, then change the number at the end to browse through them.

looks good to me. *shrug*

Any word on destroying the buildings? MechAssault2 is still the best for that IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a start, but yeah, the chrome hounds destruction was quite disappointing with the buildings just sinking into the ground most of the time. Gas tank explosions were pretty good though.

Shifty - just paste one of the links in a browser, then change the number at the end to browse through them.
Well IE won't show them, but FireFox does.

Look pretty bland to me. They appear to be adding a noise postprocess filter. I'm not sure what that's supposed to be achieving. If it's trying to be film grain for a cinematic look, it's not working!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back