Namco & From Software unveil Xbox 360 games

Still a bottom-of-the-heap game, graphically speaking. The stencil shadowing could hardly be more obvious in these shots.

I still have to hold judgement on this game..new game screenshots looks better than E3 ones...
If everything in the game is destructable...then it will be different story..

It's amazing the difference in quality I'm seeing in these games... I just saw that incredibly realistic shot of PGR3 and then I come here and :?: :oops: :?:

There's a huge disparity between top and bottom pics too. I guess this is another game of 'We're working on it. At the moment it looks like something you scraped off the bottom of your shoe, but we'll release pics anyway. I mean, we have to get noticed. We're only 18 months away from release. And then we'll follow up with good looking pics later just to confuse you.'

Someone shoud set up an International Bureau of Screen Shots to control what the public sees and not allow alpha-development screens to get out there!

Shifty Geezer said:
There's a huge disparity between top and bottom pics too. I guess this is another game of 'We're working on it.
I presume the last pic is in a Matrix-like slow-motion replay (with nice blur) so you see no HUD in it.

What's even stranger is that in one of the new pictures the main character is in a gun fight in the middle of the street and the surrounding people are perfectly calm... obviously NPC AI hasn't been implemented.

Mefisutoferesu said:
What's even stranger is that in one of the new pictures the main character is in a gun fight in the middle of the street and the surrounding people are perfectly calm... obviously NPC AI hasn't been implemented.

It's implemented in one of the trailers; the people run and scream when the main guy shoots someone. NPCs seemed a little slow to react, though.

one said:
[eM] -eNCHANT arM- was unveiled ( http://www.em-game.net/ )
It looks like an FF-like RPG and is supposed to be an XBOX360 launch title in Japan.

I thought it looked kinda neat until I saw this pic:

sc105_mp.jpg

Then I felt sick, as if I had eaten too many jelly beans.

ZoinKs! said:
one said:
[eM] -eNCHANT arM- was unveiled ( http://www.em-game.net/ )
It looks like an FF-like RPG and is supposed to be an XBOX360 launch title in Japan.

I thought it looked kinda neat until I saw this pic:

sc105_mp.jpg

Then I felt sick, as if I had eaten too many jelly beans.

WTF!!! is she holding a gatling gun?? LOL...wow...them japanese have some weird imaginations...or is it American sect creating this game...hmmm

There's something weird going in with those bricks in the second to last screenshot. And if you need proof that Frame City Killer is being developed in America, look no further than that last shot. It has. . . crates!

_phil_ said:
It has. . . crates!

LOl.
Video gaming won't be free until designers get rid of crates.It's an evolutionnary step.

So true. Ever since I read Old Man Murray's crate review system I can't help but notice crates everywhere! They even manage to work themselves into a game where you'd least expect it.

Frame City Killer looks like a GTA-esque game, yet they still found a way to fit crates into it. I can just imagine the developers: "Ok it's time to do an indoor mission. What can we do? I know! We'll have the player go to a warehouse FILLED WITH CRATES!"

Obvious fawful character design and texture work aside, the worst thing about Frame Killer City, if you ask me, it's the really low poly environments.

In some pictures it's almost an eyesore.

Now my question would be, why do you think the environements are so poly starved?

Is it because of the limitation of the UE3.0 when dealing with in-game streamed environments content (Lack of procedurally generated models, like the Jak serie), or is it because of the data read speed of the medium (X360 games, other than MMOs, have to be playable without the HDD. Therefore, no pre-caching.)? Or is it due to Namco laziness? Or, probably, it's due to a mix of all that?

Is it possible that the game WASN'T design from ground up for the XBox 360? Perhaps it was originally meant for the original and piece by piece they're transforming the graphics...? Also, I do get the feeling it's a bit of "laziness" or not caring... very much I get the feeling that this is Namco's attempt at appealing to the American market... American's aren't the only one's with stereotypes. All the Japanese developers look towards the US and see that only GTA-esque and FPS games are loved so their experimenting if they should trying that stuff. The whole thing screams experiment.

very much I get the feeling that this is Namco's attempt at appealing to the American market

It's made by namco US ,the guys that made dead to rights.100% western culture there.And not of the best flavor.

I think it wasn't meant to be nextgen when they started the project.(well,I hope so :) )

Back