Namco & From Software unveil Xbox 360 games

FrameCity by Namco is built on Unreal Engine 3.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050513/frame.htm
frame02.jpg

frame03.jpg

one said:
london-boy said:
one said:
FrameCity by Namco is built on Unreal Engine 3.

If it is, those 2 shots really should be deleted from this planet and forgotten forever.
:LOL: Well, they should release it on PSP instead...

I was wondering why these shots seem to be at PSP resolution.. mmm..

Anyway, if that's running on UE3, they need to fire EVERYONE and start from scratch.

Okay, the video is way more interesting than the screenies.

It still looks too rough to show off though IMO. Some of that animation is just plain horrible (I'm not that great an animator myself yet, but those look like my animations after the first stage of just roughing the motions out), and the character models (at least of the playable characters) could use some more work too. The car in particular also seems very unexciting.

The rest, I agree, pretty much looks like what I'd expect a next-gen GTA to be like.

yeah the video is much much more interesting...

could turn out to be good, and i agree the graphics are a bit rough - but when compared to GTA for example (seems like it has a similar scope and scale to gta) the graphics are a lot better.

hope they'll be able to pull it up a bit though.

problem is now all next gen games' graphics are going to be compared to Gears of War... at least in the first wave of games :LOL:

OMG, nice AI, mow me down, i won't run!!! Graphics look ok..ish, except for that car early on.......did they use a PS1 model for that? At regular distances when he's running it looks fine, when it's close up and you see an over the shoulder firing view, man does he ever look blocky, makes one wonder if the designers dumped half a bottle of hair gel on his head as well.

Frame City looks better on motion. But not by a lot. But on the video, where the character turns into an alley like area (26 seconds), the texture kinda reminds me of the UE3/Gears of War demo.

And yes, the animation and AI looks terrible. But of course there's the "it's an early build" argument. But looking back at history, sometimes they fix, but sometimes not.

- Z

i guess it's Namco US ,the team behind Dead to rights (sp ?).
The idea of a japanese developper licensing UE3 tech would seem weird.

PC-Engine said:
I like the way it looks.

I bet if it was on PS3 you'd be saying the direct opposite.

It does look better in motion but still pretty unimpressive, especially since they're using UE3.0.

jonnyp said:
PC-Engine said:
I like the way it looks.

I bet if it was on PS3 you'd be saying the direct opposite.

It does look better in motion but still pretty unimpressive, especially since they're using UE3.0.

I'm talking about From Software's game not Namco's. ;)

I thought the pics looked horrible but it looked much nicer in motion.

VERY rough and I dislike the art direction. But considering it looks 18mo away it has potentual I guess. Shadowing in some scenes was very nice (like when running in the city), but hit and miss. At some points it was next gen, other times it looked like an Xbox could do parts, or at least do something similar.

Funny seeing the enemies stand still and when they get shot fly back in the same exact way. I guess the physics engine is not ready ;)

Back