Multiplatform Assassin's Creed--si or no?

Yeah. That story was bogus.

And your proof?

IGN pulled the story with no further comment, but if I remember correctly IGN was not the only source who saw Assassin's Creed being played with an Xbox 360 controller (I believe there was one other).

And your proof?

IGN pulled the story with no further comment, but if I remember correctly IGN was not the only source who saw Assassin's Creed being played with an Xbox 360 controller (I believe there was one other).

Acert a couple of guys on other forums actually saw this demo being played and said their was NO 360 controller. Believe it.

Couple of my journalist friends have also played it behind closed doors, though I'm not sure about what they've seen. But it seems like its useless to ask, as once again noone would believe anything... ;)

(from Ubisoft forums)
It wasn't running on a 360 end of story.

My take is it was running on PCs with wired 360 controllers. It only makes sense (high-end PCs instead of cumbersome devkits = less work & more reliability, and easier to impress with unfinished / unoptimized builds running on über-hardware).

[maven];809764 said:
(from Ubisoft forums)

My take is it was running on PCs with wired 360 controllers. It only makes sense (high-end PCs instead of cumbersome devkits = less work & more reliability, and easier to impress with unfinished / unoptimized builds running on über-hardware).

I've been hearing a lot of this lately. Is it true that Rainbow Six Vegas being demoed at E3 used this same tactic?

That's sneaky :devilish: I can just see devs showcasing these demos with a 360 controller connected to a device covered by some black velvet.

And then we'll find out we can hook up the 360 controller to the PS3. :oops:

[maven];809764 said:
(from Ubisoft forums)

AGAIN (for the 1,000th time) they were not using 360 controllers.

Maybe they were using 360 controllers. If teh PS3 controller is so flimsy that it breaks easily, they might have needed total 360 controllers for the period of E3 showing!

Maybe they were using 360 controllers. If teh PS3 controller is so flimsy that it breaks easily, they might have needed total 360 controllers for the period of E3 showing!

Why because they would have ripped the PS3 controller in half? What are they the incredible Hulk?

Well, they might have taken some for reserve, just in case.
I heard only total 146 PS3 controllers of reserved 360 were broken.
It's true, you just read it in the internet ;)

AGAIN (for the 1,000th time) they were not using 360 controllers.

And you know... how? A number of sources saw AC being demoed with a 360 controller connected to a covered device. Now maybe that device was a PC and not Xbox 360, but it is hard to believe that a number of sources (one pulled--but NOT retracted) are all lying.

And you know... how? A number of sources saw AC being demoed with a 360 controller connected to a covered device. Now maybe that device was a PC and not Xbox 360, but it is hard to believe that a number of sources (one pulled--but NOT retracted) are all lying.

What other sources where there besides the one that originated from IGN ?

IGN said:
E3 2006: Xbox 360 Assassinated
Ubisoft Montreal's Prince of Persia influenced action game may come to Xbox 360.
by Douglass C. Perry
May 12, 2006 - Ubisoft Montreal revealed its next incredible project, Assassins: Creed, exclusively for PlayStation 3 at E3 this year, much to the delight of Sony console fans and to the dismay of Microsoft consoles fans.

A third-person action game in the vein of Prince of Persia, Ubisoft Montreal's newest title shows off the next generation with fantastic texture work, early but promising animations, and newly envisioned levels of Prince/Spider-Men climbing/traversing. But the game, officially, is strictly exclusive to PlayStation 3. Ubisoft officially would not comment on a possible Xbox 360 version.

According to sources close to the company, however, there are potential plans for an Xbox 360 version at Assassins: Creed sometime in 2007. Additionally, Microsoft sources who asked not to be mentioned by name, claimed the demo, hidden behind closed doors at E3, was running on an Xbox 360 using a third-party USB PlayStation controller. The game system was hidden in a stand covered by a sheet. Again, Ubisoft officials would not comment.
We'll have more soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
was running on an Xbox 360 using a third-party USB PlayStation controller.
:LOL: now that's something! And coming from MS!!

Do those "third party USB PlayStation controllers" even exist?
Show me one. The PlayStations never had any USB controllers until PS3, not first or third party, and I doubt there yet are any thirdparty PS3 USB controllers.

The anonymous Microsoft source who wants to remain nameless (now that gives some credibility to the rumour) might have meant one of those usb gamepads for PC's that closely resemble a PlayStation controller, but I didn't know you can make one work with an xbox360!!??

If this indeed is the original source of all this claim about Assassins Creed running on xbox360, I think people should read twice what they read on the internet, and with some brains too.

If this indeed is the original source of all this claim about Assassins Creed running on xbox360, I think people should read twice what they read on the internet, and with some brains too.

That's just one of half a dozen signs pointing to it being on 360. Hell, an OPM editor just stated point blank "AC will ship on both consoles at the same time"

The funny part is when this is finally confirmed as a 360 title, everyone will go: "Who ever said it wasn't coming to 360?"

You really say that comment has any credit.

I'm not saying some other comments don't (like those "no comment", and "currently no plans" and ""currently it is only announced.." comments) have credit or not, just that particular comment above... from where all this started.

I wouldn't put much weight to a magazine editor's comment either, they've known to be wrong on several occasions... for a reason or another.
Ever occured that his (hers?) editorial in the mag stating that fact... no rumour could be a result of false information that he (she?) believes to be true, as many here do too. Magazine editors aren't all knowing, never failing gods you know.

There are signs, yes, but they are mostly imaginary signs pointing to a general direction.

Personally though, I believe it'll come for xbox360 too someday, some form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back