[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

Naaa I think the 360 will do just fine. They chose to concentrate on the PS3 as it is the harder nut to crack and there is the new love btw EA and Sony, anyway I think the 360 will do just fine. They did say that they will be making a presentation about FB2 on 360 come SIGGRAPH 11 so I would expect to see 360 footage then or thereafter.

Dice seems to optimize to the strength of both platforms, the Xbox 360 version should do just fine.

Funny how this game is like the opposite of the Crysis 2 saga in terms of platforms. Now it's the 360 version to be worried about...

Funny how this game is like the opposite of the Crysis 2 saga in terms of platforms. Now it's the 360 version to be worried about...
The only difference being Crytek are liars when they promised both console versions would look the same as the PS3 version turned out to be a blurry turd. Let's see if Dice can be as honest as possible with their customers.

Well lets see what DICE has in store for console version :cool:

Huh...I got that feeling "ol box" is not doing so well after all.First no mention at GDC now 4 months before release no footage and confirmation that its still not ready :cry:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/15/late-night.aspx

BTW,has anyone see NFS:Run on PS3 from E3?Running on FB2...it looks marvelous.Lighting and reflections are really something else I'll tell you that:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQbm18oLbt4

is this the one you are talking about?

Just saw the footage on Fallon...

Dont know what to think but, yeah pretty downgraded, sadly. Really if you were expecting miracles, there aren't any here.

Definitely not leaps and bounds above any other console game or military shooter. 512 RAM just cant be escaped.

Just saw the footage on Fallon...

Dont know what to think but, yeah pretty downgraded, sadly. Really if you were expecting miracles, there aren't any here.

Definitely not leaps and bounds above any other console game or military shooter. 512 RAM just cant be escaped.

Are people expecting a huge leap in graphics? I hope not.

I'am just hoping it plays good and it looks better or comparable to the previous version.

Don't forget the environment is destructible compared to other shooters. ^__^

Missed the show. I'll wait for direct feed footage.

Nice ! I forgot. Did they end up using MLAA ?

Fallon needs to go make his "Hide" game. I think it's a great idea.

PC footage for compare

on the flip side I can see some missing shadows on the nearby objects compared to the pc footage.

Also animation, lighting, textures downgraded. Muzzle flash looks pretty bad, smoke on the cars too. Looks like some blur/ghosting when reloading the gun too?

Looks better on YT than it did on my TV though.

Wish they had showed more and some different scenes. Of course these segments on Fallon are always extremely short.

The more I watch though, it gets more impressive, especially with the destruction that a Crysis 2 doesn't have.

Youtube doubled with the same scene on PC:

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=J...eo2=2zw8SmsovJc&start2=178&authorName=Over+30

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks better than I expected mainly because the lighting has translated well, looks good even on the ps3. Otherwise, the screen feels very empty, lack of effects I guess. Smoke on car looks "ew", but then its pre alpha or what ?

It does look really good. Big improvement over BC2.

Difference in shadows seem to be most noticable. Looks like no AO too.

After watching the YT video it's obvious that the PS3 version looks really close to the PC version at least in that section of the game level. I'm definitely impressed.

Back