[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

Doesn't really matter given the one year head start. Most PS3 cross platforms in the early days are ports. 360 is easier to program too. RAGE had to pare back content to fit on DVD. They both have their strength and weaknesses.

Yes, I know that - my point was that LA Noire wasn't a good example since Rockstar (who developed the engine) have shown on two occassions that the tech runs better on 360 - so the parity on LA Noire is more likely due to the initial PS3 exclusivity of the title than anything else.

I thought UC2 had some form of SPU shading, no?

Also Dead Space 2 is fully deferred on the 360.

Well - I thought Frosbite 2's SPU shading is going beyond just doing lighting on SPUs, maybe i'm wrong.

Dead Space 2 is not fully deferred:
http://www.beyond3d.com/content/interviews/45/1

MP demo broken down and analyzed

The new assault-medic class is good but it makes me wonder what gadgets the new support class will have besides resupplying ammo. Could have mortar strike I guess even though that's best for a long range class.

Uugh dont really like this dev pissing contest im kinda have a feeling this will backfire on them.
Hey they dont do everything perfect never had a smooth bf mp launch on consoles.
Fucking with you're customers by offering store exclusive in-game items dlc no thanks that is something i haven't even seen cod do it or im hazy and my brains fails on me.
Edit: I just saw those dlc weapons are early unlocks im fine with that go DICE i knew you were better then that.

It's better to let the games do the talking.
Still Dice already got my money twice almost waiting for steam version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could BF3 Operation Metro trailer be console version?There seems to be more aliasing and I haven't catch any button prompts to call it PC or console version and since EA CEO said they showed it,maybe that was it.

Plus...there seemed to be some screen tearing.Hmm...I hate this!

Could BF3 Operation Metro trailer be console version?There seems to be more aliasing and I haven't catch any button prompts to call it PC or console version and since EA CEO said they showed it,maybe that was it.

Plus...there seemed to be some screen tearing.Hmm...I hate this!

EDIT: YES according to repi it's a mix of console and PC footage

@repi Johan Andersson
The #frostbite 2 #e3 trailer for #bf3 contained mixed PC and console footage, you guess which is which :) http://bit.ly/kRnRaD

https://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/77843125908946944

Can someone explain why 24p only for consoles please? Where is the problem? in Sony,MS network bandwidth limitation? How is possible MAG with 256p? Why not with 32p minimum? I will not buy new pc for 2000 Euro for only one game.

It doesn't make sense to me either.

Resistance 1 had 40 players online in 2006, Resistance 2 had 60 players in 2008, and MAG had 256 in 2010.

It seems to me as if DICE may be shortchanging the consoles this time around, possibly because of time or something. But It's hard to judge now because we haven't been told much of the console versions.

But when we see the PC minimum specs for BF3, we will see if DICE is full of sh17 or not.

Resistance 1 had 40 players online in 2006, Resistance 2 had 60 players in 2008, and MAG had 256 in 2010.

It seems to me as if DICE may be shortchanging the consoles this time around, possibly because of time or something. But It's hard to judge now because we haven't been told much of the console versions.

But when we see the PC minimum specs for BF3, we will see if DICE is full of sh17 or not.

Dont know how much more server cost increase for EA when going from 24 to 32 players($7 increase on some pc servers ).
On pc they have to host less servers because the community will host their own servers.
But on consoles they are the ones hosting those servers.Goddammit give me server browser and have a couple of companies rent out servers for console users. microsoft already let Section 8 franchise do it.

Look at the graphics of BF3 vs RFOM/R2/MAG and add the level of destruction they have of the environment. It could be a memory issue, like Zipper said with MAG, they had to drop a bunch of weapon/character models due to memory limitations.

Look at the graphics of BF3 vs RFOM/R2/MAG and add the level of destruction they have of the environment. It could be a memory issue, like Zipper said with MAG, they had to drop a bunch of weapon/character models due to memory limitations.

Still think they should have aimed for higher player numbers.
If you factor in vehicles you're left little amount of infantry players.

Can't wait for friday(euro zone:cry:) to see the bf3 console footage.

Well lets see what DICE has in store for console version :cool:
This Thursday night (June 16), Battlefield 3 will be appearing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, but more importantly, we’ll be playing the game on the PlayStation 3. That’s right! We’ll be giving you the world premiere of Battlefield 3 on consoles this Thursday night when DICE’s Johan Dohl takes the stage and gives Jimmy the first crack at Battlefield 3 for the PlayStation 3. Be sure to tune in, or set your DVR to record, for the world premiere console gameplay of Battlefield 3 on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon this Thursday on NBC at 12:35/11:35C!
Huh...I got that feeling "ol box" is not doing so well after all.First no mention at GDC now 4 months before release no footage and confirmation that its still not ready :cry:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/15/late-night.aspx

BTW,has anyone see NFS:Run on PS3 from E3?Running on FB2...it looks marvelous.Lighting and reflections are really something else I'll tell you that:p

Well lets see what DICE has in store for console version :cool:

Huh...I got that feeling "ol box" is not doing so well after all.First no mention at GDC now 4 months before release no footage and confirmation that its still not ready :cry:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/06/15/late-night.aspx

BTW,has anyone see NFS:Run on PS3 from E3?Running on FB2...it looks marvelous.Lighting and reflections are really something else I'll tell you that:p

Naaa I think the 360 will do just fine. They chose to concentrate on the PS3 as it is the harder nut to crack and there is the new love btw EA and Sony, anyway I think the 360 will do just fine. They did say that they will be making a presentation about FB2 on 360 come SIGGRAPH 11 so I would expect to see 360 footage then or thereafter.

Naaa I think the 360 will do just fine. They chose to concentrate on the PS3 as it is the harder nut to crack and there is the new love btw EA and Sony, anyway I think the 360 will do just fine. They did say that they will be making a presentation about FB2 on 360 come SIGGRAPH 11 so I would expect to see 360 footage then or thereafter.
Well,there seems to be better reason to show it on PS3 since it already has working AA.Dunno what they will do with 360(it proly wont be much worse) but we will have to wait for Siggraph 11 to find out.Maybe they surprise us ;)

Back