Movie Reviews 2.0

Precisely why I enjoyed Eternals when most people hated it. It didn’t follow the standard formula. It was quite different across the board. I enjoyed it. I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy Strange 2
I’m sure you will. Even Eternals was still not quite out there enough, especially compared to Strange 2 which is really, really out there. Also, make sure you do your homework before you go watch it: Wandavision and What If, especially.

I watched Morbius yesterday and wish I hadn't. It wasn't just the horrible story, bad acting, AWFUL cgi vampire effects, nor the movie totally contradicting itself on a regular basis.

It wasn't even that they seemed to get vampire bats confused with piranhas, no it was the totally crappy action sequences that were so dark and confusing I couldn't tell what was supposed to be going on. THAT annoyed the piss out of me! The one maybe good bit of the movie and they made it literally unwatchable? I am confused and offended, no stars would avoid like the plague.

I watched Morbius yesterday and wish I hadn't.

I didn't have such a negative view of it, but it wasn't positive either. It is very much typical fodder Sony action movie from the SpiderMan universe. It pales in comparison to the Venom movies. Yes, even the second one with Carnage which was quite behind the first. Morbius had no comedy at all to draw in the viewer. I ignored the actual details in Morbius because they never gave a reason to follow that closely and wrote it off as fodder that Sony never manages to get right. The secondary main character was portrayed by Matt Smith, yes, the worst Doctor Who actor ever. He was rather irritating here too.

The only redeeming aspect that some might find is the credits scenes. During the 2 credits scenes they set up for tie-in to the SpiderMan series with the villain that reappears caused by the No Way Home events.

Now I understand posts like the following from when it was in the theatre:

Wait what?
Morbius explains in one of the early scenes that vampire bats are one of the few creatures who are very tiny but can swarm and take down much larger prey by shredding it.

It was at that point I realized just how little homework whoever wrote the film did and prepared myself for some scary stupid, but little did I know the terrible rabbit hole I'd be going down.

I like Matt Smith, but there were no likeable characters in this movie at all. None, zero, nada.

EDITED BITS: I really liked the Pitch Meeting video about Morbius, has spoilers but also covers most of the idiocy of it.

I actually thought it was quite good. The action scenes were nice. Ok the last one was messy and hard to see what's going on, but others were good. The first Venom was way more messy than this one. I haven't seen the second. I actually really liked the setup of bad guy and how he let the power get to him. Leto did his part well. The cops were kind of just there, not playing an important role, which was great.

I liked it. Sue me :devilish:

I actually thought it was quite good. The action scenes were nice. Ok the last one was messy and hard to see what's going on, but others were good. The first Venom was way more messy than this one. I haven't seen the second. I actually really liked the setup of bad guy and how he let the power get to him. Leto did his part well. The cops were kind of just there, not playing an important role, which was great.

I liked it. Sue me :devilish:
It's one of those things - the first Venom was so cringe at times, but ultimately it was quite a bit of harmless fun. Stupid, quite funny, cringe, what the heck it's a fun 2h with a movie.
Second Venom... MEH. The stupid totally overtook every other aspect of the movie so it's hard to get over that one.
My expectations for Morbius (whenever it's out on Amazon or whatever) are super low so at least there's that.

I really think the worst part of Morbius is how incredibly difficult it was to understand a lot of the action sequences. Either too dark, too fast, too busy, or just all blurry.

It was actually hard to watch, like literally hard to input the visuals presented in a coherent manor at some points. :(

I've seen some truly strange, very fucked up movies in my life. Creations out of some amazing but very disturbed minds. I have to say that Mad God is very much up there at the top of that most fucked up list.

The human mind amazes me sometimes of the things it conjures. It's been a long time since I've watched a movie mouth agape wondering what I'm watching and trying to understand how everything is unfolding.

Last edited:
Last night, we watched Chip 'N' Dale: Rescue Rangers. It was quite entertaining! A bit like a modern day Roger Rabbit (yes, he's in it as well, albeit briefly). Never saw the cartoon myself but my wife watched it as a kid. It's one of those movies for adults more than kids who wouldn't get most of the jokes or references. Worth a watch!

Watched the 2020 Jackass movie last night.

Had me and the wife laughing our asses off :ROFLMAO:

If you're of the age where you watched Jackass back in the early 2000's then you'll love this.

Last edited:
im rewatching avengers engame, whoa.. what a snooze-fest. i wonder how i managed to stay awake on the movie theatre years ago watching this.

btw
anyone can explain how their time heist managed to work?

before they did the time heist, they explained that they cant steal the stone when thanos was a baby because the future (present) they come back to, will no longer be the future (present) they knew.

but then they did the time heist anyway, and stealing stuff, and... they still came back to the future (present) they knew. how did this work inside avengers engame logic/universe/lore/physics?

---

or I'm misremembering it and it'll be nicely explained and presented in the movie but i forgot lol. still in the middle of watching it. the movie is soooo long.

im rewatching avengers engame, whoa.. what a snooze-fest. i wonder how i managed to stay awake on the movie theatre years ago watching this.

btw
anyone can explain how their time heist managed to work?

before they did the time heist, they explained that they cant steal the stone when thanos was a baby because the future (present) they come back to, will no longer be the future (present) they knew.

but then they did the time heist anyway, and stealing stuff, and... they still came back to the future (present) they knew. how did this work inside avengers engame logic/universe/lore/physics?

---

or I'm misremembering it and it'll be nicely explained and presented in the movie but i forgot lol. still in the middle of watching it. the movie is soooo long.
It's not that bad, I rewatched it not long ago and really still love it.

Time travel stuff is always a bit meh. But the crux of it is that they go back in time - creating a split reality - to pick up the stones, get back to their original timeline (ie today) to use them and fix everything, then go back to the exact moment in the past/split timelines where/when they stole the stones so that the split reality re-joins the main timeline, like nothing ever happened back then, while the main timeline is "fixed".

It's not that bad, I rewatched it not long ago and really still love it.

Time travel stuff is always a bit meh. But the crux of it is that they go back in time - creating a split reality - to pick up the stones, get back to their original timeline (ie today) to use them and fix everything, then go back to the exact moment in the past/split timelines where/when they stole the stones so that the split reality re-joins the main timeline, like nothing ever happened back then, while the main timeline is "fixed".

But why not just go when thanos was still a baby then? Or it was simply due to logistics? As they don't have enough pymm particles to go grab the stones all spread out?

But why not just go when thanos was still a baby then? Or it was simply due to logistics? As they don't have enough pymm particles to go grab the stones all spread out?

Possibly they don't know where the stones are at the other moments?

Back