Movie Reviews 2.0

Why are people watching it? HBO Max has so much other stuff to watch.

Sometimes you just gotta say What The Fuck!?

It's the perfect palate cleanser between watching serious movies or series.

Also, it's not on HBO Max in the US. You're thinking of a different movie -- Moonshot. They are NOT the same movie.

Sometimes you just gotta say What The Fuck!?

It's the perfect palate cleanser between watching serious movies or series.

Also, it's not on HBO Max in the US. You're thinking of a different movie -- Moonshot. They are NOT the same movie.

pretty sure it’s coming though. I’ve seen the trailer.

I think Death on the Nile is being featured on HBO Max around now.

I think Death on the Nile is being featured on HBO Max around now.

Yes. Death on the Nile and Moonshot are on HBO Max now.

Death on the Nile is an alright movie, but I kind of preferred the first one more -- Murder on the Orient Express. I can't quite explain why. Maybe it was just the overall story that didn't quite click or that I saw things immediately when the plot devices were first presented.

Actually we just watched Death on the Nile tonight. The term alright is quite fitting, and it was somehow unsurprising in many ways. Which does not need to mean bad, but not spectacular either.

I will not even consider watching Moonfall. Emmerich has put us through enough of his stupidities already.

OMG Moonfall was off the charts for ludicrous. I enjoyed watching it for the constant cliches and tropes plus the amazing disregard for anything approaching sense for science or reality.

OMG Moonfall was off the charts for ludicrous. I enjoyed watching it for the constant cliches and tropes plus the amazing disregard for anything approaching sense for science or reality.
It says a lot that I was able to finish this movie but not the latest fast and furious. And I know what I’m getting into watching F&F

Anyone with Netflix should what their documentary titled "Trust No One, The Hunt for the Crypto King". It's about QuadrigaCX Bitcoin exchange, the CEO faking his death, the exchange withholding $250 million of people's money, and how Gerald Cotten (CEO) ran earlier scams as Sceptre/Murdock since age 14 or 15 and the other founder ran Identify Theft rings.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_No_One:_The_Hunt_for_the_Crypto_King

Any recommendations for movies with amazing audio?

From me

• Heat
  • Interstellar
  • Gravity (and ridiculously epic on 3D with vr headset)
  • The fake continuous camera world war movie that looks like metal gear solid v camera work (I can't remember the title)

The Batman (2022) was a decent film but entirely way too long. It started with a different tone than other Batman movies, this mostly reminded me of The Watchmen with Rorschach voice overs. Then 2.5 hours progressed before returning to voice overs again. I think it could have been more consistent in using that.

The actions scenes weren't too way over the top for the more grounded approach the film was taking. But ... there was one scene in the middle of the movie that stood out as not fitting in with the grounded approach as The Batman was escaping, he would have severely broken his leg or arm or back or all three. He was perfectly fine and able to walk away. In any other Batman film it would be fine, but this one trying to be so grounded it felt so out of place.

Why does DC love to such extremely long movies? This was 2 hours and 55 minutes. It didn't need to be this long at all.

I know we were warned, but we sat through the total embarrassment that was Matrix Resurrections... I'm still speechless at how overwhelmingly SHITE that film was. How could that happen?? Everything about it, especially the 'action' scenes, was just rubbish, which makes it even more upsetting.

The director stopped giving a fuck about the quality put on screen. She lost her energy as she got older (which is a theme in the movie that is discarded as soon as it is brought up).

I personally blame transsexualism, artists produce better work when they suffer!

But ... there was one scene in the middle of the movie that stood out as not fitting in with the grounded approach as The Batman was escaping, he would have severely broken his leg or arm or back or all three. He was perfectly fine and able to walk away. In any other Batman film it would be fine, but this one trying to be so grounded it felt so out of place.
He did wince, to be fair, unlike all the times he was shot point blank (though the double-barreled shotgun did knock the wind out of him).

Back