Movie Reviews 2.0

He did wince, to be fair, unlike all the times he was shot point blank (though the double-barreled shotgun did knock the wind out of him).

True. Though a lot of the getting shot stuff was near the end. That's where it become ungrounded and more towards the side of "amaze balls armor". At least I don't remember that much gunplay earlier. Though I could have forgotten some earlier scenes after 2.5 hours.

I did laugh out loud during the escape scene when things didn't quite go right. I don't know if they meant for it to be comical. The wince afterwards made it all the more hilarious.

That's where it become ungrounded and more towards the side of "amaze balls armor".
I've not seen The Batman yet but in terms of "amaze balls armor" (sic) then have a google of non-Newtonian materials to see a bunch of things microstructures that can stop high velocity movement. Stopping high-calibre, high velocity rounds isn't difficult, but it is relatively expensive. Of course, if you are a billionaire...

Living in South London, I wouldn't leave the house without my nano-ballistic underwear. :runaway:

I've not seen The Batman yet but in terms of "amaze balls armor" (sic) then have a google of non-Newtonian materials to see a bunch of things microstructures that can stop high velocity movement. Stopping high-calibre, high velocity rounds isn't difficult
Stopping the penetration is easy sure, but the inertia is still gonna pack a hell of a punch unless you can disperse or absorb it somehow. That seemed to be missing a bit in the movie for me.

Stopping the penetration is easy sure, but the inertia is still gonna pack a hell of a punch unless you can disperse or absorb it somehow. That seemed to be missing a bit in the movie for me.

That's what some nano-composites are designed to do; to massively and near-instantly distribute that energy over a much larger surface.

I've not seen The Batman yet but in terms of "amaze balls armor" (sic) then have a google of non-Newtonian materials to see a bunch of things microstructures that can stop high velocity movement. Stopping high-calibre, high velocity rounds isn't difficult, but it is relatively expensive. Of course, if you are a billionaire...

Living in South London, I wouldn't leave the house without my nano-ballistic underwear. :runaway:

I mean it’s a comic book character. In terms of “groundedness” (new word), Batman as a character is by design far more grounded than most comics.

“Amaze balls armor”, given the genre, would be able to stop the laser beams shot from the eyes of an alien whose body’s physiology also allows it generate the power to punch through mountains and defy gravity. In comics, armor that can only stop bullets is kind of “meh”.

Does sonic 2 have different jim Carrey names for different regions?

So for some regions jim was called robotnik and some other regions called as eggman?

Yeah so Dr Strange. Amazing. It’s A LOT. But at the same time I can see where some of the criticism comes from. I loved it but it’s very different from the last one or any other a marvel film, and it’s also very Raimi.

Personally I think that avoiding hitting a tedious predictable formula has been one of Marvel's successes. When you look at their movies and TV shows, all of which exist in the same universe, in terms of tone and method of story-telling they are utterly all over the place.

Commercially, and critically, this works well.

Personally I think that avoiding hitting a tedious predictable formula has been one of Marvel's successes. When you look at their movies and TV shows, all of which exist in the same universe, in terms of tone and method of story-telling they are utterly all over the place.

I agree. But again, it’s… A LOT. :runaway:

Whereas DC movies have mostly been pretty much from one place, dark and moist.

as The Batman was escaping, he would have severely broken his leg or arm or back or all three been decapitated.
FIFY
p9HZVcb.png

Thats a bridge to the face at skydiving speed.
Probably broke his back/neck from the chute catching but still most of the momentum is swinging him up & across into that girder

I saw Doctor Strange 2 today. I did like it. Most of the stuff there was pretty good. It definitely has darker tones than most of the Marvel movies by quite some margin. I do have to say that the trailers and the anticipation made me a bit overhyped on this and it didn't quite live to my high expectations. The multiverse aspect imo. was very underutilized. I expected more impactful multiverse ideas/scenarios. You could have told 90% of this same story without multiverse being in play at all.

Still it was very enjoyable and good performances from the lead actors. The action scenes were very nice and impactful and you could just feel the menacing atmosphere. Out of the 2 "different" Marvel movies. I think I liked Eternals a bit more though... Have to re-watch it...

Really looking forward to the next Thor movie and Top Gun Maverick :)

Doctor Strange 2 was... ok. I liked what Sam Raimi was trying to inject into it (especially the undead dream wandering) but of course the writing and pacing was just stupid. There were a few good scenes to distract from the actual story and a really weak attempt to create a big feature film from what is essentially an extension of Disney+ storylines to sell more subscriptions. More churn content to bleed the Marvel franchise and keep the Disney machine going.

I quite liked Dr Strange although I felt I was missing some context having never seen any of the Wanda t.v series
ps: the battle with the musical notes a symphonic metal band should use that idea in a music video

Yeah so Dr Strange. Amazing. It’s A LOT. But at the same time I can see where some of the criticism comes from. I loved it but it’s very different from the last one or any other a marvel film, and it’s also very Raimi.
Precisely why I enjoyed Eternals when most people hated it. It didn’t follow the standard formula. It was quite different across the board. I enjoyed it. I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy Strange 2

Back