Motorstorm: Apocalypse

They improved the load time and tweaked vehicle handling in MS2. e.g., I remember the truck handles better in MS2. Based on my memory, I also think that the track deformation is more subtle in MS2. However, MS is full of foliage, and I believe they interact with the vehicles in some cases.

Maps are bigger and they also added more gameplay effects (e.g., heat from volcanic activities + water cooling)

However, MS is full of foliage, and I believe they interact with the vehicles in some cases.)
Yes most of the alpha textures were interactive with the vehicles.
Also MS2 had great water...of all things I only find 2 flaws in MS2's visuals:

1) The ground textures which are just too ugly (its rare & very skillful of you to take a screenshot that does not shows ugly ground textures)

2) Probably the shadows, but its still not much of a big deal & certainly not as much as the ground textures.

Some new info:
http://www.ps3gen.fr/motorstorm-3-images-volees-jeu-toujours-pas-annonce-actualite-11172.html

Like the new urban setting, wonder what else places there'll be.
Not sure I like if there will be pedestrians to run over, hopefully those in the one pic are just motorcyclists fallen off their bikes.

Loved Motorstorm and Motorstorm 2, imo they are one of the best arcade racers. Fun and exhilarating, graphics are amazing too.

After Modnation Racer, I was trying to see where MotorStorm can go. It seems that they are after spectacles and destructible set pieces. Wondering if we get to race on top of a collapsing building similar to God of War 3 and U2.

Stereoscopic 3D may help but few people will benefit from it in the mean time. MS should look stunning in 3D though.

screen leak

99232027.jpg

Sorry if it is old

Think they're going the Split/Second round with dynamic tracks/events? Falling buildings/obstacles, moving platforms etc

Think they're going the Split/Second round with dynamic tracks/events? Falling buildings/obstacles, moving platforms etc

It would definitely be a fitting evolution for the series, as they already had hints of that at the very least in some of their trailers.

There where very rare instances in MS2 where you could destroy obstacles (mainly with big foot or truck)...it was limited but very cool - if they extend this....release it now!!!

MotorStorm: Apocalypse announced:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1095814p1.html

(Screens inside)

Here's the premise: the MotorStorm outfit, having done dust-bowls and jungles, has packed bags and shipped out, their destination an anonymous and fictional West Coast city that's in throes of a natural catastrophe – and what better place to kick-start another MotorStorm festival? Set over a three day period, MotorStorm Apocalypse's backdrop is rapidly disintegrating. On the first day it'll be all tower blocks and freeways, but come the festival's climax it'll be a mounting pile of rubble – and the final race will be a mad dash for the MotorStorm freight ship as the city consumes itself.

If that all sounds vaguely familiar then you're not alone. Disney and Black Rock's Split/Second was a recent and largely successful attempt to take destructive driving to the next level, and alongside Bizarre's brilliant Blur it's signified something of a small trend as the racing genre tries to come up with an answer for its decline in popularity.

"We spoke to the guys in the States about it, we spoke to people in Japan – but the answer's kind of obvious," says MotorStorm Apocalypse's game director Matt Southern. "There's a sense that other genres are over-delivering, particularly the cinematic kind of experience – the Uncharted 2s and the Modern Warfares of the world – they're not just good, they're mind-blowingly awesome. We see a lot of racers that are good or great – and we've been fairly lucky with high review scores and decent sales – but then you're seeing shooters doing 10 million plus. People want to be really excited – and in the last 12-18 months you've seen a few guys realise the same thing."

A hands-on with a single track in single-player bears this out. It's initially overwhelming – on top of the usual business of seeing to the opposition - never the easiest of tasks when your sportscars going toe-to-toe with monster trucks and big rig - there's the wealth of environmental hazards to take into hand. The handling is a little nervous - but you would be too if you had this much chaos descending upon you, and it lends a responsiveness that's necessary when avoiding the many hazards.

Support 4 split-screen players + 12 other online players.

No mention of 3D support (yet ?)

Back