Microsoft acquired Activision Blizzard King for $69 Billion on 2023-10-13

I hope Toys for Bob makes a sequel to The Horde. Unless they don't retain any of their original IP.

“There’s no one asking us to do anything,” she continued. “World of Warcraft is doing very well and they’re very proud of what it’s been able to accomplish, so it’s almost like just let it be, and let it keep being awesome. They’ve been tremendously supportive and it’s like ‘let Blizzard be Blizzard’.”

Is letting Blizzard being Blizzard really such a great thing lately ? I have no definitive answer but it's surely not a big yes without hesitations.

Is letting Blizzard being Blizzard really such a great thing lately ? I have no definitive answer but it's surely not a big yes without hesitations.

We have at least a couple of anecdotes of execs at ABK outside of the game teams themselves enforcing stupid decisions. So probably.

We have at least a couple of anecdotes of execs at ABK outside of the game teams themselves enforcing stupid decisions. So probably.
Blizzard had always shared bonuses company-wide to avoid "everyone [wanting] to work on the most successful games rather than experiment with new ideas", but former Activision boss, Bobby Kotich, had long argued that only those "behind the most lucrative products should be rewarded".​

Blizzard had always shared bonuses company-wide to avoid "everyone [wanting] to work on the most successful games rather than experiment with new ideas", but former Activision boss, Bobby Kotich, had long argued that only those "behind the most lucrative products should be rewarded".​
That works great when you're activision which did nothing but re-print same games over and over and over again. If you want innovative new IPs that mentality won't work in a company that has big cash cow titles too.

Back