Metro Last Light ! Yay for the power of PC !

Surprised to see no thread for this title here :oops: after the epic first trailer !

and here's the first gameplay footage :

PC games FTW :p ! Haven't yet played Metro 2033 due to the huge backlog of games, but this seems too good, though I see COD-like game design when he picks up the minigun ! Hope they don't try to please the console kids too much and keep the Stalker vibe to it. I am staying positive on this ;) !

Ermm the game's coming on X360 and PS3 too...And the footage isn't said to be PC footage beside Gamespot claiming that it is.. it could very well be X360, (texture resolution doesn't seem high but this could be caused by the video compression...)

Ermm the game's coming on X360 and PS3 too...And the footage isn't said to be PC footage beside Gamespot claiming that it is.. it could very well be X360, (texture resolution doesn't seem high but this could be caused by the video compression...)

It was confirmed by developer on neogaf that its a PC footage.

BTW love lighting and stencil shadows, quite good interactivity too.

Looks like they're going the way of Crytek, looks impressive but consolidified. Even playing with a controller.

At this point, I wouldn't have much hope for any non-indie simultaneous-release multiplatform singleplayer (and multiplayer, but that's another story entirely) FPS game not made by Valve to be designed with PC control advantages in mind. It's just too much work to make a PC game first and then rework it down, even if the PC version is supposedly the first/lead version the team works on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they're going the way of Crytek, looks impressive but consolidified. Even playing with a controller.

Erm, you do realize that Metro 2033 (console + PC developement) was released before Crysis 3, and thus Metro Last Light is only following in the same developement footsteps as they have been doing since the company was created? :)

Or to put it another way, Crytek went the way of 4A Games. :D

I expect the graphics to be good, but I just hope they avoid the Metro 2033 and Crysis 2 (launch) situation of having virtually no control over graphics options.

Regards,
SB

A more destructible environment would be nice, and also nice to see a game which looks like what I expected to see soon after buying a Geforce 2 GTS. :)
Sound-wise they still seem to be a combination of IMUSE and Doom1 though.

Here's 12 minutes of gameplay. The atmosphere looks good with physics on lots of objects and great lighting.

Looks good. This makes me curious about what's happening with STALKER 2...

It will probably get consolized more or less ;). I am willing to bet cash on RAM and controller limitations directly controlling their design decisions, everything from level/world design to shooting mechanics and loadout complexity, even if the PC version is the first one they focus on during development.

If it's to be a multiplatform release then it will be consolified, by definition. Unless they plan to make two completely different versions of the game. A terrible thing to happen to such a great series.

Here we go again with the "consoles can't have complex games" bullshit. Get real. Frankly if a game turns out to be brain dead garbage, it's the developer and publisher who are to blame, not any hardware. Other than GSC's limited resources and that they barely managed to finish SoC in the first place, I'm not sure why the game or its sequels couldn't work on consoles anyway.

I'm mostly curious how they are going to keep the Zone fresh for another game.

Back