Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

He probably didnt lose anything. Some of your money are stored online. If you put your console on rest mode and return later to the game, a lot of your money will be subtracted because you will be disconnected from the servers. If you go to options and choose to connect the money will return back. Hopefully this is what happened
Yes we had already tried that but it didn't work. Thanks

This game is now 50% off on PSN as part of the 12 deals to Xmas thing. Still not buying it. I like my life too much to get addicted to this too.

This game is now 50% off on PSN as part of the 12 deals to Xmas thing. Still not buying it. I like my life too much to get addicted to this too.
I have almost not touched any other game since I begun this. I am still 45% complete because I spent hours building my base, sending my troops to missions, playing side missions, looking for resources and soldiers to extract, replaying main missions to get all tasks and S-ranks, infiltrating FOBs etc etc.
Oh my, just the thought that after I finish with this I ll have to return to the horrendous Assassin's Creed Unity is scary.
There is a lot of meat in this game.
The little cut scenes that I encounter spice my interest more.
If Hideo made the boss fights last longer and the characters had more interaction with each other than rely mostly on briefing a silent Snake this would have been even better.

I finished the final chapter today. I must say that the game did have its superb moments. Some scenes have really touched me especially near the end.
There might be some complaints about its replayability compared to the previous games, but thats a wrong statement. The game does have huge replayability. The difference is that, instead of replaying the game from beginning to end we do that by replaying missions separately since the game is not structured linearly anymore.

The biggest issue with the game is its unfinished state. It was rushed to meet a specific launch. It is sad because the game starts great, it has some amazing attention to detail in spirit with Hideo's previous work and at the same time there is missing attention to detail in other areas not so much in the spirit of Hideo's previous work.
The story leaves too many loose ends which would have been explained if Hideo had time.
The collector's edition has a missing and unfinished episode in its extras, and some have spotted titles of other missing episodes plus I think a 3rd chapter?

It doesnt explain what happens to
Eli, Sahelanthropous or the English parasite strain he had in his possession
after they leave motherbase.
I was also expect to see more about the
third boy's background. He is most likely Psycho Mantis. But it is left unexplained
They dont explain Quiet's
revenge motif
that drove her to work for Skull Face.
Code talker says something about
Miller which makes him a bit fishy but we dont see anything later on about this
Cipher was the enemy for quite some time. But in Phantom Pain
he seems to have paid a visit to Snake and also with Eva design a grand scheme? Then why so much talk against Cipher and his secret plans when he was the man that helped Big Boss?

So many questions. I am sure I had more

Yeah Kojima himself admit it openly that the game is not completely finished, but despite that, mgs v is also a finished product. and the third chapter (or episode? It's Kingdom of flies) only can be provided via video on the collectors edition.

Basically he want to do more. But can't, so mgsv is completed like what we got now. So it's unfinished finished game. Unlike destiny that is unfinished in unfinished (but to be fair they can finish it up later with DLC).

The game itself already got delayed a few times.. Kojima want more perfection, Konami no longer can wait.

If their relationship did not fall apart. Probably story DLC can be provided I'm the future.

Just started playing TPP (didn't have time last year when it came out), and i love it. Yes, it's not the game i was expecting from an MGS title but the gameplay is just so good that it makes up for it. I'm trying for no kills and stealth for all missions and it's challenging and fun. I didn't think much of PW (liked it but left it mid-way) but i'm loving TPP.

I haven't completed it yet (yes, shame me), but I did wonder about something; Is there a reason why every single episode/mission starts with potential cast spoilers and ends with credits? Did Konami plan to make sell this game in episodes? After playing this for a while, I must say I am finding it increasingly annoying and was wondering if there was a reason behind this I'm just missing...

Oh and while I adore Kiefer Sutherland, I didn't buy MGSV to play Jack Bauer (which it feels like everytime he opens his mouth). God I wish they would have retained Hayter. Yes, he may be less talented, but he is Snake. :/

I haven't completed it yet (yes, shame me), but I did wonder about something; Is there a reason why every single episode/mission starts with potential cast spoilers and ends with credits? Did Konami plan to make sell this game in episodes? After playing this for a while, I must say I am finding it increasingly annoying and was wondering if there was a reason behind this I'm just missing...

Oh and while I adore Kiefer Sutherland, I didn't buy MGSV to play Jack Bauer (which it feels like everytime he opens his mouth). God I wish they would have retained Hayter. Yes, he may be less talented, but he is Snake. :/
More like Kojima's decision because of his love of movies. His twitter own description:

Game Designer: 70% of my body is made of movies.

Played more of it, like 30-40 hours more. This game is simply too much fun. Yes, i don't really care about the story, which is really weird in a metal gear game, but the game is so good. The gameplay, the mechanics, the mother base stuff, it's all great. I am now twice as excited for Kojimas next game. Though keep in mind that I am on mission 17, so maybe i didn't hit the major letdown yet. I've been spoiled about the ending so i don't care about that much either.

Two things to note:
  • With the way i'm playing the game i find D-Dog to vastly outclass any other buddy, to the point where i am not even using them at all
  • Quiet seems to be there just for the eye candy and doesn't serve a real purpose to the game or story at all so far. Even the beast ladies in MGS4 served a purpose and had cool background to explain why they were used, or why they were part of the story.
Quiet is really the only question mark for me, and her humming is really annoying. I would prefer if she was naked because she wanted to and not because she "had" to because of a weird explanation and had something to say really.

Last edited:
Played more of it, like 30-40 hours more. This game is simply too much fun. Yes, i don't really care about the story, which is really weird in a metal gear game, but the game is so good. The gameplay, the mechanics, the mother base stuff, it's all great. I am now twice as excited for Kojimas next game. Though keep in mind that I am on mission 17, so maybe i didn't hit the major letdown yet. I've been spoiled about the ending so i don't care about that much either.

Two things to note:
  • With the way i'm playing the game i find D-Dog to vastly outclass any other buddy, to the point where i am not even using them at all
  • Quiet seems to be there just for the eye candy and doesn't serve a real purpose to the game or story at all so far. Even the beast ladies in MGS4 served a purpose and had cool background to explain why they were used, or why they were part of the story.
Quiet is really the only question mark for me, and her humming is really annoying. I would prefer if she was naked because she wanted to and not because she "had" to because of a weird explanation and had something to say really.
Quiet is very useful actually. You can select from your idroid to scout the area before you go. She does the same thing Ddog does only slower, but she has the extra benefit to take out enemies for you

Quiet has some very good uses. Once you unlock her silenced sniper rifle, she can take out entire camps without an alert going out. The camp will know she's there and attempt to fight her, but they won't alert anyone as long as you, the player, never fire a shot. This allows you to get points for the mission for not triggering an alert. Also helpful to not alert all the camps in your area.

There's also a couple missions (which I won't spoil) which become incredibly trivial and easy if you bring her with her max firepower sniper rifle as well. Basically instant S-rank just by bringing her.

D-Dog, is certainly better if you want to play a pure stealth game. The ability to mark everyone and everything, including plants and prisoners, is quite good.

Quiet can also be good for that as she can silently take out enemies that spot you during the slowed reaction time assuming they don't have helmets. Likewise, she can silently take out any target you wish at greater range than D-Dog and with less chance of alerting people if you wait until the target gets into a secluded area (D-Dog has to run to the target which can alert enemies, especially if they are far away). However, the flipside of using Quiet is that you need to be good at spotting and marking enemies yourself. And you also need to hope that the game designers put in locations for you to assign Quiet to. Usually not a problem for outposts, but can be an issue for side-ops. Also, her usefulness goes down if the enemy are wearing helmets. But there's various way to make them not have helmets, both cheesy and non-cheesy.

I usually used D-Dog, but it wasn't uncommon for me to use Quiet extensively as well. I especially used Quiet if I wanted to do a no-alert run but wanted to do the mission quickly without taking all the time to setup stealth take-downs. IE - very quick no-alert runs.

Regards,
SB

Well I've modified a tranquilizer sniper rifle to have a silencer and now i can do that myself, maybe i'll give her a try since I've maxed out my bond with D-Dog.

BTW; I just wanted to drop in to say, I really really really appreciate that MGS runs at 60fps for the most part. Even if the framerate isn't consistent (not much of an issue, hardly noticeable), I really like how smooth it feels to play. Yes, the Witcher for example has a lot more complex graphics that MGS makes up with very good artists, good texturing, good artistic choices, but I still like the compromise they settled on. Thanks to the fluid gameplay, it's a lot nicer to free roam the entire landscape or do multiple things at the same time (like bring up menues, the iDroid, give commands to your buddies etc).

Well done.

To be fair, The Witcher III is probably the most sluggish feeling 30 fps game there is. Even coming from other 30fps games like Bloodborne or Arkham Knight, a game which I feel makes for a pretty good comparison piece given how similar their combat systems are, going back to The Witcher III is a pain in the rear.

BTW; I just wanted to drop in to say, I really really really appreciate that MGS runs at 60fps for the most part. Even if the framerate isn't consistent (not much of an issue, hardly noticeable), I really like how smooth it feels to play. Yes, the Witcher for example has a lot more complex graphics that MGS makes up with very good artists, good texturing, good artistic choices, but I still like the compromise they settled on. Thanks to the fluid gameplay, it's a lot nicer to free roam the entire landscape or do multiple things at the same time (like bring up menues, the iDroid, give commands to your buddies etc).

Well done.
Unfortunately MGSV was not designed from the ground up for current gen consoles. Otherwise I cannot imagine how amazing it would have looked.

Back