Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

i just saw the most recent trailer of MGSV for the 9th time already, it's very good but something bothers me about it. you see snake strangling chico, giving diamonds to kids and then shooting them...is snake ok?

- Snake is holding convulsing Chico because there is bomb inside of him [9min extended trailer, open surgery].
- Snake is not giving diamonds to kids, those kids/women are slaves/prisoners who are offering diamonds to him, he just inspected one.
- Snake shooting... is probably him being pissed-off and opening the slave cage with an excessive force.

edit- my bad, snake and chicho are extracting bomb from Paz, i just rewatched 9min trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Her rifle has a sniping scope tho.
A super sniping scope? :eek:

Yeah I noticed that but I am thinking that by focusing the bloodstream near/on her eyes she can see better than any human being.
I was not suggesting that she can "zoom in" with her eyes and achieve the same effect of a scope.
Supernatural/superhuman abilities and technology always go along in MGS, they don't' exclude each other.
The End in fact could bulge his eyes out of their sockets but despite this used a scope.

The actor who plays her did say there is a reason why she dresses the way she does, so I'm leaning more toward full body octocam ability.

Her rifle has a sniping scope tho.
A super sniping scope? :eek:

The End also had a sniping scope and his eyes could stick out
mgs3_the_end.jpg

the-end.jpg

- Snake is holding convulsing Chico because there is bomb inside of him [9min extended trailer, open surgery].
- Snake is not giving diamonds to kids, those kids/women are slaves/prisoners who are offering diamonds to him, he just inspected one.
- Snake shooting... is probably him being pissed-off and opening the slave cage with an excessive force.

edit- my bad, snake and chicho are extracting bomb from Paz, i just rewatched 9min trailer

I see what you're saying. though for some reason i am thinking at some point the big mistakes Snake's made in his pass are coming up. that quote "I'm already a demon" points to it. i don't know.

Hawt :eek:

1378460828-quiet-3d-model.jpg

This game will look and play amazingly on next gen at 60 fps.

I think the original actress looks prettier. the model looks fabulous but she looks like she's lacking proper chin depth. ( it's kinda sagging in)

Kojima's response to the criticism of Quiet:

I know there's people concerning about "Quiet" but don't worry. I created her character as an antithesis to the women characters appeared in the past fighting game who are excessively exposed. "Quiet" who doesn't have a word will be teased in the story as well. But once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

Theme of "MGSV" is "GENE"⇒"MEME"⇒"SCENE"⇒"PEACE"⇒"RACE". Story touches the misunderstanding, prejudice, hatred, conflict caused by the difference of language, race, custom, culture, and preference. The response of "Quiet" disclosure few days ago incited by the net is exactly what "MGSV" itself is.

So we've gone from "she needs to be more erotic or sexy or whatever to sell more merchandise", to "no no, there are actually story reasons for this". He was always going to come up with some story excuse for it, after deciding to have a half naked chick in his game in the first place. His games are like that. I mean why were those Beauty and the Beast girls in MGS4 again? Nanomachines?

And it's fine, have those things in your game. But lets at least be honest about it.

So we've gone from "she needs to be more erotic or sexy or whatever to sell more merchandise", to "no no, there are actually story reasons for this". He was always going to come up with some story excuse for it, after deciding to have a half naked chick in his game in the first place. His games are like that. I mean why were those Beauty and the Beast girls in MGS4 again? Nanomachines?

And it's fine, have those things in your game. But lets at least be honest about it.

What do you want him to say ' shes is there so you can look at her boobs while playing it ! ' :LOL: just saying ! Its better to say there is a story reason for it, atleast he won't be qouted by news channels as an evil game dev propagating sin.

We all know he always foscusses a lot on boobs in all his MGS games. mGS3 had us pressing R1 to look at boobs during cutscenes, MGs4 had us displaying bikini women on mission briefing screens during cutscenes.

Its expected and let me say these are the finest till now for an MGS game :devilish: !

What do you want him to say ' shes is there so you can look at her boobs while playing it ! ' :LOL: just saying !

Well, what do you think "we want her to be be more erotic to sell more merchandise" means? ;)

He was always going to be called out on it. It's the popular thing to do nowadays. But those people eventually move on to next big thing to be upset about. He could have just let that Halo 4 dev have all of it. But now he's just making himself look stupid.

I might be attacked on this by some of you but really, I doubt many people get Hideo Kojima but rather assume and reflect other "creators" on him because its hard to see what resides below the surface with his work. Its not the first time he tried to provoke the norms and status quo with the series. He tried to do that even more with MGS2 like no other game has ever tried before. He went to deep and tried to put the gamer into a position where he should question what he thought he new and thought as acceptable. He used the (not so far from the truth) concept that what we think we know about ourselves and understand as our reality is something that has been largely defined by the programming of the socioeconomic and political system. Especially in the age of the vastness of digital information. Its not something that is easy to accept. Its not something many like seeing in their games. They want to play games and have fun. Few want to go all philosophical with their game and even fewer want to be put in a position where they should question their selves or the system they believe in. MGS2 did that, people didnt get it because they couldnt identify with it or didnt want to get it because they didnt want to. For those reasons I consider the series and especially MGS2 is one of the most exceptional games that had ever existed.

Hideo never cared what people would think. Instead he knew and provoked and often went against the status quo. For me he is the Socrates, the George Orwell and the Salvador Dali of gaming

Now I will just lay back and see how many will reply against my post :LOL:

Why do you think ppl would attack you for it ? MGS2 was supremely special because of its very theme, and we have , me , my wife and my gamer friends , had countless discussions on the theme of MGs2 and 4. Its not everyday that a game openly says that videogames are training kids for war! MGS 4 did that , not to get sales or rake up controversies(ala COD) , but did it elegantly, posed the question and discussed it openly, yet honestly. That too inside a videogame !

Kojima is God of gaming. I think most of the people who play his games get those deeper meanings, and th at is exactly why he has that kindof sales and following. I have no doubt that this bloody direction that he has taken for MgS V will have a thought provoking theme behind it too. You can literally feel it in that trailer ! You can feel Snake going thru it all.

But even with all of that he makes sure his games make fun of the game, you , snake himself and put a smile on ur face, like every good game should, for one reason or another. MGS is th eperfect balance of seriousness, stupidity, social commentary, spirituality ,fun and interactive entertainment.

The only experience that ever came close was SOTC.

I might be attacked on this by some of you but really, I doubt many people get Hideo Kojima but rather assume and reflect other "creators" on him because its hard to see what resides below the surface with his work. Its not the first time he tried to provoke the norms and status quo with the series. He tried to do that even more with MGS2 like no other game has ever tried before. He went to deep and tried to put the gamer into a position where he should question what he thought he new and thought as acceptable. He used the (not so far from the truth) concept that what we think we know about ourselves and understand as our reality is something that has been largely defined by the programming of the socioeconomic and political system. Especially in the age of the vastness of digital information. Its not something that is easy to accept. Its not something many like seeing in their games. They want to play games and have fun. Few want to go all philosophical with their game and even fewer want to be put in a position where they should question their selves or the system they believe in. MGS2 did that, people didnt get it because they couldnt identify with it or didnt want to get it because they didnt want to. For those reasons I consider the series and especially MGS2 is one of the most exceptional games that had ever existed.

Hideo never cared what people would think. Instead he knew and provoked and often went against the status quo. For me he is the Socrates, the George Orwell and the Salvador Dali of gaming

Now I will just lay back and see how many will reply against my post :LOL:

It's a very good post, and it's very much ignored how powerful the message is contained within the MGS series, particularly MGS2, in what I think is the most powerful and relevant game in the series as far as messaging goes.

The controversy over Quiet is an interesting one.

The one thing I can say without being reprimanded for being sexist or too PC, is that Kojima is willing to have a dialogue with users and gamers and the press, and that is invaluable that he is willing to defend his ideas and his artists work with an explanation.

The part people will blame me for being to PC: I think it's good people are voicing their concerns. I think people should be rational about it and be honest with their thoughts and present their ideas, including critiques, of what others are doing. And through this, whether there is misunderstanding or difference of opinion, we can have a dialogue and at the very least people can seek to understand each other's positions. It is incredibly important for people to question all types of media they see in their lives, going from movies, to advertising, to political promotion, and to sexuality in media, and even violence in media.

The part I don't like in this discussion is this force which is seeking and creating demons where there are none i.e. acting as if there is a strong militarily powered super-demonic-feminist movement out to attack games. People like to create their own enemies, so they can be easily defeated. There is no such movement in games. The people who argue from this standpoint serve to only belittle the discussion about sexuality in games by ridiculing people without fairness.

When people voice criticisms, they are fully aware of some hypocrisies in their everyday life, most of which they cannot control (the lack of appetite for mainstream sexual fantasy in US media, or the history in film and games of overt and graphic violence and gore).

But people should be allowed to set the stage for discussion, and I'm glad the likes of Atlus, Konami, George Kamitani, and Hideo Kojima have fielded and responded to criticisms of their work.

Through dialogue is the only way we can understand each other, and I hope we continue to have an open dialogue about the subject of sexuality in games, which is importantly a fairly new and infrequently approached subject in videogames. It's important for all people who want to be a part of the discussion to be civil and respectful of different perspectives, because again this is a fairly new and unexplored topic for games and it should be treated with the respect it deserves, and so should all the people involved.

I think the original actress looks prettier. the model looks fabulous but she looks like she's lacking proper chin depth. ( it's kinda sagging in)

I like the game model a lot, she is incredibly attractive... very curvy, and obviously an incredibly sexy and suggestive outfit.

But the real person is just... lol. She is way too good looking... *sighs*

The things a beautiful woman can do to others :)

Stefanie Joosten, a name I'm not likely to forget anytime soon :)

I have Mixed opinions on her outfit. It's sexy but that's about it. they should have given her elbow and knee guards, and also armored shoulder pads. and maybe a loosely worn military jacket on her back to complete the design. my two cents.

But anyways, she looks like an interesting character....just hope she doesn't have a potty mouth like jack from mass effect 2. that just killed it for me on even caring for her.

looks like someone beat me to it.

mgs-5-quiet-armor.png

left one's sexy but right one makes more sense. more gear for ammo and survival kits.......you also don't wanna catch a cold when the desert freezes over.

Not sure if this was already posted but yeah she's definitely very pretty though I wonder how she feels about pimple faced nerds salivating over her in this new game.:LOL:

looks like someone beat me to it.

mgs-5-quiet-armor.png

left one's sexy but right one makes more sense. more gear for ammo and survival kits.......you also don't wanna catch a cold when the desert freezes over.

Right picture reminds me of Resident Evil's female character tactical outfits.

Not sure if this was already posted but yeah she's definitely very pretty though I wonder how she feels about pimple faced nerds salivating over her in this new game.:LOL:

I think she's ok with it.

Right picture reminds me of Resident Evil's female character tactical outfits.

Or something similar to what was done for meryl in MGS4.
20120706144241841.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just going by what would make sense for a little bit of realism. But Besides that provocatively shown women is nothing new to the franchise.

hqdefault.jpg

Fortune.jpg

____revengeance_____mistral_concept_art_____by_pokethecactus-d5x3548.jpg

stars_bbcorps.jpg

So regardless of the controversy stirred up, kojima should be excused.

Back