Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
:LOL: Well said ! I got my Saga disc yesterday. Now waiting for the Metal Gear Online beta on 21st April (Beta game download available on 17th April).

EDIT: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186445
Quote:
Kojima is typically self-deprecating, despite MGS4's epic sweep. He describes his original vision for the game as a '10', which was scaled back to a '1' - after basing his original concept on a hopelessly optimistic estimate of (the then unfinished) PS3's power; revising his ideas when he saw the finished tech specs.

He is at pains, however, to stress he's impressed by PS3, and feels MGS4 pushes the limits of the Cell chip. In the very first teaser trailer shown at E3 2005 (rendered in the MGS3 engine on PS2) where Snake plays musical chairs, the theme was 'Nowhere to Hide', with the implication that MGS4 would have a completely destructible battlefield.

On AI...

:)

Those were the times when Sony said they are putting 3 cell processors in the ps3....sniff:cry:.....bloody money matters have ruined gaming .....sniff:cry:

Yeah but then users have been talking about the framerate drops, especially with multiple objects/smoke effects onscreen. 30fps videos also shows it. Though things can still get tweaked and patched.

From someone who owns the game, yes, Prologue does have a bit of tearing, but not to the extend that it would be an issue or even very obvious. In fact, it's pretty difficult to spot at times when concentrating on the race and the tearing doesn't strike you as bad since it's hidden well when it does happen (by the dark/light contrast of the game, i.e. in the London stage).

People are probably making a bitter thing out of it than it is, simply because this is pretty much *the very first* Gran Turismo that has some minor tearing. Another reason is because the game looks so good and many people are probably looking for the flaws to justifiy that Polyphony Digital is in fact only being human as well. ;)

Also, I think how much tearing you'll see will depend whether or not you are running it on 720p or 1080p mode, I'm sure.

The MGO Beta will be open for Europe. In Japan, you can sign-up online via Konami's website to get a beta key for the download. NA is the only place that's get screwed with a limited, pre-order only, beta. You guys happy now? :p

Konami have confirmed the news we all wanted to hear. Metal Gear Online beta will be available to us Europeans. Konami made the following statement “Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta will be available as a free download on the Playstation Store from April 17th until May 6th.” Awesome!

The MGO Beta will be open for Europe. In Japan, you can sign-up online via Konami's website to get a beta key for the download. NA is the only place that's get screwed with a limited, pre-order only, beta. You guys happy now? :p

NA has MGS4 bundle though.
BTW, MGO close beta has been out for some time now, where are the impressions from our Japanese brothers?

Really? Are you sure? Is this a different beta than the one you can sign-up for on the JP Konami site?
I don't know if it's the same registration site but closed beta was supposed to start 8 months or so ago. I somewhat remember seeing youtube videos from beta testers too.

You don't have permission to access /archiv04-2008-gamefront/metalgs4-24.jpg on this server.

:(

Any help?

It's a shot of the statue camouflage trick (perverted one), it should also be in 20 minute gameplay demo available on PSN, you probably saw it already.

You don't have permission to access /archiv04-2008-gamefront/metalgs4-24.jpg on this server.

:(

Any help?

If you still want to see it, just copy and paste the link directly into a browser (instead of clicking on the link in the thread).

I hope this wont lead to Kojima making the next MGS. Although I really like the series, I want to see what he can do in a new game that doesn't have to restrict itself to fitting into a existing franchise.

I'm sure it'll be a great game. The looks will likely vary but I don't expect the long E3 video like quality throughout and that at the time seemed to be Kojima's goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back