Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw it but i didn't listen to it all that much (volume kinda low, and was kinda distracted). it does show some levels that have never been shown before.

1up also has their review up.

from what i did see, the game looks amazing... much better than i thought.

I finally decided to watch the review. No spoilers from what I can tell :)

Indeed the visuals ARE awesome. They are closer to the very first trailer than I expected. Brilliant visuals!

the textures are more detailed, crisp and clear than what we used believe too. Unbelievable work.

So close ! Even if there are no spoilers, I would like to see the different locations for the first time in the game. My game guy say tomorrow or maybe day after :(

In fear of spoiling the experience, I haven't been reading this topic for the last few pages, but now that the game is out - does anyone know if MGSO uses PSN logins or do they still require the Konami-ID etc?

Thanks in advance and happy gaming (for those that just bought the game as well - still have a long day at work ahead of me before I get a chance to play it...)

Hey all...I wish I could read Japanese, because there's an MGS4 add-on on the Japan store...and I'd like to know what it is!!! :smile:

*edit* It's a theme, not an add-on :(

Hey guys! is MGO region Locked ? I read somewhere that EU guys can play only with EU guys and likewise for US although the servers are in Japan. I don't remeber it correctly. Is it so?

coz most probably i'll recieve the EU version.Who all will I be able to play with?

Picked up this morning, Impressive so far! Sound is amazing on 5.1 !! The muck and grime that collects the camera looks fabulous! Pretty much a rock solid 30fps, dipping slightly on occasion. Cut scenes are directed beautifully, and remember you can zoom in and move around! up on the dpad for zoom, right analog stick to move up,dn,lft,rgt.............

Hey guys! is MGO region Locked ? I read somewhere that EU guys can play only with EU guys and likewise for US although the servers are in Japan. I don't remeber it correctly. Is it so?

coz most probably i'll recieve the EU version.Who all will I be able to play with?

I think they are locked to your region, and not to the region of the disc you buy..

I think they are locked to your region, and not to the region of the disc you buy..
You mean it depends on the ps3 and not on the disc?
Are you sure? So, I have a ps3 which has english and russian on its box, so, is it a seperate asian version or is it the same as EU? I am in India BTW:cool:

@Nesh: See you there as soon as I can get my hands on a copy!(although I'll be engrossed in SP for quite some time I guess!:cool:)
Anyways, my studio has re-instated Saturday as a working day to compensate for the work pressure!:cry:When I was dreaming of my weekend drenched in MGS!Employer's always know how to ruin your fun!:rolleyes:

You mean it depends on the ps3 and not on the disc?
Are you sure? So, I have a ps3 which has english and russian on its box, so, is it a seperate asian version or is it the same as EU? I am in India BTW:cool:

@Nesh: See you there as soon as I can get my hands on a copy!(although I'll be engrossed in SP for quite some time I guess!:cool:)
Anyways, my studio has re-instated Saturday as a working day to compensate for the work pressure!:cry:When I was dreaming of my weekend drenched in MGS!Employer's always know how to ruin your fun!:rolleyes:

Region of your internet connection... I think...

Anyway...I know this is meant to be a respectable forum and we should be reserved etc (which I already struggle with, as Al and Shifty will know from my often rude PM's...sorry guys) but...

I'VE F***ING GOT IT!!!!

Play.com AM GODS! (ordered yesterday...posted yesterday, arrived today with the free postage!!!)

In fear of spoiling the experience, I haven't been reading this topic for the last few pages, but now that the game is out - does anyone know if MGSO uses PSN logins or do they still require the Konami-ID etc?

Thanks in advance and happy gaming (for those that just bought the game as well - still have a long day at work ahead of me before I get a chance to play it...)

Someone in GAF confirmed that it's using Konami ID.

To anyone is playing the game: may you verify if the game runs at sixty or thirty frames per second? I'm really interested in that (and if they are steady, too).

:LOL: Once you entered your id and password the first time, you don't have to worry about it. The game can auto sign-in after that.

peacegamer said:
To anyone is playing the game: may you verify if the game runs at sixty or thirty frames per second? I'm really interested in that (and if they are steady, too).

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1174920&postcount=226

"1024x768 confirmed of course and temporal AAx2 (i think they use intelligent temporal AA , they disable temporal AA when there are camera movement or quickly player movement for avoid remanence effect)
30fps but some moment at 60fps"

I believe some gaffers commented that the game may dip occasionally below 30fps, mostly during cutscenes. During gameplay, it's pretty much er... Solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back