Metal Gear Solid 4 720p HD Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compression artifacts on the GameSpot version are gross.

I guess 800KB/s is completely inefficent for 15 mins of 780p.

Must find a free dl for the IGN version...

graphically amazing technically, graphically this + the naughty dog game are the first to really excite me about the new console generation graphics wise

technically ,there is alot going on there.Snake's changing suit alone is a little gem.If nothing is technically impressive in MGS4 trailer ,then nothing is in any game.

_phil_ said:
technically ,there is alot going on there.Snake's changing suit alone is a little gem.
yes!

Just wondering, has their ever been something done like the 'octo-camo' thats seen in the trailer in any other game? I think thats one of my favorite moments about the entire 15 min trailer (besides raiden kicking some serious tail). It just seems so unique and I cant wait to mess around with it in game, standing next to random objects, etc. It's like Kojima took the already impressive camo system from MGS3 and took it to the next level. No longer is it just cameleon camo, where you just change the color, but it's octopus camo where you change the color and texture of whatever your standing next to in designated parts of your body. If thats not impressive, I dont know what is.

Imagine the mp gameplay modes with it! Capture the snake anyone? ;)

I would like to see the codec taken to the next level as well but still keeping it in line with the past MGS's so it doesnt seem out of place. Maybe incorperating the little robot into it somehow. I really cant wait to see what Kojima has planned for what seems is going to be the best and last mgs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad_Boy said:
yes!

Just wondering, has their ever been something done like the 'octo-camo' thats seen in the trailer in any other game? I think thats one of my favorite moments about the entire 15 min trailer (besides raiden kicking some serious tail). It just seems so unique and I cant wait to mess around with it in game, standing next to random objects, etc. It's like Kojima took the already impressive camo system from MGS3 and took it to the next level. No longer is it just cameleon camo, where you just change the color, but it's octopus camo where you change the color and texture of whatever your standing next to in designated parts of your body. If thats not impressive, I dont know what is.

Coming from a fan who considers MGS2 to be the best inthe series (indeed), I thought the camo in MGS3 was abit too gimmicky, and having to go to the menu to change every few areas just killed the pacing for me.

The Raiden scene was conducted really well, but I found my self getting abit bored nearing the end....

Dont get me started on the concepts of MGS online either

Skrying said:
No gameplay footage? Its a joke then.
Two words: Kojima Trailer.

El Leone said:
Coming from a fan who considers MGS2 to be the best inthe series (indeed), I thought the camo in MGS3 was abit too gimmicky, and having to go to the menu to change every few areas just killed the pacing for me.
Personally I loved the MGS3 camo, definately not tacked on or a gimmick to me. It was definately a nice gameplay feature that changed how you approached certain situations. As for going through the menu, not that applying camo in the game is super realistic, but if they allowed you to switch camo on the fly while playing the game(not in the menu) it would of felt very megaman-ish, and not as appreciated--atleast in my case. MGS3 is a semi-stealth game, so I'm not really sure pacing is the real problem at hand, as it's mostly about paitence in MSG, waiting for the right time to kill someone, waiting for the right time to run past something, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camo in mgs3 was a nice gameplay feature but they should make it less tedious to switch.
Maybe they should hire genji 2 developers to introduce 'real-time camo switching' in mgs4. :oops:

Moonblade said:
Camo in mgs3 was a nice gameplay feature but they should make it less tedious to switch.
Maybe they should hire genji 2 developers to introduce 'real-time camo switching' in mgs4. :oops:

IIRC the camo-switching is as real-time as real-time can be: that chameleon effect in the trailer is meant to be automatic whenever you hide in-game (although you might end up having to press a button to activate it).

Skrying said:
Your point? Its a trailer, trailers are worthless IMO. Double the worthless factor if it shows no real time gameplay.

correct! ....mgs4 trailer is worthless if what you want to play is need for speed ahh

but hey, if you would like to "read" what movies and games are about instead of seeing actual game/movie footage... i would say: go to the library and leave games to gamers, being trailers or not.
cheers

Skrying said:
Your point? Its a trailer, trailers are worthless IMO. Double the worthless factor if it shows no real time gameplay.
I take it you have never played much Metal Gear?

dskneo said:
correct! ....mgs4 trailer is worthless if what you want to play is need for speed ahh

but hey, if you would like to "read" what movies and games are about instead of seeing actual game/movie footage... i would say: go to the library and leave games to gamers, being trailers or not.
cheers

What? A trailer is worthless to me. What is worthwhile though is videos of actual gameplay, those actually tell me something about a game other than it has really pretty trailers.

A trailer DOESNT tell you what a game is about. It shows you a cut scene from it, how the hell are you knowing the gameplay from that?

Your statements are coompletely pointless and you really did not get what I said I guess.

kyleb said:
I take it you have never played much Metal Gear?

I've played MSG and MSG2 all the way through, didnt play MSG3 and not really interested.

Ah, well if you don't recall from the old ones, in all the games the cutsceens are done in-engine with the same assets as gameplay and those cutsceens make up a large part of the experience. So while gameplay would be cool to see, they are obviously a long way from completing the game and it makes sense that they are not ready to show that off yet, but for MGS fans this trailer is welcome taste of what is to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back