Metal Gear Solid 4 720p HD Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, this version of the trailer is new as of yesterday. Both IGN and Gamespot finally got proper 720p versions, though IGN's is really the one worth considering. It's much better quality than Gamespot one.

It's the version we've be waiting for - shows it off very well indeed. To give you an idea of quality, here's some captures from the IGN vid (click, and click the loaded picture again for full-size):

Titanio said:
No, this version of the trailer is new as of yesterday. Both IGN and Gamespot finally got proper 720p versions, though IGN's is really the one worth considering. It's much better quality than Gamespot one.

Ahh, I see. But since the above is ripped from a Gamespot account, I don't think the link is in line with the forum rules. :devilish:

From what i see i cant edit my OP...

If its against the rules then any of the mods should edit my post and remove the link.

The video is excellent though, i cant wait to see how the game will actually play as MGS2 was a huge jump from the original MGS in gameplay.

Awesome. :oops:

Too bad I only have a GameSpot account. I'd love to see what the IGN version looks like.

There are still some ps2 textures which I’m sure will be replaced but damn that trailer is beautiful .

GM: Will the gameplay look as good as the trailer? It's real-time, right?

Hideo Kojima: Yes, it is real-time, made with nearly final PS3 tools. My staff put a lot of time into, but you still see a little glitching going on. Hopefully, we should be able to fix all of that. We're only now learning how to best use the PS3, so we should be able to greatly enhance the visuals of the final product.[/QUOTE]

:oops: and i thought he said he wasn't aim for great graphics.

:oops::oops::oops:

B.U.T.FULL!!! How much more time do they have to "enchance the visuals"?

It's one of the games that'll make SONY's marketing effort for the PS3 a whole lot easier!

Technically, its pretty good, textures are pretty good but there are other games which are better looking. Its got a brilliant Art Direction though, which really helps enchance things and makes it stick out from the the other games.

IMO of course;)

Last edited by a moderator:
weaksauce said:
At least a year.
Dear Lord, that's gonna be a looong year!:(

I was thinking...these visuals look great now, but I get the feeling that it'll wear off by the time it's released...what with other studios gaining more & more knowledge in the hardware! What do y'all think? Will it still stand out visually, or (my pick) will it be a norm for console standards:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back