Mercenaries 2

I never played the first, so maybe it doesn't stand up so well if you have expectations. With zero expectations and its reduced price it is pretty fun.

This isn't a great game, but ironically I enjoyed it more than GTA4. It's not nearly as overwhelming and is much more combat-focused. That said, I have so many games in my backlog these days, who knows when or if I'll get back to it?

I played this game to completion, it was both extremely fun and yet the same time some of the game design decisions really let me down. I can't quite put it in words as its been a while since I played it, but the best way to describe it anyway was that the gameplay was extremely fun but how the game was designed around the core gameplay was flawed or broken. Playing it was both a fun and disapointing experience.

Is there any way to buy guns? I've picked up various weapons, but then I lose them and cannot find them again.

You can buy airdrops at the various bases, you unlock them by running missions/assassinations/destruction missions for each faction. You then equip them and call in a drop, though it will use oil.

Just be careful because your idiot pilot sometimes drops them in the middle of the water where they'll sink to the bottom if you're not quick, and you'll be SOL.

Back