Mercenaries 2

This game looks a little rough around the edges but I think giving the devs another 6 months minimum should clear a lot of things up :cool:

Wish we had more video of this game. The screens dont look so hot to me still, but that could all change with seeing the game run in motion with the physics-system-a-blazin. ;)

I'll still keep hope.

No word on a 360 version yet??? Damn, I'm really looking forward to Mercs 2, the first one was totally underrated. It was one of those games that didn't do as well as it should of because it was so hard to explain to people in a 30second commercial.

No word on a 360 version yet??? Damn, I'm really looking forward to Mercs 2, the first one was totally underrated. It was one of those games that didn't do as well as it should of because it was so hard to explain to people in a 30second commercial.

Our thanks to the team at Pandemic for giving up their time to share some candid remarks on a few burning questions. Keep an eye out for their next release, Mercenaries 2, coming to Xbox 360 and PS3, as well as some cool announcements in the coming months.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/756/756204p4.html :p

I thought their comment on not yet having the final devkit was interesting, though. There's probably a story behind that ...

Yep, that's because it's an article which was in the June 2006 OPM. They just got around to putting online.

Theres some new screenshots at IGN. I don't like the lack of progress. The shadows look like garbage to me and the texture detail is quite horrendous.

Wow thats really bad..

Imo, that almost looks like a last generation game run tru a upscaler.

Those shots are in the new OPM preview. I thought they were new. There are some better ones in OPM that are not there, though, one in particular showing some of the building destruction (shows one side of a 4 or 5 storey building mid-collapse).

I am hoping the destruction is general, and not special-case.

The preview itself makes it all sound exciting though, whatever about graphics. One of the cool new things is a grappling hook - you'll be able to scale buildings with it, attempt mid-air hijackings of things like helicopters, even attach it to boats for water-skiing, apparently.

It's really something I want to see demoed. We haven't really seen any proper footage, AFAIK. I'd like someone to do a presentation on some of the things possible in the game, I think that's really the only way to get a feel for a game like this.

Are they really new images? I bet I saw this image dated Feb 13 several months ago.
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/793/793793/img_4327574.html

And you would be correct, 1UP Had them in December:
http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3150234&sec=IMAGES

Even then, I would be hesitant to judge a sandboxy game like this on in-development screenshots. When a lot of your gameplay designs rely on being able to competently play through the world, I think this game will see a lot of its polish come within the last 6 months of development. It goes doubly true for a game that's primary platform is the recently launched PS3, where hardware spec and SDKs would have been ramping up in reliability/usability over the first half of the game's development.

They claim they're releasing in 2007 so we should hopefully get some new media soon.

I think people should cut a little slack for Mercenaries considering the entire world is destructable, surely there must be a big trade off there, but it's worth it IMO.

I think people should cut a little slack for Mercenaries considering the entire world is destructable, surely there must be a big trade off there, but it's worth it IMO.

Considering what I remember about Mercenaries, that pic is a big step up in graphics minus the lack of AA.

The continued support of PS2 is pretty amazing. It'll be interesting to see what its version ends up being like.

Also glad the co-op seems to be generally available, and not just in specific missions..they didn't seem too sure which way it would go in the last preview I read, so it's good to hear they made the right decision :)

Back