Outland (XBLA/PSN - Housemarque title)

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Mr. Domino, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Mr. Domino

Regular

It looks like Dead Nation wasn't the only thing they were working on:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1117769p1.html

Screens:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Scott_Arm

Legend

Another awesome looking download title. Seems like devs are starting to make really high quality downloaders. I love it.

3. joker454

Veteran

Yeah it's been an awesome year for downloadable games. Most of the games I'm playing this year are from xblive arcade/indie. I'll be adding this game to the list.

4. RenegadeRocks

Legend

:shock: :shock: :shock: ! No, No, I am not overreacting! That is too beautiful !

Great ! If that runs at 1080p, it will be the most beautiful game to grace my PSP. Love it when devs go arty rather than gory. Love it ! :D !

5. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

Wow this indeed looks great and special - will keep track of it.

6. AlNets

AlNets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Moderator Legend

Anyone try it out? I just got the trial. Seems like a quality title. I'm really digging the art. Even the menu & music is pretty slick.

7. BoardBonobo

BoardBonobo Infraction Magnet
    Veteran

For some strange reason I'm getting Shadow of the Beast vibes here!

8. RobertR1

Legend

I played the demo and bought it. It played amazingly well, to me. If you pick it up, hit me up for co-op.

9. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Was going to on PSN but well ... will probably try the 360 version this weekend instead.

10. Rangers

Legend

IGN very much liked it 9.0

Personally I wont be suckered into dropping 10-15 on another XBLA game I'll end up never playing, something I've done with regularity this gen. Especially since it also has metroid style exploring, which usually confuses me.

11. AlNets

AlNets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Moderator Legend

Yeah, I just started playing an hour ago... can't seem to put it down. The loading being two seconds between areas probably has something to do with that. :cool: It's just really fun platforming with the red/blue mechanic. Plus, I'm just taking lots of time trying to find the stashes of coins or health upgrades. Awesome art & music presentation. :)

So I came across a co-op challenge thing. I haven't quit the game yet, but it sounded like you'd be able to access that in the menu.

I just got to "Underworld: Lost Passageways" with tougher red soldiers & the red spirit power.

12. RobertR1

Legend

Same boat. Tried to played for 30mins and ended up at 2hr plus. I really like how the gameplay keeps evolving and doesn't become stale. The boss battles are extremely well done.

13. Xpuntar

Newcomer

As PSN title will this also be available for PSP or only for PS3?

14. RenegadeRocks

Legend

WOW ! Gamespot seems to love it ! Never seen so much praise being showered on a game before ! THey found no negatives at all :D !

One Question: does it have local co-op too? or is it online only? Gamespot mentions only online co-op

15. RobertR1

Legend

I believe it's online only.

16. AlNets

AlNets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Moderator Legend

Yeah, still haven't tried that out... :p I may wait until I finish the game or something. I'm in the arctic zone at the moment, and I just got the power that let's you use the jump pads. Gonna be spending a lot of time replaying from the beginning to find those extra Mark of the Gods and money chests. I still haven't bothered looking through the concept art gallery yet!

17. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Well, thats bad ! Why not? I can't ask my nephew to go buy another ps3 and then come online ! Its a 2D platformer, we can play on the same screen like LBP ! Whats so difficult about that?

18. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

There are some differences though, in that with two screen co-op you'd have to either keep players close together, or have a (dynamic) split screen like the Lego games have (e.g. the latest Lego Harry Potter). I'd say they could have done it fairly easily if this were a bigger retail title, but for a $10 download title supporting something like this is absolutely non-trivial.

19. Antan

Regular

Has anyone took the plunge with this yet? I tried the demo on PS3 which after a slow start grew quite alot. Has a tremendous art style and is as slick as they come. Outstanding audio (es always from HM). And is 7 quid or so while still in PSN+ territory.

20. joker454

Veteran

Yeah I bought it $8 on Live, didn't finish it yet but very cool game overall for the price.