Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC (360)

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
Well, following Oblivion I've noticed that a second former 1000/1000 GS game that I've had has gone to 1000/1250 - there are now a bunch more achievements for Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

People seem to think that this may be available for download in the next couple of days.

I cant believe how addictive the gamerscore concept turned out to be :). Good news about Marvel may need to rent it again and give it another whirl.

I guess no one else saw the trailer that pinned the date at 4/10. I'm interested but not quite sold yet. If the characters turn out to be ho-hum, I'll skip it.

I guess no one else saw the trailer that pinned the date at 4/10. I'm interested but not quite sold yet. If the characters turn out to be ho-hum, I'll skip it.
The problem with the Marvel games is the different characters are basically different skins to the same skill-sets. Any new hero will either be a brawler class with big punch, knock-back punch, etc. or elemental class...and you'll have had the same game experience already with the existing characters.

You don't waste any opportunity to boast about your gamerscore, do you? :smile:
Well, that just how I noticed that there was new content for the game - I'd all of a sudden seen my retail game complete number drop!

edit: just noticed it's over 25k
Thats what the sig says! :D

I cant believe how addictive the gamerscore concept turned out to be :).
I'm not at all. To a certain extent it harks back to the "high score" chasing of games of old - they've just turned that into a meta game. The achievement icons are there for those that like "badges of honor" as well, so they've covered it off in numerous ways.

Yeah, I missed the trailer. I don't often browse marketplace, only going there is there is something specific I want to get.

It looks like the new characters will include: Hulk, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Hawkeye, as well the villains Venom, Dr. Doom, Magneto, and Sabretooth will be available for download.

The video I saw was on Gamespot. I have no idea if it's on the Marketplace as well. And yeah, those are the 8 characters available for download.

The problem with the Marvel games is the different characters are basically different skins to the same skill-sets. Any new hero will either be a brawler class with big punch, knock-back punch, etc. or elemental class...and you'll have had the same game experience already with the existing characters.
Mostly, yes. But some combinations are more fun than others. Colossus, for instance, just isn't any fun to play as. The Thing was much more interesting even though he fills the same basic role. Too, there are some oddities in there like Mr. Fantastic that are pretty much unique.

I'm hopeful that, even if they aren't unique, the new characters will at least be fun. The Hulk and Venom look the most fun to me. Dr. Doom, Magneto and Hawkeye look the least interesting. Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Sabretooth look like they might go either way.

By the way, has anyone else experimented with different teams? I found a two person team that blew away all competition. Put Iron Man and Deadpool in the active team, max out Iron Man's bouncing/piercing laser attack and his energy saving buff, max out Deadpool's twin gun attack and his damage boosting buff. When you play, keep the two buffs up and you'll be doing an extra 30 points of damage on every hit while spending 33% less energy doing so. You can rack up kills very quickly with this combo. Add two other characters with rapid, bullet-like attacks to gain the most out of the combo.

Hopefully this content will make it's way to the PS Store. This is probably my most played game on the PS3 as I'm currently on my fourth playthrough.

Actually, it hasn't made its way on to Marketplace yet - it was supposed to be released yesterday and Activision missed that. They are saying it should be ready soon.

Back