March TRSTS Game Sales

Almasy said:
I feel bad for the 48 100 souls that bought Tao Feng. :p

hey if they enjoyed it then more power to them

i usually never criticizes ppl preferences in games (or whatever actually), since i hate it when ppl critisizes mine (so i like Sister Princess, doesn't make me a pedo or incestuous :|)

like Tekken, morepower to u
like new link, more power to u
like spice girls, more power to u, heh
like boy bands, find someplace high, and uhh..threw yourself over

-aneep-

aneep said:
Almasy said:
I feel bad for the 48 100 souls that bought Tao Feng. :p

hey if they enjoyed it then more power to them

i usually never criticizes ppl preferences in games (or whatever actually), since i hate it when ppl critisizes mine (so i like Sister Princess, doesn't make me a pedo or incestuous :|)

like Tekken, morepower to u
like new link, more power to u
like spice girls, more power to u, heh
like boy bands, find someplace high, and uhh..threw yourself over

-aneep-

I was just kidding, but you have to admit it doesn´t...ahem...has the highest reputation among fightning game fans. :)

I'm glad to see Zelda still has its mass-market touch, keeps Nintendo "in the game" with the two big bullies. Not so fond of the Pokemon franchise though... its become a tad stale for me.

I'm still a bit surprised zelda sold so well. I know it's a big franchise but after more than a year of all that stupid "OMG, teh new zelda-look is teh kiddie!!!"-talk I expected disappointing sales actually. The question remains though how WW will fare in april. Usually Nintendos games sell well in the first two weeks mostly because almost every cube-owner/Nintendo-fan immediately rushes out to buy them. But then sales slow down rather quickly (we've seen it with Metroid Prime). I wonder how zelda affected hardware sales since its release...

Still, it's good to see Nintendo going strong again. GBA SP seems to be doing great too. Nintendo should follow a similar approach (design-wise) with their next-gen console 'cause people seem to like it :)

Aye, Zelda:WW has very, very large shoes to fit (OoT). How many million did it sell in its first year? Like 6 or something?

CeiserSöze why is it so hard to believe it sold well. It has great gameplay and amazing visuals even if some people don't like the way the game looks game play is allways more important than graphics .

LogisticX said:
I'm glad to see Zelda still has its mass-market touch, keeps Nintendo "in the game" with the two big bullies. Not so fond of the Pokemon franchise though... its become a tad stale for me.

Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire change a lot, and bring a lot of new stuff to the table - enough that they're totally incompatible with the older versions, and that isn't just because they don't have all of the critters from the old ones. If that was the problem, GameFreak would have surely found a way around it, like only allowing the link under certain conditions (much like the time capsule from Gold/Silver).

jvd said:
CeiserSöze why is it so hard to believe it sold well. It has great gameplay and amazing visuals even if some people don't like the way the game looks game play is allways more important than graphics .

Not to the casual users imho, they usually choose style over substance (Max Payne is probably the best example. I can't believe it's still in the top 30 :rolleyes:). I truly believed that zelda would sell less than stellar because it's definitely not what the casual gamer would call stylish. I'm glad that this doesn't seem to be the case (though we still have to see if zelda is able to remain in the top 10 over a longer period).

CeiserSöze said:
jvd said:

Not to the casual users imho, they usually choose style over substance (Max Payne is probably the best example. I can't believe it's still in the top 30 :rolleyes:). I truly believed that zelda would sell less than stellar because it's definitely not what the casual gamer would call stylish. I'm glad that this doesn't seem to be the case (though we still have to see if zelda is able to remain in the top 10 over a longer period).

Well nintendo isn't about the casual gamers. Those people own other systems .

Judging how long zelda stays in the top 10 isn't a good way to go about this . You should compare how many gamecubes there are and how many zeldas are sold . If zelda sells half as many as there are gamecube tittles then it was a huge success. Considering installed bases zelda doesn't have much of a head room to stay on the top ten list long compared to a game on the ps2. It be akin to comparing an art house movie with a summer blockbuster. Just not very fair at all .

jvd said:
Well nintendo isn't about the casual gamers. Those people own other systems .

There´s no need for words for this kind of idiocy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Judging how long zelda stays in the top 10 isn't a good way to go about this . You should compare how many gamecubes there are and how many zeldas are sold . If zelda sells half as many as there are gamecube tittles then it was a huge success. Considering installed bases zelda doesn't have much of a head room to stay on the top ten list long compared to a game on the ps2. It be akin to comparing an art house movie with a summer blockbuster. Just not very fair at all .

OoT sold around 7 million copies worldwide, regardless of installed base (which, if I remember correctly wasn´t at the time not too different than GCN´s current 10 million installed base). WW certainly has big shoes to fill, the installed base doesn´t matter, the game historically has been a multimillion seller, and has always boosted hardware sales. F-anboy spinning and twisting will not change history.

Back