Lotus Exige S 240 pwned

But Lambo's being half Audi means that they break down less than they did in the past doesn't it? Surely that's a good thing? They're still fecking quick and look pretty good.

The last thing I want when I buy a car that has the same price as a house is that half the parts come from some sedan car builder. How cares about reliability. These cars are bought a 6th or 7th car only driven on the occasional weekend. Owners dont expect the cars to run 30k a year troublefree, they only have to do a couple of thousand a year and if they do they will make sure the car get serviced regualary. Mechanic wise there arnt that much problems anymore these days. Now it often relates more to electronics. If you want a nice job btw, forget about becoming a docter. Become a Ferrari electric mechanic, these guys charge a freaking fortune and you still get to wear the rubber gloves and all.

You guys are freaking crazy. Lambos are still great cars to this day! And yes, when you drive it around town or anywhere people will constantly stare and point at you. Their jaws drop on a constant basis and they're always coming up to you to ask if they can take a picture of it with them standing next to it.

They're not for rich old traders or the like......... That's just a sad stereotype I cannot let you get away with.

Having said that. The cars are really nice since Audi have bought them. My personal favorite is still the Diablo VT 6.0 as it was the best Diablo in my book. The car drives really nicely with the right suspension setup, and if you are rich and have the cash to turn it into a 800 HP monster then you would probably fall in love with it. The god damn clutch goes out like every 2,000 miles on it, and that sucks!

The new GT-R is a much smoother ride than the Z06. It's a better overall car and those turbos are sweet.

A diablo that is nice to drive? is that diablo nice or nice nice? And do you still need atleast 6 arms to shift gears in that one? I wonder if upping the hp is really needed. Lots of those tunners just put twin turbo's on whatever you give them but I always wonder if they dont kill the balance the car has. I mean, there is a reason why lambo and ferrari build cars to a certain spec and not just put it out the door with a big tubo on it like they could easily do. Atleast, thats why I think, could be wrong.

Dunno about reliability, but just hearing a lambo drive by almost gives me a hard-on. Audi or not, they're still the hottest machines on the road for my taste, bare the exotic Pagani Zonda. I'm not really sure but I think I read that it's just the transmission and some electronics stuff from Audi in there.

Tongue: we have an F599 for benchmarking here, after 40000 km it's got it's second engine and third transmission.

Not sure about the murcialago but the gallardo uses the engine, tranny, 4wd sytem, interior (its just the same as the A3) and probably some other bits and pieces.

How do you guys tested the 599? like the average driver would use it or press it hard? I suppose im not that suprised on it needing parts replacement so soon but you'd expect the engine to last quite a bit longer than just 20k, especially if you have it serviced regulairy (I assume there is a reason why Ferrari wants your Enzo every 5k or every 6 months and the 599 basically has the same engine).

Can't comment on the 599 or many Ferrari cars as I don't have much personal experience with them.

As for the Diablo. It's not a good daily driver if that's what you're asking, but it is nice nice when you're on a track with it, and not sme stupid quarter mile or round track lol. It's a pain in the ass shifting the gears in the city. I'd imagine any manual would be but the Lamborghini is just horrid when trying to get it off the line. It is rarely used for a leisurely drive.

As far as the upgraded horsepower. No, it isn't needed at all but that's where the desire to make it perform even better comes in. Of course it needs some suspension work redone and better brakes, but this is all for track purposes. The car itself is a pain in the ass to get into, but I'm only 5' 8" so it doesn't bug me so much. I've got strong arms so shifting it on the track isn't a problem at all. The upgrades themselves will set ya back $60,000. It's a vice!

I would love to get my hands on the LP 640 Murcielago, but I'm not willing to spend the money on it just yet. I will probably skip it and wait for the next iteration of whatever Lambo brings out.

It must be nice to have to kind of cash to spend on a car (or just having that amount of cash to begin with lol). I have to take a loan just to pay rent + college money.

I dont really see the point in upgrading a diablo for track use only. You can get faster and better for less. Or if money isnt really a option ofcourse the ultimate car to buy would be a old F1 car. Its not actually that expensive. Ferrari sells their car for 1 to 2.5 million dollars and the corsa cliente will only cost you about 300k which isnt that much for 6 races a year including maintance. You only have to pay for shipping yourself.

The 599 is lovely but have you seen the gap between the wheel and the front wheel arch... complete disaster, it makes it look like the wheels have shrunk. Rest of the car is fantastic though, especially the interior. It does not shout supercar though like a wedge shape Gallardo does.

Also, have you noticed quickly new Ferrari's look old? The 360 being a prime example.

Well a 599 is a GT cruiser so its not ment to shout supercar like a lambo does (and have to do, as its a lambo).

As far as the 360 goes, well I think that looks old because it is old. Its just old enough to be looked at as a ''classic'' (not that I think the 360 ever will be) so now its kinda in the middle of nowhere. Its not new, but its not really old either.

So, tongue, I presume you don't like the Veyron either then? After all, that's owned by the same group as Audi too.

Sounds like nothing more than snobbishness to me. Not that I'm ever going to own a Lambo or a Veyron!

No I dont like the veyron. I appriate for the engineering it has but it doesnt appeal to me as a supercar. I dont like the looks, too much beetle for my liking and other than straight line speeds its not very fast either. Its build as a fast comfortable car, but its not build to take around a track or be brutal. Its ment to be nice and easy. Thats why I dont like it. To plain looking and to damn heavy with almost 1900kg. Thats not a supercar, thats a truck.

No I dont like the veyron. I appriate for the engineering it has but it doesnt appeal to me as a supercar. I dont like the looks, too much beetle for my liking and other than straight line speeds its not very fast either.

Do you have some laptime information or something, as I haven't really heard anything about Veyron's cornering performance. Tiff Needel said on 5th gear, that it is pretty good, but I don't think he pushed it very hard.

Do you have some laptime information or something, as I haven't really heard anything about Veyron's cornering performance. Tiff Needel said on 5th gear, that it is pretty good, but I don't think he pushed it very hard.

The Veyron is ridiculously fast (0-60mph 2.5seconds, 0-125mph 7.3, 0-250mph 55) but I have no idea about handling as it weight is something like 2 tonnes. I doubt its going to be near as good as much lighter cars, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn faster laps than an M3.

here's a video of some track footage

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/07-25-07page-Bugatti-Veyron-at-Nurburgring.htm

I read on some other forum that it did 7:45 or 7:40 if you believe wheels magazine (apperantly that is from australia).

Big list of laptimes here: http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073 Not totally up to date and complete I think though. For example the Enzo is missing while it has a confirmed lap time if I remember right.

It, ofcourse is faster than a M3. Not to suprising because even if its as good, or a bit less good at cornering the massive acceleration, topspeed and not to forget braking speed will easily make up for that. OTOH a m3 is only 10 seconds slower while its about 10 times cheaper. I know where I would put my money.

I'd buy a radical or donkervoort

I remember the guy who designed the mclaren F1 (gordon murray) was very critical of the veyron when it came out, "speed without handleing is a sign of a badly designed car ect" (not a direct quote)
he later appologised when he got to try one he said it was actually quite good

You sure it as after he tried it and not after he woke up next to a horses head :LOL:

He refered to the change of direction as quite good, not the handling in general. The Veyron is a statement not top of the line sports car, and purely on that point it rocks.

I knew it's handling sucked when Top Gear said VW/Buggati refused to let the Stig put it round the track.

From road reports I have read they have managed to hide the Veyrons mass when cornering. It still isn't a great handler but it's pretty darn good, good enough for the car not to be classed as just a dragster.

It's one of those cars you admire rather than fall in love with. I'm sure when you drive it for the first time you are pretty amazed though, and it looks after you to some extent ( quite important I guess for some buyers).

Back