Lost Planet - Interview with Jun Takeuchi

Xbox Gazette : How many people are working on Lost Planet and could you let us know the names of some of the key team members along with their roles?
Jun Takeuchi : The number of developers is always changing, though the average would be between 40 and 50. I can't tell you about every important person, but most of them are those who have been involved with Devil May Cry 3 and Onimusha 3.
Jun Takeuchi : We chose to release the demo at E3 this year as we wanted to see the reaction of gamers from across the globe to what we had achieved at that time. So far the demo has been downloaded by over 500,000 people and received a lot of useful feedback, a lot of which we will be implementing into the final version. For instance, many players asked for a close-quarter melee attack and this has now been included.
Xbox Gazette : Will Lost Planet (and Dead Rising) stay an exclusive Xbox 360 title, or will it be ported to other platforms?
Jun Takeuchi : Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is a 360 exclusive. I am afraid I cannot comment on Dead Rising as I did not work on this project.
For example, Dead Rising, DMC4 and maybe Resident Evil 5 will be using the same engine. There are several other main planners working too.
un Takeuchi : We realize that the multiplayer element is a very important part of games such as Lost Planet so we are working very hard on this part.
"Elimination" is the death match mode and consists of 2 game types; one is team play and the other is individual match where everyone is an enemy.
In "Fugitive Hunt", one player proposes to be a "Fugitive". The other players chase the fugitive like hunters. The reason for the player to come forward would be that he/she can show off his/her skill. The others challenge that.
Lost Planet will support up to 16 players via Xbox Live, but there will be no split screen option

http://www.xboxgazette.com/interview_lost_planet_en.php ((pics inside))

That DMC4 thing might be a slip of the tongue, or was it already confirmed?

OTOH, maybe the engine is multi platform...

Also:

Yes, we are using the same engine that was created for Dead Rising and we are very pleased with what we have achieved given that these are our first two titles for the Xbox 360. As for Resident Evil 5, we do plan to use the same engine, but will be making a number of changes - you could say we will be tuning it to run like a GT car.

Me like.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is most likely going for a 9+. Very promising. Cacpcom knows how to make superb games and 360 is getting a wonderful treatment

maybe after dead rising and lost planet success, capcom will put some major pressures to make it multiplatform, who knows
just sit and wait, remember assassin creed, who knows what will happen, the porting using the same engine seems nothing of difficult.

Porting Lost Planet and Dead Rising to PS3 wouldn't be a trouble then. ;)

Porting Lost Planet and Dead Rising to PS3 wouldn't be a trouble then. ;)

Problem is that the with the huge launch shortages, PS3's install base won't make it worthwhile to port anything until later next year, while 360 is just sitting there with 8million+ install base ready to go by the end of this year.

Lots of new previews up today.

Here's one with footage: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/743/743340p1.html

WOW

this game may be even better than GoW (or at least as good) ;)

looks even more exciting with several variations of gameplay not to mention best explosions. EVER.

Capcom
bowdown.gif

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/jarosh-gaf/lostplanet3.gif

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/jarosh-gaf/lostplanet1.gif
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/jarosh-gaf/lostplanet2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks a bit funner to me than GOW *runs and hides* :devilish:

I think this game is better than Gears of War. The "stop, hide, and pop" seems a lot more boring to me. It may be more realistic, but I still would to see more from the title. If you could use vehicles in GOW that would make it a little better. LP just seems to have a lot more variety. It's more action oriented "run and gun" gameplay that won't go stale, IMO.

WOW

this game may be even better than GoW (or at least as good) ;)

looks even more exciting with several variations of gameplay not to mention best explosions. EVER.

Capcom
bowdown.gif

Yep, the explosions are something else, really great stuff. As for GoW and this I guess in the end it is a lot about taste. I know a lot could fing the taking cover part of GoW a bit boring and repetitive, but strangely enough that is what to me somehow adds intensity to the game, it feels more "war" like somehow...

Holy shit! I know I've said it before, but I think Lost Planet has some of the best fire and explosion effects I've seen. Absolutely incredible! I hope they're that good in the final game.

On another note. I wish people would stop comparing games such as Lost Planet and Gears of War along the lines of "which is better". There is no need for competition. After all, it's not like you only get to choose one game or the other. Just buy them both and enjoy.

now this does look like an nice game to play,
also its vying for the title of best graphics on the xb360 along with alanwake
excellant stuff

Though fun is subjective, it sure looks more action-packed and mainstream than bloody violence. More like Halo.

indeed

I think [SIZE=-1]Inafune[/SIZE]'s feeling was to sell this to Capcom as their interpretation of a Halo-like series. (albeit 3rd person)

the Multiplayer is supposedly very robust.

Back