Loco Roco PSP...pure awesomeness in your hand

NA/EU should be able to use the updater and get the 2.7 firmware also.

The Loco Roco demo works on all versions too, it seems.

It's also fantastic.

xmu said:
For crack money? ;)

laugh.gif

Naw for gas money. F*cking Bush.:devilish:

Or should I say freaking oil prices?

Bobbler said:
NA/EU should be able to use the updater and get the 2.7 firmware also.

The Loco Roco demo works on all versions too, it seems.

It's also fantastic.
yep ,great and fresh game.And not halfway "technically unimpressive" like most ignorant would think .all is polys but you don't see them.Great visual style.Very good mechanics.pure fun.

Yeah downloaded the demo as well. A different level than the one in the GDC version, a lot longer infact. Great great fun! Locoroco has officially fallen into my "if you don't play this you go to hell without passing go" category.

Official release date will be revealed at E3 I guess? Currently it's just "summer 2006"?

xmu said:
Yeah downloaded the demo as well. A different level than the one in the GDC version, a lot longer infact. Great great fun! Locoroco has officially fallen into my "if you don't play this you go to hell without passing go" category.

Official release date will be revealed at E3 I guess? Currently it's just "summer 2006"?

Wow is it that fun?

mckmas8808 said:
Wow is it that fun?

Yeah it is :) Kinda hard to describe really, with the game being really simple and all.. but while playing you constantly find yourself smiling and laughing and just generally being really happy that you're playing.

Brought my PSP w/ Locoroco to the office and the guys immediately confiscated my PSP and occupied the sofa and started giggling. The phrases they used were "can there be anything better than this?", "the gameplay is just utterly brilliant" etc.

MUST. HAVE. FINAL. BUILD. NOW.

mckmas8808 said:
laugh.gif

Naw for gas money. F*cking Bush.:devilish:

Damn, this guy speeks the truth! :devilish: Gas prices are rocketing! :devilish: Okay, I'll stop now, before this gets moved to the political forum...

I downloaded both the demo and the 2.70 update tonight, and it's really really, good. An excellent concept, a great realisation, easily one of my most awaited PSP games for 2006. Of course, we don't know the game length/replay value yet, but if it's on par with, say, Kirby DS (another excellent and innovative platformer), I'm sold. 2006 is really looking great for portable gaming.

Corwin_B said:
I downloaded both the demo and the 2.70 update tonight, and it's really really, good. An excellent concept, a great realisation, easily one of my most awaited PSP games for 2006. Of course, we don't know the game length/replay value yet, but if it's on par with, say, Kirby DS (another excellent and innovative platformer), I'm sold. 2006 is really looking great for portable gaming.

~40 levels

pretty big

PeterT said:
So basically this is an enhanced Gish clone :p

(Sorry, had to say it after the great originality praise from everyone ;))

As cool as Gish is, it isn't really all that close to this game, outside of the fact that you play a blob and gish is a blob =o Gish is more of a physics tech demo than a game.

Loco Roco is Gish - some physics stuff + more entertaining gameplay + more style + music that matches the feel of the game -- so maybe it is an Enhanced Gish =p

Nothing against Gish... I thought Gish was pretty sweet for what it was (indie development needs love too!).

PeterT said:
So basically this is an enhanced Gish clone :p

(Sorry, had to say it after the great originality praise from everyone ;))

It plays nothing like Gish. The similarities are that you are a blob and you do platformy stuff, thats about it. But in terms of gameplay, Loco Roco you rotate the landscape to move, but in Gish you control the blob directly. Loco Roco's platforming revolves around you growing, breaking up, and jumping to solve puzzles.

Back