MGS4 Released Next Year? Kojima seems to think so.... *Shock!*

<nu>faust said:
8088 , i really dont understand why arent you trying so hard not to see my point. what i'm saying is there is not much difference between a late 2006 release and an early 2007 one ,and you still continue saying ppl were wrong when they said mgs was a 2007 release. :???:

scooby_dooby said:
Who knows what'll happen, but based on their past history it doesn't get any better then the pre-release trailers they show. I think they've set a very high goal for themselves as it is, and if really aiming for a 2006 launch I think they'll struggle just to produce an equal level of quality, let alone improve it.

You guys are not looking at the facts. A 2006 game is a 2006 game. I know there's not a real difference between late 2006 and early 2007, yet November or December of 2006 is NOT 2007. So yes if the game comes out in December of next year that means it's NOT of 2007. Which also means the people saying this game will be a 2007 would be wrong. You can't change facts.

And to Scooby, Kojima himself said that the game will look better than what we seen.

IGN said:
The shots revealed in the magazine are images running on actual PS3 hardware, and as impressive as they are, they will get better, according to Kojima's comments.

So tell me again why you think MGS4 won't look better than what we seen. MGS2 looked better than the first ever viewings of it too.

mckmas8808 said:
So tell me again why you think MGS4 won't look better than what we seen. MGS2 looked better than the first ever viewings of it too.

The MGS2 cinematic trailer? I'm talking about the MGS2 Cinematic trailer they released, before the game came out, and it looked much better then the final in-game gameplay.

Same game assets, much more polished presentation and dramatic movie-feeling.

20050923.jpg

scooby_dooby said:
The MGS2 cinematic trailer? I'm talking about the MGS2 Cinematic trailer they released, before the game came out, and it looked much better then the final in-game gameplay.

Trolling as usual? Many have already voiced their opinion that this was simply not the case - in fact, the game even had improved graphics compared to that trailer. You either have a very selective memory or simply haven't played the game to make such claims.

scooby_dooby said:
Well MGS games have always looked about the same as the trailers, but usually much less cinematic and less attention to detail in game, but the same in-game assets that apper in the trailers.

It's quite evident you've never really played MGS2.. I suggest you stick to opinions of games that you've actually played. ;)

The attention to detail in the game is staggering: shoot nearly anything in the game and see it break correctly (shoot glasses, bottles to hear the different noises and how they fall apart), shoot pans to hear the difference in noise dependant on the size of the pan itself - shoot into pipes where steam comes out - bags where dust comes out.. shoot melones... the list goes on and on and on and on...

scooby_dooby said:

You've obviously never played a MGS game and are just trolling now...

He's right you know.

All the excitement of watching MGS trailers and reading Kojima interviews, dies when you start playing.

Snake Eater's survival, eat or whatever be eaten crap, turned out a real chore alrite. CQC overpowers all guards. Swell!

SOL promised much over MGS1 but guards still follow a preset path, whatever tactics Kojima spoke of, are one-off gimmicks that have no compelling use.

You can use them to fool around with the AI but it gets old fast. :yawns:

Kojima is no Miyamoto*. Kojima lives and dies by his presentation. Leave the ideas and implementation to Miyamoto. ;)

*vice versa! No disrespect to Koji, he does command one of, if not, the best in-game cinematics team.

Back