Loco Roco PSP...pure awesomeness in your hand

Oh yeah...so all that processing power in the PSP has gone to different areas other than just graphics (which are 2D-3D by the way<--these games can push 3D hardware...just look at Viewtiful Joe). If you watch the interview, you'll note that the game has audio which adjusts itself the situation and a high level of character AI, which will help illicit an emotional response. Remember, the game is about pick-up-and-play, intuitive fun that'll put a smile on your face because of the ridiculousness of the whole thing (quite like Katamari Damacy).

mckmas8808 said:
Regardless if you like it or not people actually want to play games like Madden while driving to the beach on vacation.
Hopefully not while actually driving though! :D

And I think Dualdisaster was being sarcastic, but I'm not sure.

Shifty Geezer said:

HA! Yeah he probably was joking. Guess I got carried away with the theme of the conversation.:LOL:

Shifty Geezer said:

I kinda wasn't. I like sony a lot and i just wanted to see how long he thought PSP was gonna last since he shared the same thought processes as i... I would hate to see it disappear because people don't wanna get games for it due to it's rep.

edit: people keep saying it's doomed too.

DUALDISASTER said:
I kinda wasn't. I like sony a lot and i just wanted to see how long he thought PSP was gonna last since he shared the same thought processes as i... I would hate to see it disappear because people don't wanna get games for it due to it's rep.

Come on man people were saying Tupac and Elvis were alive too after they died. Do your research and make your own opinion. Again why would Sony leave a profitable business with the PSP? Would you think they would leave just because they are not beating Nintendo after 15+ years of straight dominance?

The PSP sold more units than the DS (by 2,000 units) in the month of March. They are selling decent in Japan (even though DS is a monster) and selling comparable to the DS in Europe.

So again I ask you, why do you think Sony will stop making handhelds?

P.S. Hope you enjoy Loco Roco. I know I will.

DUALDISASTER said:

You remind me of that pixel kid (can't remember his name, but he had Pixel in his username)... I can't really tell if you're "stealth trolling" or just a bit dense. If you hear people saying that you're likely hanging out in the wrong places, as anyone with half a brain knows it won't just be ditched and it isn't doomed. It's been outselling DS in NA since the start of 06, and selling comparably to EU -- it's only getting beaten in JP, so is everything else though...

On another note:

LocoRoco looks friggin sweet. In my top 5 most wanted for 06, at the moment at least.

Bobbler said:
You remind me of that pixel kid (can't remember his name, but he had Pixel in his username)... I can't really tell if you're "stealth trolling" or just a bit dense. If you hear people saying that you're likely hanging out in the wrong places, as anyone with half a brain knows it won't just be ditched and it isn't doomed. It's been outselling DS in NA since the start of 06, and selling comparably to EU -- it's only getting beaten in JP, so is everything else though...

On another note:

LocoRoco looks friggin sweet. In my top 5 most wanted for 06, at the moment at least.
What ever happen to him? Didn't see him here in a while...he had some funny stuff but i sometimes saw where he was coming from. And don't you think you were being rude saying i was dense? What if i didn't know where to check to get u.s. sells or didn't check the stats for a while? I did say i heard not thought. I guess i should have asked it differently, like have sells for PSP increased or decreased during each month of sells when comparing each previous month.

Come on guys, if you wanna keep this *hit up why don't you start a new thread titled "Bitching, whining and general bickering".

This thread should be about LOCO friggin' ROCO and nothing else.

xmu said:
This thread should be about LOCO friggin' ROCO and nothing else.

I second that. At this rate, it won't be long until PC-Engine *cough* Nanotech *cough* will be banned again.

As for Loco Roco; Seems like a very fun game. If I ever get PSP, this, Exit and Mercury will be the games I'll be getting along with it! :D

Phil said:
I second that. At this rate, it won't be long until PC-Engine *cough* Nanotech *cough* will be banned again.

As for Loco Roco; Seems like a very fun game. If I ever get PSP, this, Exit and Mercury will be the games I'll be getting along with it! :D

To me the funny thing is that early critics of the PSP said that all it would get would be rehashed PSP ports, but now that it's getting more unique and innovative games like Loco Roco, the comments are now coming at it from the angle, "well it doesn't use the power of the PSP!"

Ty said:
To me the funny thing is that early critics of the PSP said that all it would get would be rehashed PSP ports, but now that it's getting more unique and innovative games like Loco Roco, the comments are now coming at it from the angle, "well it doesn't use the power of the PSP!"

What you just described is the pure definition of a troll. So if the shoe fits.....

But we really should be talking about Loco Roco.

Ty said:

And now the PSP fans are crawling back to graphics are not important for good games. I guess it makes sense when the most fun games were Nintendo GB emulation on PSP.

NANOTEC said:
And now the PSP fans are crawling back to graphics are not important for good games. I guess it makes sense when the most fun games were Nintendo GB emulation on PSP.

Okay so having both heavy 3D graphics (Syphon Filter) and non heavy 3D graphics (Loco Roco) is a bad thing now?

Just stop it NANOTEC. Stop trolling.

mckmas8808 said:
Okay so having both heavy 3D graphics (Syphon Filter) and non heavy 3D graphics (Loco Roco) is a bad thing now?

I'm not trolling and you should refrain from calling others trolls. I'm just responding to irrational PSP fans who can't accept the truth. Loco Roco looks to be a great game, unfortunately it's likely to be the exception instead of the rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
NANOTEC said:
I'm not trolling and you should refrain from calling others trolls. I'm just responding to irrational PSP fans who can't accept the truth. Loco Roco looks to be a great game, unfortunately it's likely to be the exception instead of the rule.

What is this exception that you speak of? You don't think the PSP has great games or something? I don't really understand what you are trying to get at. :/

NANOTEC said:

No one said that for a game to be good, it HAD to have good graphics.

Good graphics CAN help to make a game good however. There is a subtle but key difference in the logic.

another OT, sorry

Phil said:

i though the same about mercury until i spent 30 min with it. that game is an example of how mobile games should not be made. despite all its visual prowess, and fun play concept, of the ~30min with the game ~10 i spent watching loading screens. yet i haven't tried the game in 'backup' mode (i.e. as iso from the stick) - it may actually be playable that way *shrug*

darkblu said:
i though the same about mercury until i spent 30 min with it. that game is an example of how mobile games should not be made. despite all its visual prowess, and fun play concept, of the ~30min with the game ~10 i spent watching loading screens. yet i haven't tried the game in 'backup' mode (i.e. as iso from the stick) - it may actually be playable that way *shrug*

What a shame, Mercury is by far the most interesting game to me on PSP: I loved Marble Madness on the Amiga and was hoping to find a worthy similar game in Mercury for PSP. If it's just the load screens, I may be able to live with it I guess... Thanks for sharing. Haven't got a PSP yet and haven't played Mercury either.

Ty said:

Exactly... which is in itself quite amusing and entertaining since even on the established consoles such as PS2, some of the very best sellers or "best games" are hardly the games using the hardware the most efficient way. I guess that's just the way most things are in reality; Development teams (and their publishers) have limited budgets and rarely find ways to put both innovation and graphics in it at the same time. Or at least most of the time, their effort is directed at one at a time and not both...

Back