Le Parkour

ninzel

Veteran
This is a skill point within Resistance in the Thames level. You have to beat the Battlefields and rooftop level in 5 minutes or less. I'm having a hard time with this one. I have almost everything else done and am working on Hard difficulty.
Any tips on beating this? I'm using backlash grenades on the Stalker and the rocket launcher on the spider monster. Then running as fast as possible to the end but never make it. :devilish:

This is a skill point within Resistance in the Thames level. You have to beat the Battlefields and rooftop level in 5 minutes or less. I'm having a hard time with this one. I have almost everything else done and am working on Hard difficulty.
Any tips on beating this? I'm using backlash grenades on the Stalker and the rocket launcher on the spider monster. Then running as fast as possible to the end but never make it. :devilish:

Are you using the tertiary fire on the rocket (it breaks into many small rockets) on the spider?

No I haven't I will get that a shot. I thought secondary fire just allowed you to hold it in place or something.

Secondary lets you aim it, then the tertiary breaks it up into a bunch of mini rockets. I read about it online, I forgot how to do it though.

Secondary lets you aim it, then the tertiary breaks it up into a bunch of mini rockets. I read about it online, I forgot how to do it though.

I had no idea there was a third fire. The splitter has the ability to do something like that,but I never noticed that on the rocket launcher.

Go into the menu => documents => weapons. Though I haven't exactly heard about that kind of tertiary fire either, there's a snippet in there about holding down R1 to make the missile seek. And sure enough, the widowmaker I fought in Angel's Lair fell after just two hits, on hard mode no less, when I tried doing that, even though I didn't notice any visual difference. I could never kill any widowmaker without blowing all four missiles I could carry and then throwing some other ammo after that, so I suppose it did something.

Oh and as for the rooftops, I've already tried that but without success -- while playing the campaign on hard mode, I just couldn't do it quickly enough. The Auger guys were sapping too much health off of me, but take too long to kill.

But anyway, you can just rush the first Chimera, head up the stairs and then just hop across, ignoring everything. If something's in your way, use the melee attack.
Drop down, run away from the Auger guys, blast the arc charger guy and his two standard Chimera friends with the arc charger's alternate fire (seeks targets and hurts all three of them at once). Run onward switching to the shotgun, let the leapers and the big grey guy have that (a close-up shotgun blast stuns the thing). The rooftop is where I lost patience, but I suppose if you have a rocket or two, or a clip worth of Hailstorm secondary fire, that would be a nice place to use them, otherwise a slowmo-sniper-headshot for the final Auger guy would be recommended. Then throw a couple of 'nades forward while you cross the plank and you should make it.
At least two basic Chimera soldiers, a bunch of leapers and two Auger meanies would still be alive while you race to the subway station. Basically everything that spawns on the first roof, in the alley behind that, and anything that is stunned for long enough to just run past.

I'll try it on easy mode, and if the strategy needs fixing I'll send a memo ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Intrigued by your question, I finished the entire Thames level under 4 minutes 40 seconds (including load times etc) on normal difficulty. It didn't give me the point though.
Maybe it was because Location Select or I let a couple of hybrids live, don't know.
Have you ever got any skill points from Location Select?

Anyway here is how I couldn't get the point but still had a good parkour :
Sniped three hybrids, used backslash grenade and auger for Stalkers, RPGed spider.
For rooftop running, used flame thrower and a couple of grenades until the dead X-Ray guy than switched bullseye and RPGed the last bunch of Chimera around the metro.

On hard or superhuman it is hopeless for me, especially the rooftop as running all the way without taking cover is almost impossible.

Edit: I think RFOM break on superhuman is better than coffee for staying awake. I tried that level again, did slightly better and got the points. I am surprised it really said 5 minutes in the description. Around 4 minutes definitely works though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing all my skill points using location select. Reason obviously is certain ones require me to try over and over like the "take no damage from mines" and others.
The flame thrower,nades and shotgun seem to be my best best on the rooptops.

I'm also going to try that missle seek on the spider,he's taking too long to kill. The Stalkers are easy as pie now with Backlash and a barrage of Carbine or Bullseye.

I have 3 more skill points to go.
Mechanical Thumbs which I'm working on now.
Le Parkour and Collect all intelligence.
Hard really isn't that bad once you get past the opening stage and can regenerate. The enemies are just a little bit tougher,smarter and more aggressive but the game never get's cheap yet. There is always plenty of weapons,cover and ammo. If you die it's because you brought it on yourself.I haven't tried Super Human yet.

Hard really isn't that bad once you get past the opening stage and can regenerate. The enemies are just a little bit tougher,smarter and more aggressive but the game never get's cheap yet. There is always plenty of weapons,cover and ammo. If you die it's because you brought it on yourself.I haven't tried Super Human yet.

Hard overall is not really hard when you play it after normal. You know the levels, you have backslash (by far the best grenade ever) and reapers etc. While the enemies were significantly tougher only hybrids made a difference for me. For example auger guys with sniper rifle, stalkers with auger become really easy. Hybrids on the other hand are too many to waste valuable ammo. They start shooting not only better but also smarter (firing at where you are going instead of where you stand, etc). And they don't break cover often so hybrid intense levels can be more time consuming. But interestingly blue bullseye hybrids at the end weren't significantly harder than normal difficulty, so finishing the last level was much easier for me.

I feel the same on superhuman for now (post infection of course).

Back