LCD Monitors

Cryect said:
Ick, that 18" monitor has an awful view angles. Good contrast ratio though.

I think that Hyundai rates their LCD's a little more conservative maybe or somethin because i've seen quite a few posters with this LCD and they said the viewing angles were pretty good. It also uses the same Samsung 8ms panel thats used on the new Samsung 913N but Samsung rates their panel at 160/160.

I dont see how they could have such a difference in viewing angles if they are both the same panel.

This is definitely the best 19" gaming LCD out there no question about it though.

burningrave101 said:
Cryect said:
Ick, that 18" monitor has an awful view angles. Good contrast ratio though.

I think that Hyundai rates their LCD's a little more conservative maybe or somethin because i've seen quite a few posters with this LCD and they said the viewing angles were pretty good. It also uses the same Samsung 8ms panel thats used on the new Samsung 913N but Samsung rates their panel at 160/160.

I dont see how they could have such a difference in viewing angles if they are both the same panel.

This is definitely the best 19" gaming LCD out there no question about it though.

It's definetely poor when looking at it from above or below, but it's fine from the sides.

Bjorn said:
I just bought a Hyundai LD90D+ (19"). Very impressed so far. I'd take it anyday over my old Viewsonic P225f 21" CRT. Supposed to have no ghosting at all (8ms) but i haven't had time to try any games on it yet.

Hi Bjorn... What are your impressions after some use? I'm thinking about getting the Samsung 913N (same panel) but are a bit concerned about color fidelity and 6-bit color dittering?

BTW: Here is a review of the LD90D+ by a user: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=364128

LeStoffer said:
Bjorn said:
I just bought a Hyundai LD90D+ (19"). Very impressed so far. I'd take it anyday over my old Viewsonic P225f 21" CRT. Supposed to have no ghosting at all (8ms) but i haven't had time to try any games on it yet.

Hi Bjorn... What are your impressions after some use? I'm thinking about getting the Samsung 913N (same panel) but are a bit concerned about color fidelity and 6-bit color dittering?

BTW: Here is a review of the LD90D+ by a user: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=364128

I haven't noticed any problems with the color on my ld90d+.

I've been using the Dell 1905 now for a couple hours, and it's an awesome monitor. Things to like:

VERY bright.
Nice colors
No dead pixels that I can see (all "dead" pixels have been specks of dust...)
NO POWER BRICK! :D Yay!
USB hub built right in (4 ports; 2 on back, 2 on left side)

Viewing angle is very nice, at least from the sides, though I don't know what that matters really as one will be watching it from head-on anyway pretty close to 100% of the time anyway.

I haven't gamed on it yet, but I have run fast-moving graphics, and there is no visible blur, really. If there is, it's so slight that I can't notice it.

Finally, very nice design too. Stylish, very thin bezel around the screen makes it look compact despite the large 19" screen.

Back