LCD Monitors

Scott_Arm

Legend
I'm looking to get an LCD monitor. I was thinking of the Samsung 710T, because the reviews seem to be pretty posititve. Anyone have suggestions for a 17" LCD in the same price range?

hey this is my first post. but yo the 710t is a dope panel but let me show you some others like the new VP171B-2 8ms panel only 369$ shipped at Newegg but an even better deal is this hyundia 19inch 8ms panel for 379 free shipping form what I have read it uses the samsung panel and is the fastest panel on the market and its cheaper than the 710t.

they bloth are DVI and bolth have portrait mode.

I have the VP171B-2 and I like it but I would have got the hyundia if my panties werent all in a bunch.

Hyundia 8ms 19inch the best deal in monitors
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=24-179-014&depa=1

Viewsonic 8ms 17inch second best deal as I see it
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=24-116-347&depa=1

I know you said 17inch panels but that 19 is were its at

I'm sure you ment 19, but yeah its not the greatest viewing angle but response time the contrast ratio and the price I think outway that but for some it may not. note thou all 8ms samsung and aU panels will be of similar viewable angle

I just bought a Hyundai LD90D+ (19"). Very impressed so far. I'd take it anyday over my old Viewsonic P225f 21" CRT. Supposed to have no ghosting at all (8ms) but i haven't had time to try any games on it yet.

Bjorn said:
I just bought a Hyundai LD90D+ (19"). Very impressed so far. I'd take it anyday over my old Viewsonic P225f 21" CRT. Supposed to have no ghosting at all (8ms) but i haven't had time to try any games on it yet.

Um well do so :p

Does anyone know a good online Canadian dealer that carries the L90D+? Is the L70D+ any good? Money is an issue for me. Also, any sites with reviews for these LCDs?

Sxotty said:
Bjorn said:

and can you go into the viewing angles a little bit too...

do I smell a Bjorn3D review :D

Druga Runda said:
Sxotty said:
Bjorn said:

and can you go into the viewing angles a little bit too...

do I smell a Bjorn3D review :D

I'd really appreciate one. I can't find anything information about these monitors other than the information on their website. It may not matter, after all, because I can't find a single Canadian dealer that carries them. Right now the Samsung 710T is my top choice.

The review I read had nothing but good things to say about it and since they have pretty much all of the top panels in that review I put alot of creadence in what they found

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?h...q=ImageQuest+L90D%2B+&start=20&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

ok I know thats huge and I don't if its wrong to link it like that but its a french review site and I linked the translated version

these frenchies really do know how to get a hold of a bunch of new panels to do a good review. Toms can't even come close.

hope you find what your looking for.

Philips 17" LCD 170S5FB - 16ms Analogue Brightness 250 cd/m2

IIyama 17" ProLite E431S-B - 16ms DVI 24bit Brightness 250 cd/m2

Iiyama Pro Lite E435S-S - 10ms DVI 18bit Brightness 350 cd/m2

Which one is the best one for desktop work and occassional gaming in your opinion?

They all cost about the same amount from Komplett.

CRTs have no flicker either if you run 'em at a proper refresh rate, and they don't become blurry either if run at something other than its native resolution.

I just got the Hyundai L90D+, it's nice, but too bright. Main difference that I notice is I have about 1.5 ft^2 empty deskspace now. Well, not quite empty, I stopped using the slide out thing I have under my desk and just put my mouse and keyboard on the desk.

Tahir said:
Cheers Guden, so if you or anyone else in the know were to buy one of these which one would it be?

You have to decide for yourself what your priorities are. 18-bit LCDs can't display as many shades as 24-bit units so gradients will be less smooth. Some are very annoyed by this and others may not even notice it at all, depends on what kind of person one is I guess. :)

I'd get the 24-bit panel myself however, it's worth it in my book, and the response time is still very good.

Got the E431S after careful consideration and it is spanktastic... finding a DVI-D lead was not fun though since it doesnt come with one. Difference between Analogue and DVI is pretty remarkable.

Back