LAIR Thread - * Rules: post #469

Status
Not open for further replies.
total cost for me is something like 428,- dkr (including shipping and 25% danish vat)

These two games in the shops would be somwhere between 1000,- and 1100,- dkr

That is $78 vs $200

wow

good deal and a smart move IMO... thanks guys for the currency info

If it were US, I'd grab one to play on my buddy's PS3. :smile:

What you have to type in google to get currency conversion is, for example:
Type in exactly what I wrote into Google, and it gives the currency conversion. No list of search results. Only a single conversion figure. More convenient than xe.com as everyone has Google in their favourites, and even moreso when you have Google as your default search engine!

Other than that public service announcement on behalf of Google, 2:1 is the current rate. Which makes these games moderately cheap to normal US prices, but makes everything else way more expensive!

Type in exactly what I wrote into Google, and it gives the currency conversion. No list of search results. Only a single conversion figure. More convenient than xe.com as everyone has Google in their favourites, and even moreso when you have Google as your default search engine!

Other than that public service announcement on behalf of Google, 2:1 is the current rate. Which makes these games moderately cheap to normal US prices, but makes everything else way more expensive!

okay

I use google toolbar and it gives a list... going directly to google and entering your text gives me the desired (and predicted ;)) result

thanks and sorry for the TJ

Both have gone up to normal price now.

Glad I took the plunge last night rather than sleeping on it.

Lets see if they are true to their word and don't try and bump up the price on peoples orders.

Both have gone up to normal price now.

Glad I took the plunge last night rather than sleeping on it.

Lets see if they are true to their word and don't try and bump up the price on peoples orders.

I'd still buy it for normal price after I'd played through HS. But it's great they've gone up to normal price, because it means I can make a healthy profit :LOL:

Plus they have to keep their word for me, as I have an email of them making a promise to sell it to me at that price! :)

I have checked my order and it still says 14.95 each.

It would be interesting to know if it was a promotion or a mistake.

I too sent them an email today after I saw the prices had risen to normal level.

Amazon said:
We checked our website and found that the price of the
items "Folklore (PS3)" and "Lair (PS3)" had been increased to 34.99
GBP.

Eventhough the price was increased, we will charge only 12.72 GBP
for each item. We will honour the amount which you have seen while
placing an order.

:)

Well Amazon would say otherwise

Source: Amazon website

What we do about mispricings

Despite our best efforts, a small number of the more than 1.5 million items in our catalogue are mispriced. Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures.

If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the item.

If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will cancel your order and notify you of that cancellation.

They have just cancelled most peoples orders so far as i have seen on other forums, even those who got the E-mail, we will honour the prices...

Well Amazon would say otherwise

They have just cancelled most peoples orders so far as i have seen on other forums, even those who got the E-mail, we will honour the prices...

Oh crap! Just recieved the email where they said excactly what you said and referred to their "Pricing and Availability Policy". . . :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back