LAIR Thread - * Rules: post #469

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this from a new build to what we've seen before? 'Coz if it is, it hasn't progressed much. And it's the same dark bridge we saw before. I think this game is set to be one of the biggest disappointments in PS3's library, after the awesomeness we were shown before and game demos.

They were released on the 9th of January though. Can you link to proof that they're from an old build (not that I disbelieve you, but we need corroborating facts.)

They look like they have been blown-up to me as they seem to blurry to be 720p, and what happened to 1080p :???: Still it's showing a nice improvement :)

hmmm...I don't know. I think HS packs a bit more detail in its environment than what that pic shows for Lair. I hope those get better!
What are you talking about? The large environments in HS (what's been shown so far at least) look completely bland and empty compared to this.

What are you talking about? The large environments in HS (what's been shown so far at least) look completely bland and empty compared to this.
Completely bland compared to Lair would be flat grey! Lair is hardly the epitome of detailed scenery in what we've seen. Furthermore, a Google image search doesn't throw up any large environments for HS to compare, so it's not a topic that can be readily hit upon - comparing old screenshots to a hardly shown game.

Doesn't it seem like the LOD system has been worked so that the tails are not straight segmants anymore?

The ground's bumps don't look so odd anymore either.

Completely bland compared to Lair would be flat grey! Lair is hardly the epitome of detailed scenery in what we've seen. Furthermore, a Google image search doesn't throw up any large environments for HS to compare, so it's not a topic that can be readily hit upon - comparing old screenshots to a hardly shown game.
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/700/700186/img_3934875.html
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/735/735513/heavenly-sword-20060926023411486.jpg

Didn't think to check IGN :oops:
Still, I can't say I see your point. These pics show an open desert view with some nice enough background scenery and otherwise little of interest, and Lair shows a mostly open sea view+hills with little of interest. Apart from a high quality bumpy floor in Lair versus a flat ground in HS, I don't see Lair as being richly interesting. Both are bland in these screens, only HS a little moreso. And HS has vastly superior pyrotechniques. Neither is packing detail in the large-scale environments, based on what's been seen.

That first shot reminds me of that scene in 3D Mark 2001 SE (graphics +10000 of course ;))

I can all but gurantee that Warhawk will be a very similar but significantly better game...

But I may buy Lair in it's stead as a show-off game. Because I am an aweful human being. =(

Need more color and contrast (How come no colorful dragons from FF ? :p ). Other than that, I hope they focus on the gameplay, controls and camera first before addressing all these complains about graphics. I mean Genji looks good and all, but falls flat in gaming. I don't want a game like that.

The subject matter is still fresh. I also think they should release video rather than screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back