Kinect price confirmed 150USD plus arcade model priced

I'm definitely going to need to figure something out as I swap my 65" DLP for a front-projection system. All of my entertainment stuff is going to be moved around and I have no clue where I might put Kinect. I don't think I am going to cancel my pre-orders but I might just have to give Kinect to my son at least until I figure this out. I think I have a plan for my Wii sensor bar...I think.

You should definitely try hard to figure it out. I'm not a big fan of Kinect at all myself, but imagine being able to have a setup where you are as big as your avatar, basically. You'd interact with the game with life-size rafts and waterfalls.

You should definitely try hard to figure it out. I'm not a big fan of Kinect at all myself, but imagine being able to have a setup where you are as big as your avatar, basically. You'd interact with the game with life-size rafts and waterfalls.

Believe me, I'm trying. I don't know about life-size but our current choices are 106" or 120" electric screens so it should at least be immersive. The TV w/ entertainment center does give us many more options than does front-projection but we are attempting to reclaim some floor space. Maybe bkillian could be so kind as to shoot an email to Games and see what some of those people have in mind? (hint)

Believe me, I'm trying. I don't know about life-size but our current choices are 106" or 120" electric screens so it should at least be immersive. The TV w/ entertainment center does give us many more options than does front-projection but we are attempting to reclaim some floor space. Maybe bkillian could be so kind as to shoot an email to Games and see what some of those people have in mind? (hint)

Put it behind the screen and poke 3 holes in the screen for the camera's and emitter to "see" through. ;)

Regards,
SB

Put it behind the screen and poke 3 holes in the screen for the camera's and emitter to "see" through. ;)

Regards,
SB

Though I get the jest, I have actually looked at the acoustic perforated screens since I now have to also figure out my center channel (or soundbar - don't want to argue- or L/C/R) but most people can still detect the "holes" from about six feet back while my closest seated person would be about 8-9ft away I'm thinking the size of the hole for Kinect to be imperceptible to the eye would WELL exceed my 15-16ft maximum distance :LOL:

Kinect Beta units get delivered & spied...

500x_100_0757-1000.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5625573/first-look-at-the-beta-kinect-camera-in-the-wild

Tommy McClain

A MS Kinect unit was spied in the latest episode of Entourage, as Turtle was running in place and jumping for a hurdle event in the track and field game.

Any information on how the Kinect works in dark or dimly lit rooms?
I mean actual tests.
For example if you have a front projector in dark room, does Kinect still work just as well as in well lit room?

Any information on how the Kinect works in dark or dimly lit rooms?
I mean actual tests.
For example if you have a front projector in dark room, does Kinect still work just as well as in well lit room?
Dark room shouldn't be a problem for the 3d or skeletal tracking. Facial recognition and other things that use the RGB camera could be adversely effected.

I never make it into these betas; there are definitely some things that I wanted to test out or recommend if not already in, primarily focused around parental controls.

Maybe I spend too much on the platform and get branded as "hard-core".

Same here. Thought all my feedback on Microsoft Connect during NXE betas and XNA Creator's Club would have helped me get into the Kinect beta program. But alas it wasn't meant to be.

I think must of my questions like parental controls, family pack, friends & customization will be answered when they make the new, new NXE dashboard beta available to the public later this fall.

Tommy McClain

I never make it into these betas; there are definitely some things that I wanted to test out or recommend if not already in, primarily focused around parental controls.

Maybe I spend too much on the platform and get branded as "hard-core".
What recommendations do you have for parental controls?

What recommendations do you have for parental controls?

I would definitely listen to & consider every recommendation or suggestion he gives you. He has extensive & every day use of those features. I myself don't have much to add since I don't use it extensively since my son is old enough now that I don't worry about it. I'm just intrigued about the new Family Pack features.

Tommy McClain

Back