Kane & Lynch 360 demo at Leipzig

Ok sorry i did search utube and came up with nothing which is why i posted it. The roof top stuff from the original ( non recompressed) video looks quite stunning, as does the club. The whole club scene really reminds me of 'Colateral'

2 pages IGN Preview here

The nightclub also showed how the crowd system from Hitman: Blood Money has been expanded. For starters, there are a lot more people on screen. But they will also act more like a crowd. People won't just step out of your way, so you'll have to shove your way through and turn sideways to snake into openings. Another cool feature is that enemies will hide in the crowd, and you can hide from them in the same way.

Tokyo was built to scale with the help of Google Maps
1gm3.jpg

Years of working on the limited memory of PS2 has taught them how to optimize their code and where to spend energy.

See PS2 being a pain in the arse to program for was'nt such a bad thing now was it? Just imagine what the "experienced" PS2 developers will be pulling off in a few years ;)

See PS2 being a pain in the arse to program for was'nt such a bad thing now was it? Just imagine what the "experienced" PS2 developers will be pulling off in a few years ;)

Most people, when they grow old they become fat. I'm a good example...When you give programmer more power and space, they become lazy.

I'm not that impressed to be honest, the crowd is very unrealistic, they still have lots of parts where the guy is doing a full walk cycle into the back of someone else, the rapel stuff was ok, but any better than Rainbox 6? Can't really tell from that video.

Not sure what all the fuss is about...

EA rings a bell, sheeesh they never even tried to tap out Xbox, and I don't think they will with 360 & PS3

Thats interesting..

Especially since Fight Night Roud 3 and the NBA games for the Xbox360 are just about the most beautiful games (in terms of visual fidelity and attention to detail both in the realm of eye candy and physics/animation) that have been released to retail to date..

I'm not really a fan of EA myself but I can't help but wonder if at least *some* of their internal studios are starting to put alot of effort into squeezing the juice out of the next gen platforms..

On the other hand others don't seem to be.. I've seen some american football game for the Xbox360 and it didn't score any points with me in terms of look & feel..

I'm not that impressed to be honest, the crowd is very unrealistic, they still have lots of parts where the guy is doing a full walk cycle into the back of someone else, the rapel stuff was ok, but any better than Rainbox 6? Can't really tell from that video.

Huh????

That's a bit harsh!

Please give an example where you've seen a crowd in a game done better because I haven't!!

In fact I haven't seen many crowds attempted at all so at least they tried (and did a bloody good job IMHO)..

I've found everything about this demo extremely impressive, from character detail through sense of scale to lighting... The only thing lacking is the set dressing, there could be more little objects lying around. But it is very, very cool IMHO, although it might not appeal to all as it isn't as flashy as the US3 games.

It's very early leaked footage. They probably are going to add a lot more details to the crowd (there's like three different people). Looks like it may be very interesting.

I've found everything about this demo extremely impressive, from character detail through sense of scale to lighting... The only thing lacking is the set dressing, there could be more little objects lying around. But it is very, very cool IMHO, although it might not appeal to all as it isn't as flashy as the US3 games.

Laa-Yosh, could you do your usual analysis please ? :p
Specifically what is difficult and impressive ? What are the challenges ?
All I know is it's good but I can't articulate them as well as you.

Huh????

That's a bit harsh!

Please give an example where you've seen a crowd in a game done better because I haven't!!

In fact I haven't seen many crowds attempted at all so at least they tried (and did a bloody good job IMHO)..

I haven't played it or even seen it in action, but as described by Game Informer the crowd system in Assassin's Creed sounds heads and shoulders above this.

Back