jupiter engine 10K

well it's a definate no-no to sell a mod. and im not expecting to make a ton of dough, but if i put out something with some depth and soul to it by myself, i want the opportunity for appreciative folks to be able to express themselves!

with a mod, the most you might get is an offer from a game company for a job, which im definately NOT interested in. every 'product' i make from now on, will be under my own sails. in full ownership of my intellectual property.

if i do things from scratch with a dev license, i have full control, and full exposure to that experience. i have no ambition to be a modder. the 'seedling' is fully my own.

not that money is my goal either. i want the experience mostly. but having that carrot sweetens the deal. it's an american thing.

heh I mentioned it earlier on, but I guess at the time it wasn't yet clear that the source will be released.

If it is free, this is a proper and relatively new game engine. I don't think there is a reason to try anything else ;)

You can also sell it as a commericial product under the GPL, but you have to include the sourcecode in the shipping product.

Back