Intel's smartphone platforms

Pardon me if I'm missing something because I can't view the video, but unless it says otherwise why does this have to be Atom at all? There are Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge tablets. There's no quad core Atom available, period, and I doubt this guy has a preview tablet for a platform not coming out until the end of the year.

The link is working fine for me, but the user name on youtube is "mobimodder". All the link says is "Android for Intel build rabbit rom rooted", so you could definitely be right about an existing tablet. The Antutu score is ~ 46k.

Sorry, I didn't mean the link doesn't work for me, just that I can't currently properly view the video because I'm at a computer w/o speakers (I checked it out somewhat but there was no text).

Pardon me if I'm missing something because I can't view the video, but unless it says otherwise why does this have to be Atom at all? There are Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge tablets. There's no quad core Atom available, period, and I doubt this guy has a preview tablet for a platform not coming out until the end of the year.

Bay Trail is rumoured to be quad-core, no HT, perhaps this is a reference device. The I/O scores of 926 is consistent with a high-end smartphone (HTC One 900~) suggesting the use of eMMC, surely an i5 tablet would use an SSD and score much higher in the I/O part of the test, just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bay Trail is rumoured to be quad-core, no HT, perhaps this is a reference device. The I/O scores of 926 is consistent with a high-end smartphone (HTC One 900~) suggesting the use of eMMC, surely an i5 tablet would use an SSD and score much higher in the I/O part of the test, just my 2 cents.

Yes.. and it's not going to be out until the end of this year. Not so sure about an i5 tablet necessarily using a fast SSD.

Yes.. and it's not going to be out until the end of this year. Not so sure about an i5 tablet necessarily using a fast SSD.

All i3/i5/i7 based tablets thus far have used SSDs, AFAIK. Only the Atom based tablets use EMMC. And those should be moving to SSD for the next generation as well.

Regards,
SB

I don't know why the I/O score is what it is but there's no way that a CloverTrail or CT+ for that matter can score anywhere close to this high. It's not possible. This CPU score is like 4 times higher than what's been leaked for CT+.

On his other videos, it even mentions Android Tablet PC, so this is most likely some X86 Intel / AMD tablet, I wonder if the lowish I/O score is because they may have booted from a USB drive.

Redhookbay, which everyone though was Merrifield, but turned out to Clovertrail + (Uses SGX MP GPU) scored 31,000 in Antutu @ 2.0 GHz

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage...marks-with-Android-4-2-1-Dual-Core-CPU-2.png/

Redhookbay, which everyone though was Merrifield, but turned out to Clovertrail + (Uses SGX MP GPU) scored 31,000 in Antutu @ 2.0 GHz

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage...marks-with-Android-4-2-1-Dual-Core-CPU-2.png/

Although there wasn't a score breakdown provided, you can extrapolate results based on other scores provided for CT+ @ 1.5GHz. The CPU portion is still going to be very, very different (probably at least 3x higher for this tablet).

I'm not sure if you're implying that it couldn't have been Merrifield because it used an IMG GPU instead of Intel (not that there's any question that it's CT+), because if you are no one ever said Merrifield is using Gen, it's only been specified for Bay Trail.

Although there wasn't a score breakdown provided, you can extrapolate results based on other scores provided for CT+ @ 1.5GHz. The CPU portion is still going to be very, very different (probably at least 3x higher for this tablet).

I'm not sure if you're implying that it couldn't have been Merrifield because it used an IMG GPU instead of Intel (not that there's any question that it's CT+), because if you are no one ever said Merrifield is using Gen, it's only been specified for Bay Trail.

The Z2580 in Lenovo's K900 scored 9500, for the combined CPU score, that tablet which is probably using a 2 core + HT i3 / i5 scored 20979. Pure speculation, but If Intel can offer anywhere near i3 performance with Bay Trail, the mobile race will turn very interesting.

I only mentioned the SGX GPU (Series 5), as I would have been surprised that Intel would launch a next-gen SoC, scheduled for late 13 / 14 with an old-school GPU, and not a Rogue or Intel Gen part.

The Z2580 in Lenovo's K900 scored 9500, for the combined CPU score, that tablet which is probably using a 2 core + HT i3 / i5 scored 29979, as you said 3x time higher. Pure speculation, but If Intel can offer anywhere near i3 performance with Bay Trail, the mobile race will turn very interesting.

I only mentioned the SGX GPU (Series 5), as I would have been surprised that Intel would launch a next-gen SoC, scheduled for late 13 / 14 with an old-school GPU, and not a Rogue or Intel Gen part.

Are you sure? I'm seeing 20979.

The final score is a simple adding of all the scores. It wouldn't make sense if the CPU is getting 29k.

20979+9705+14645+926=46255

People, it's too obvious that the Antutu score is from a ULV Core iX. The video was made in the same day that Intel launched Android 4.2.1 with support for Sandy/Ivybridge, and there's even a self-installer for the Samsung XE700 (which has an 11" screen, kinda like this one)

Yeah, I think you are right. The Antutu score appears to be from a Samsung tablet using an Intel Core i5-2467M ULV Sandy Bridge processor.

Are you sure? I'm seeing 20979.

The final score is a simple adding of all the scores. It wouldn't make sense if the CPU is getting 29k.

20979+9705+14645+926=46255

Yes I misread the figure, it's 20979, I blame the shakey hand cam;) Which puts Clovertrail + in an even better light, for such an old uArch, it has been well polished.

The AnTuTu scores I saw for CT+ gave it ~5000 CPU points at 1.5GHz. Getting 9500 at 2GHz shouldn't be possible. But who knows, all indications are that this is a pretty awful benchmark (not that there's that much better for mobile)

Yeah, I think you are right. The Antutu score appears to be from a Samsung tablet using an Intel Core i5-2467M ULV Sandy Bridge processor.

The Samsung XE700, which is the Series 7 Slate. That makes the most sense, as its the same thing that was given by Microsoft for Windows 8.

Another proof is that the score is a bit low, even for Sandy Bridge ULV i5. The XE700 throttles when in battery for both CPU and GPU. The other i5 2467M devices perform about 20% better in CPU and 20-40% in GPU.

The AnTuTu scores I saw for CT+ gave it ~5000 CPU points at 1.5GHz. Getting 9500 at 2GHz shouldn't be possible. But who knows, all indications are that this is a pretty awful benchmark (not that there's that much better for mobile)

I found a video of the z2580 in a Lenovo K900 scoring 8896 CPU points, the actual phone was low on battery, which may have hindered the result. I've been told that the firmware is not final, so results could improve further.

From 2.23 for the result.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fbm1agvXzI

Feels like the scores are all over the place, not that they aren't for other platforms too. Along with AnTuTu asking people not to "cheat" the benchmark I wonder what's really up with it.

Back