Intel's smartphone platforms

I've run Vellamo and my phones CPU score is neck and neck woth the quad core A9's and not far behind the dual core kraits.

Rememeber this is effectivly a single core CPU

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358933127339.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358933127339.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358933143249.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358933143249.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 40
Yea that is very impressive..bit its dual threaded so counts as dual core right?

Anyway I cant wait for lenove k900 results.....that thins is going to be a beast!!

Rememeber this is effectivly a single core CPU
This is a single core with HT. Also not all of Vellamo is multi-threaded, plus part of Vellamo relies on the OS and its browser.

You will alas have a hard time finding a good CPU benchmark. The closest thing probably is Geekbench :(
RAZR M vs Xolo X900 Look at single threaded results if you wish and see how the 1.6 GHz Atom is beaten in almost every test by the 1.5 GHz S4.

This is a single core with HT. Also not all of Vellamo is multi-threaded, plus part of Vellamo relies on the OS and its browser.

You will alas have a hard time finding a good CPU benchmark. The closest thing probably is Geekbench :(
RAZR M vs Xolo X900 Look at single threaded results if you wish and see how the 1.6 GHz Atom is beaten in almost every test by the 1.5 GHz S4.

Single core performance is hit and miss, its wins some areas and loses in others.

Multithread is different as it's 2 logical cores vs 1 with HT.

Isn't the Atom much better in regards to power consumption too?

Another thing. Intel expects to show (and maybe release) it's first 4G phones at MWC in February next year. That doesn't seem like a smart move to me, though maybe not too critical. There are still many countries without LTE, like here in the Netherlands for example.

Intel just announced they are interested to have WP8 running on their chips (by posting a job offer on LinkedIn) and MS didn't say anything about WP8 on x86. Did I miss something? Or that phone won't be available for months?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6790/...ualcore-cpu-and-graphics-unveiled-at-mwc-2013

Clover Trail+ analysis. Anand is claiming that the SGX544 offers 2x triangle setup performance over the SGX543. I thought the SGX544 only offered feature differences necessary for DX9L3 support rather than offering a direct performance difference. He also says the SGX544 offers DX10 class texturing hardware, which I presume means above what D9L3 mandates.

Apple A5X is SGX543MP4@250MHz while Z2580 SGX544MP2@533MHz; unless I'm missing something geometry performance should be only slightly in favour of the latter due to the higher frequency.

Apple A5X is SGX543MP4@250MHz while Z2580 SGX544MP2@533MHz; unless I'm missing something geometry performance should be only slightly in favour of the latter due to the higher frequency.
I thought he was talking inherent architectural difference between SGX543 and SGX544, but specific implementation difference in regards to clock speed makes more sense.

I thought he was talking inherent architectural difference between SGX543 and SGX544, but specific implementation difference in regards to clock speed makes more sense.

Yes but the difference is nowhere near a factor of 2; according to IMG's own marketing stuff:

SGX543/544/554 = 35M Tris/s @200MHz
95% geometry scaling with MPs

SGX543MP4@250MHz = 166M Tris/s
SGX544MP2@533MHz = 177M Tris/s

That's a rough 7% increase in geometry performance.

Not a smartphone platform: http://newsroom.intel.com/community...ed-for-simple-video-transcoding-and-streaming but does anyone have a clue what it contains? I'm always losing track with Intel's codenames, but the CE5300 should be codenamed Berryville I think....

In terms of graphics its SGX545@400Mhz.

According to the following there are several variations of the chip

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-Berryville-Atom-CE-Chips-Exposed-ARM-Beware-250868.shtml

Pardon me if I'm missing something because I can't view the video, but unless it says otherwise why does this have to be Atom at all? There are Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge tablets. There's no quad core Atom available, period, and I doubt this guy has a preview tablet for a platform not coming out until the end of the year.

Back