INQ:Area 51 secrets unveiled by Google

You could see all this already in worldwind...Anyway it wasn't really that exciting to me expecially since there are much better pictures of area 51 elsewhere on the web.

Yeah, I've seen better pictures from satellites too (the French and Russian ones, even seen reconstructed 3D fly-throughs), it was more the contrast between the satellite photography and mapping that tickled me, plus the Google maps is pretty cool as a web-based app.

It's fun to look around though. The satellite photography is post-9/11 I think (there's a big hole in the ground there). Some of the viewing angles do my head in, low-level aerial photography is so much better if you can get it (which you can for the lil' tiddly countries like lil' ole' Brittin).

Google Maps is nifty. If I were on the roof of my dorm when a picture was taken, you'd be able to see me :O

i am waiting for better resolution pics...so i can look for goodlooking american girls.... among all the fat ones....

mmmm.....maybe its better its stays at current resolution....as long as it doesnt cover europe where girls are girls, not meatballs. :LOL:

Back