incest: how far should the law go?

right / wrong / I don't care

• Absolutely, totally, wrong.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wrong if its with immediate family, aunt/uncle/cousin is okay.

• Incest is Best!

• Total voters
Sage said:
london-boy said:
Is that the REAL name....? :LOL:

well, no, not really, but I know lots of people who would actually like to change it to something along those lines.....

Pheww!! U got me worried there...

Really i've only lately started to discover how Catholic-Fundamentalist some parts of the USA can be... That Clementine program (or whatever it's called) weas a real eye opener... Really, some parts of the USA can give serious competition to the fundamentalism of some....errr... "bombed" countries...

london-boy said:
Pheww!! U got me worried there...

Really i've only lately started to discover how Catholic-Fundamentalist some parts of the USA can be... That Clementine program (or whatever it's called) weas a real eye opener... Really, some parts of the USA can give serious competition to the fundamentalism of some....errr... "bombed" countries...
Catholic Fundies? Bah, bunch of panzies compared to these people.... in all seriousness, The Spanish Inquisition was a great big party compared to some of the things that people around here would like to do

How old should one be to consent?

OK, I'm new to THIS forum but have been active on other forums with similar discussions. I feel very strongly about what is right and what is wrong and for me the issue here is consent and the ability to give consent.

Adults and minors are mentioned in this thread but no description of what constitues being a minor or even when a person is considered an adult. Hence, it all boils down to when can someone give their consent to join in physical activites with another. How old must they be?

Forget using the definition of the "Legal Age of Consent". Visit the website "AgeOfConsent.Com" and you will find that the LEGAL age varies from 12 to 21 depending on the County, City, State or Country you are in and also varies depending on your being male or female.

I know of a specific case where an 8 year old boy was charged with FELONY ADULT SEXUAL ABUSE when he engaged in sodomy with a WILLING 6 year old girl. To be a little more specific, he licked her genitals.

Children experiment. Most times with other children. Is this wrong. What if they are related in some way.

I know of another case where a 13 year old boy was charged with RAPE when he had intercourse with his 11 year old sister. He may have instigated the coupling but I know for a fact that she consented to the union.

Like I said, children experiment. Should these two cases have been actionable by the autorities or should the children have been left to be children and as we all have done, experiment?

Siblings experiment as do other close relatives. Is this wrong if there is consent?

Yes, without consent the action is abuse or even worse, rape. That is not right in my opinion. BUT, if there is consent on the part of all involved then where is the crime?

In an earlier response to this thread, someone stated that child - adult activities were wrong. I dispute that. Even a very young child can consent to physical activities with another, even an adult.

I know of cases of young women as young as 5 seducing their fathers or brothers into a physical union. Now, as adults these women look back with great affection on their incestuous activities that started when they were as young as 5. Were these activities wrong in that all involved gave their consent?

What about the older males? They were seduced. Were they in the wrong? Should they have been arrested?

What do you think?

oh no, I should have known better than to invite Marv here to stir things up... ;)

Re: How old should one be to consent?

JustMarv said:
I know of cases of young women as young as 5 seducing their fathers or brothers into a physical union. Now, as adults these women look back with great affection on their incestuous activities that started when they were as young as 5. Were these activities wrong in that all involved gave their consent?

What about the older males? They were seduced. Were they in the wrong? Should they have been arrested?

What do you think?

Everything is ok except whom is the adult? Can a younger person want to have sexual relations with an older person... sure. Could this relationship be a good thing ... sure. but since this relationship can often NOT be good and the adult should know this where the kid wouldn't. So the adult would/should be the one held accountable.

With that said, did you have a hot mom or sis?

You missed the point ByteMe

ByteMe, I think you missed the point. My comments were aimed at determining who is able to consent.

I believe the "Age of Consent" laws are so arbitrary that they are useless except to prosecute individuals and shall we say, for a prosecuter to put a notch on his belt for "Getting Another One."

Consent in my opinion is the issue and I believe a fairly young person knows what he or she likes and feels good to him or her. Hence my mention of the now adult women, who are now in their mid 30's or older, that reminisce about their incestuous past and the enjoyment both they and their partner have received.

I did not mention that these activities have contunued well into adulthood and survived during the marriage of the women I mentioned. One woman I corresponded with and talked to over the phone was 38, married with two children and was meeting her father on a regular basis. Although they lived a distance apart his job entailed lots of travel and he frequently visited his daughter.

She spoke of him in glowing terms and was excited whenever he visited. She also said her husband was unaware of her relationship with her father and also kept it hidden from her children.

I'm sure there are plenty of other situations where even though the incestuous activities started when one or both of the participants were quite young, they understood what they were doing and those activities continued, whenever possible, well into "adulthood" (whatever that is).

Hence, your statement that "the adult would/should be the one held accountable" is grossly overstated and way off the point.

Ah, Mr. Sage, thanks for the invite. Life is interesting isn't it! ;)

Re: You missed the point ByteMe

JustMarv said:
Ah, Mr. Sage, thanks for the invite. Life is interesting isn't it! ;)
ummm... thats MS Sage, or have you not been paying attention to my post on one of those other forums?

That's the truth!

5 year old or not, that is what I was told in many instances by women who we would consider adults today. Why would they lie?

Ah, MS Sage, sorri!

Yes MS Sage, I have been paying attention and you will note I have made comment on your threads in the other site. I guess I missed the MS part. (or was it that particular absence of a specific part that I missed.......LOL) :devilish:

Some of us wear pants. Some of us wear a skirt. Some of us wear nothing at all and are exposed for all the world to see. Then there are some of us who change back and forth.

Diversity is what makes life interesting.

Life would be very dull if everyone was a 10 and looked like Bo Derrick. Although life as a lesbian might take on a new meaning then. ;)

Re: How old should one be to consent?

I think you had me going till the 5 year old thing.
According to Freud, humans enter a period of ther life where they begin to develope their sexual identity around 10 years old, I think that positive sexual experiences during this time will lead to a very emotionally healthy life. Of course, some people (especially in very uptight cultures, like most of the US) will goe through it later, and sme sooner. I know that it took me nearly 9 more years to develope my sexual identity, but partly thats because I was all doped up on unessesary antidepressents and was incapable of feeling just about anything for about 4 of those, the rest of it I attribute to being in a super-conservative (as far as sexuality goes) home. If I had been allowed to explore my sexuality when I was much younger, I probably would have lived a much more emotionally healthy life the past few years.

Of course, this does not mean that adults should encourage children to explore their sexuality when they are that age, but rather they should leave the door open for the child to explore on his/her own when he/she is ready. I do think that it's very very rare that a child would be ready to enter this phase at the age of 5, but I'm sure that it does happen. And, like I said earlier, an experience during that phase in which the child feels deep love can be very positive and will have the effect of the person seeking out healthy relationships as an adult.

Not too very long ago I befriended (over the internet) a young girl of only 14 years. She wanted me to come to OKC to have sex with her in the back of my car. This was quite a shocker to me because we weren't even that close, emotionally. As we got closer I learned that she had done that sort of thing a lot, and used to actually do it for money. Yup, a 12-year-old (at the time, she was 12) Catholic girl going to a Catholic school, living in a stable, middle-class family home with a loving family, was selling herself. I still don't know how she got into doing that, but it was obviously a VERY negative experience and because of that she would seek out unloving physical relationships with much older men. We became very close friends and I found out that she was planning on running away with three of her friends and they were going to whore themselves for a place to stay. Three 14-year-old runaway girls all alone selling sex. It was very obvious to me that they would, without a doubt, end up either dead or wishing they were. Luckily, right before they were set to leave, I talked some sense into her and the other two wouldn't leave without her. I was able to show her that love could be a positive thing (without being sexually involved with her) and now she is dating a boy her own age. They are having sex, but it is an extension of their relatonship rather than the focus of it. I think she will grow up to lead a very healthy life.

There is another girl about the same age whom I also befriended not too very long ago. She is involved with a boy her own age who is very violent. She dumped him once because he beat her up, then she got back with him. She told me that, even though he hit her, he still loved her. She told me that she was thinking about having sex with him, but after getting to know her better and tlaking with her I figured out, even though she didn't outright say it, that he had raped her. Again, they are both only 15. He beat her up almost every week, of not more, but she insisted that he really was a nice person. Now she is with another guy who is 17 and treats her the exact same way. If she had been taught earlyer that sex should be a positive and loving experience I very strongly doubt that she would be putting up with this crap. Now she goe's by "jomeses_hor_69" (name slightly changed to protect privacy) and I asked her why she called herself that. She asked me why not, and I said "isn't calling yourself a whore very degrading" and she replied "to me it's not." I still try to help her, but she just gets mad and tells me that I'm a sick bastard, then leaves.

Re: Ah, MS Sage, sorri!

JustMarv said:
Yes MS Sage, I have been paying attention and you will note I have made comment on your threads in the other site. I guess I missed the MS part. (or was it that particular absence of a specific part that I missed.......LOL) :devilish:
i'm a male-to-female transsexual, pre-op (ie, I still got a weewee).

Marv, I agree in principle.. But why is the driving age legally set to 16-21?

At 12, I could probably drive a car better than I can today (eyesight et al) and I was fully able too, im sure I would have been responsible with it. But a society realistically, has to legislate a law. It is somewhat arbitrary of course, but you might run into problems if you let any 10 year old drive an automobile.

Ditto with sexual relations. I think the law is chosen to minimize the potential negative implications (teen pregnancy etc etc). You can point out anecdotal cases where it ended up perfectly fine, but theres a base rate neglect somewhere in the argument.

Is it MS Sage as in MicroSoft Sage? Sorry i couldnt resist...
If the trans thing is true, then boy this board is cool, i mean we already knew the gay community here is pretty big, but if that true, gosh u beat us all singlehanded!!! ;) :LOL:

london-boy said:
Is it MS Sage as in MicroSoft Sage? Sorry i couldnt resist...
If the trans thing is true, then boy this board is cool, i mean we already knew the gay community here is pretty big, but if that true, gosh u beat us all singlehanded!!! ;) :LOL:
yup, totally true. and, actually, I didn't realize that the gay community was so big here until just a week or two ago :p I guess that's because I really didn't pay much attention to the gerneral forums.

edit:
although, I actually do not limit myself to any single sexual role. I am willing to do just about anything, the only roles that I am uncomfortable with / not so good at would be roles where I am playing a strongly dominating male. Other than that, I can please just about anyone ;)

Fred said:
Ditto with sexual relations. I think the law is chosen to minimize the potential negative implications (teen pregnancy etc etc). You can point out anecdotal cases where it ended up perfectly fine, but theres a base rate neglect somewhere in the argument.

Oh, of course. Laws are generalities - I'd much prefer to ahve everything decided on a case by case basis, as people all mature differently. I know people who even at the age of 30 i'd still consider too immature to responsibly do most "adult" things.
Alas, realism strikes, and generalities must be created. However, I still feel there needs to be an appeal to the generalities available...

as for incest/gay/lesbian, as long as its between two consenting "adults", then its fine. anything else is an attempt to legislate your personal beliefs/religeon into law and force them upon other people, which in this case (one where your only basis for such law is a fairy tale, and the lack of such law hurts no one) is the "wrong" (evil) act. It makes me sick how people desire to force me to adhere to their beliefs.

Incest is best, put your sister to the test!

Actually, I think if between Adults who cares. But children.. uh NO.

Sage said:
although, I actually do not limit myself to any single sexual role. I am willing to do just about anything, the only roles that I am uncomfortable with / not so good at would be roles where I am playing a strongly dominating male. Other than that, I can please just about anyone ;)

YEAH ALRIGHT!!! Don't need details here, u never know the catholic fundies around here might jump at your throat :LOL: Just kidding!!

Back