Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

doesnt look scaled and there's viewable aliasing. 720p No AA like the first one
wonder tho maybe theyre just at mid production trying to implement mlaa or msaa

i doubt it, aliasing was not that noticeable in dead space 1 because of the dark nature of the game.

Has anyone downloaded the BackBreaker football (developed by Natural Motion) demo from Live?...just curious about what yall think.....it seems to be doing alot of effects...and doesn't seem unscaled or anything.

The PS3 demo version should be released tomorrow, and from little footage I've seen, it looks about the same...

here is the only comparable footage I have seen so far between the two versions....

360 version.....in-game cutscene starts at 1:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alNbOwDf5Bc

PS3 version.....same cutscene starts at 1:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr8R-gCLv3w&feature=related

for a start up game developer, releasing their first game, I'm pretty surprised at how well both versions seem to look...and how similar they look.

i doubt it, aliasing was not that noticeable in dead space 1 because of the dark nature of the game.

Yep, the only times where aliasing kinda bugs me in DS is during the non-interactive opening. What I'm hoping for are higher resolution shadows. Shadows in DS often look absolutely nasty, pixelated to the point where they look more like glitches than features.

he's saying the width is badass and the height is awesome.

but considering Crackdown 2 is building on top of the original code, its most likely the same 1280x720 resolution.

also i got a question, do any games that utilize edge outlining for cel shading have anti-aliasing? It almost seems like that effect directly interferes with some AA solutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't look all that different apart from a change in lighting and clouds seem to be far less prominent in the Crackdown 2 shots.

Back