Ign Hands On Lost Planet And Dead Rising

Alstrong said:
I'd say it's for cinematic effect since it occurs during explosions.
I see. But the things like explosions would seem smoother since it is motion blured compared to not being motion blured?

Not suprised about Dead Rising. I mean what developer thought that throwing 100 zombies at someone will actually be interesting. You just know that if there are 100 zombies or so that they can't possibly make them interesting. They will be repetitive and dumb both visually and from an AI perspective. I just don't get this idea that more is better in terms of combat. I would rather see 2 zombies that are rather unique and cool looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
ninzel said:
Not suprised about Dead Rising. I mean what developer thought that throwing 100 zombies at someone will actually be interesting. You just know that if there are 100 zombies or so that they can't possibly make them interesting. They will be repetitive and dumb both visually and from an AI perspective. I just don't this idea that more is better in terms of compat. I would rather see 2 zombies that are rather unique and cool looking.

Not surprised about what regarding dead rising?

from a quick glance its bad motion blur (which i do also), they are not accumulating the effect over several frames and rendering it together, the side effect of the hack is graphically u loose detail + color goes to buggerey

zed said:
from a quick glance its bad motion blur (which i do also), they are not accumulating the effect over several frames and rendering it together, the side effect of the hack is graphically u loose detail + color goes to buggerey
So how do they do it?

expletive said:
Not surprised about what regarding dead rising?

After watching videos it looks like the kind of simplistic repetitive gameplay that I find get's boring fast.

NucNavST3 said:
I'd suggest reading this

I've seen videos and played too many games like this I know what to expect and know I wouldn't like it. It's just not my thing,no big deal.
Edit:And why would I ever in the end judge a game by what I read about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
ninzel said:
I've seen videos and played too many games like this I know what to expect and know I wouldn't like it. It's just not my thing,no big deal.
Edit:And why would I ever in the end judge a game by what I read about it?

Well youre already judging it without actually playing it, so i think suggesting you read feedback who have actually downloaded the demo and played it isnt too off base.

zed said:

What motion blur? Sure you're not thinking of Lost Planet.

The reaction to the DR demo has been overwhelminlgy positive, so when you say you're not surprised....not surprised at what? How much people are enjoying the game

There's only ont thing here that doesn't surprise me...

Capcom is kicking ass Next Gen and anyone crackin' on these two games must have left their expectations back at E3 '05. :LOL:

scooby_dooby said:
What motion blur? Sure you're not thinking of Lost Planet.
What would you call it? How do they do it, just taking the previous frame and smearing it over with the current?

Back