I can't feel my toes.

I've sat like this for over 20 years in chairs, my legs are short (30" inseam) and it's just more comfortable.

I change which leg is on top every 20 minutes or so, but I find sitting like that and in the lotus position very comfortable and it helps keep me flexible. :)

Dig you can do a pin prick test to see if you have feeling in your toes and; you can use things that are dull to test sensations such as a pencil eraser. To test for circulation-pinch your finger and see how fast it blushes/ Then try this out on your toes and see how long it takes for the toes to go from blanch to blush.

You will usually have numbness and tingling with loss of feeling in cases of poor circulation. Unless you have some symptomology suggestive of diabetes melitus. There are nail bed changes that occur with Heart problems but you would need to see actual pictures to understand what to look for.

digitalwanderer said:
Oh yeah, I'm fine. I figured out it's my damned Birks, they're an old set of my wife's and they're a 40 and I wear a 42 so it was pressing me feet funny. :oops:

I'm hunting for new shoes now, just found a set of black/gold Chucky-T high-tops too! :D

While I love Chucks, it's not really a "healthy" shoe for your feet. You need something buttery soft and well-formed.

Somewhat OT:
My dad only has 8 toes..
On his right foot he had his small toe and the toe right next to the big one removed due to bone infection.
_xxx_ said:
While I love Chucks, it's not really a "healthy" shoe for your feet. You need something buttery soft and well-formed.
Like docs :D
I like the feel of my 10 hole docs but they're horrible for driving and driving games because of their sheer size.
I have flat feet and havent had a problem getting blisters on the bottom of my feet, however I get blisters on my right ankle.
I first got docs on 9th grade :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, docs are the best thing ever, but I think it's nothing for digi.

I got three pairs, 2x10-hole and 4-strap patent leather ones (like these but high gloss).

I'm still trying to figure out what "docs" are, I thought they meant dockers but those are pants. :???:

Going for new shoes tomorrow with me wife after I take my daughter to kindergarden, we're gonna drop off my Pathfinder to get it's exhaust fix and go pick up some comfortable footwear.

Weird thing? I measured my feet last night on a shoe chart .pdf I printed out and my shoe size changed from a 10-10-1/2 to an 11-1/2, which could also explain a lot. :oops:

I think I might just run out this afternoon and pick up something that doesn't hurt to put on my feet after I drop Maddy off, this is just a huge distraction to doing anything when my feet keep screaming at me. :???:

london-boy said:
Foot massage?
Nah, I give 'em not get 'em. ;)

_xxx_ said:
DocMarten's (and clones), I linked one example above
rofl.gif

I just flashed back to Alexis Sayles singing "Doctor Martin's Boots" in an episode of "The Young Ones" and I spit coffee all over my monitor! :LOL:

_xxx_ said:
Yup, docs are the best thing ever, but I think it's nothing for digi.

I got three pairs, 2x10-hole and 4-strap patent leather ones (like these but high gloss).
Heh.
Wicked shoes dude :devilish:
How long does it take you to put them on?

london-boy said:
Flip-flops. It's the only way. You'll only look a liiiitle bit gay but it's for your health!
That's pretty much the style of Birk I wore, Arizona open-toed.

Nope, going for sneakers. A fatty-big set of super-lightweight cheapies and a set of slippers with rubber soles for around the house and I'll be set until the pups chew 'em up. :cool:

_xxx_ said:
20 seconds. Laces are built-in, it's belts only :)
Cool.
My 10 hole bother me since you have to unlace like 3-5 rows to be able to stick your foot in it and take it out.

Back