Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by ultragpu, Jun 16, 2015.

1. BoardBonobo

BoardBonobo My hat is white(ish)!
    Veteran

It's what you get for working 5 days a week and having a girlfriend for the other 2 :D

2. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Haha. I had the Friday and full week following HZD's launch off. Once I picked it up I could not put it down. It was a glorious but shameless week of slobbery. My Fitbit was not impressed. :nope:

3. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

Finally finished it, really enjoyed this ride and I don't think I had the chance to explore each corner of the map yet. Amazing game everything from the combat, story, Aloy to graphics, it is without a doubt my most favorite open world game this gen. Really a shame there's no new game plus, I would also wish there were more Cauldrons, the ability to fly on a Stormbird or riding a Thunderjaw, but I do see a great potential for a sequel:), well done GG can't wait for your next game.

Prophecy2k, chris1515 and DSoup like this.
  4. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Yup. Usually when I've finished a game's main story, particularly a long game that I've spent 50+ hours in (which is crazy long for me), I want to leave that game a good long while before I go back and play some more. But the second-to-second gameplay was so good I'm really looking forward to the new story DLC and I hope it comes soon.

5. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

looks like I missed 3 sidequests but i don't know where the hell they are :sad:

6. manux

Veteran Regular

Finished the game earlier this week. What a ride. This will be one of the few games I will keep playing a bit even after I'm finished with main story...

Everything else is pretty amazing but I freaking hate stormbirds. They are... pain in the sky.

7. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

8. DrJay24

Veteran

Finished it last night, wow what an ending. I love the power armor, too bad I have nothing left to do. I did not platy, I'm not into collecting crap. I did max my level and get all skills. I think I have one level 7 side quest unfinished. I'm not sure where to check hours played, I must have 60+. Great game, 9.5/10 easy. I'm sure if it was named Zelda or Horizon Master Chief it would have gotten higher scores. One of the best open world games ever, I had much more fun with this than GTA5 or RDR. I have some stuff I'd like to see in a sequel. More melee weapons, epic weapon quests, a way to glide, a way to quickly go up, like a grapple hook. I hope they add DLC for post game, like more hunting quests or something to re-use the robot AI and not have to do more VA or story. Co-op hunting would also be really sweet.

9. bgroovy

Regular Newcomer

I just finished the game last night as well. It's a truly exceptional experience. I was so pleased every time the story managed to surprise me. Even many of the side quests were very clever, trope defying vignettes. I think I was probably at about 47hrs when the credits rolled with a lot of side stuff left to go back to eventually. Notably, I haven't really scratched the surface of the hunting trials.

chris1515 likes this.
  10. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Uploaded some videos for fun as I have some decent upload speeds now.

Random fight

First Thunderjaw fight: was so scared of it the first time :p ...now it feels too easy.

Things got really hectic here:

The Rockbreaker mission:

The Deathbringer fight: Had no idea how to fight him:

:D

11. Phil

Phil wipEout bastard
    Veteran

Not gonna read too much of this topic due fear of spoilers...

Started playing this game a week ago and I have to say, I'm very, very surprised. I actually bought this game out of boredom and a bit of curiosity about its "technical achievement" given the game is by Guerilla, but what has surprised me most so far isn't the spectacular graphics, but indeed the gameplay and the story so far. To be fair, I haven't progressed too far (only past the proving and a bit), but so far I am very surprised by the gameplay and the plot. It definitely has me interested.

What also has me incredibly impressed is the smooth framerate. Not a single hitch, stutter or anything. Being pretty much 60fps obsessed, I have to say this is one of the very very rare 30fps games that actually feels smoother than it is and most of it is down to the smooth, flawless and consistent framerate. And this is a very impressive achievement IMO, given there are times I'm playing this and can't quite believe this is actually running on a bog standard PS4 (not even a Pro!). Uncharted 4 impressed the crap out of me, but playing this, I must say for some reason this just feels a step more (even though I have to admit, there is a lot going on in UC4 that is difficult to top, like the physics in just about everything).

I'm frightened knowing Kojima is using this engine for his next game...

But yeah, full marks to Guerilla, not for making a spectacular looking game (which we all knew they had the technical ability to), but for making a spectacular game to play that was from the type of it was clearly outside their comfort zone (that being shooters etc).

12. chris1515

Veteran Regular

You come for the graphics and stay for the gameplay and story not the first person I heard saying this... A great surprise for me after an average title like Killzone Shadow Fall...

#932 chris1515, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  13. Prophecy2k

Veteran

I'm having trouble following the story of this game tbh... Like every mission I pick up, I start on my path towards the quest marker and about two hours later find myself feeling ashamed by having driven the Turkeys in this game closer to their extinction...

... I just love the "cluck" sound they make when you kill them.

I think I've killed more Turkeys in this game than every other enemy killed in my last three games combined.

I know... it's an addiction.

bunge, RenegadeRocks, DSoup and 3 others like this.
  14. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

You can check your game stats in the menu to see how many you killed

DSoup and Prophecy2k like this.
  15. Prophecy2k

Veteran

I shall check this tonight :) Thanks.

Edit:
    727 turkeys and counting... Added 19 last night alone. :oops:

yep I know... I have a problem.:(

Honestly though, that "cluck" sound for Turkey murder in this game is so freaking satisfying! It reminds me of the "chirp" sound for killing another player in KZ2/3 MP... sooo gud!

If any GG devs are on here, please make this turkey dying sound the kill sound in your next MP mode for your next game. I don't even care if it's incongruent with the style or setting, I just love this sound.

#935 Prophecy2k, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Karamazov likes this.
  16. chris1515

Veteran Regular

Interview of Hermen Hulst by Neil Druckmann

17. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

Began the foliage war has :twisted:! TLOU2 bushes would be nuts.

18. Prophecy2k

Veteran

Man, I had no idea Druckmann was a method actor. Really putting himself into his role in TLOU II with that legendary mane and Jesus hair.

ultragpu likes this.
  19. one

one Unruly Member
    Veteran

Streaming world around 18:00

DSoup likes this.
  20. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

Horizon's engine unloads terrain that user cannot see.
    [​IMG]

Witcher 3 for example culls only objects [trees, foliage, houses, NPCs, etc], but terrain is unaffected.