Heroes

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Is anyone watching this new show?

I was quite sceptical at the beginning, i mean it's the whole "people start finding out they have special powers" thing.. But i'm on the 3rd episode now and i have to say... wow... I am also gonna say that this is better than The 4400, which is saying a lot. It's definitely better constructed and faster paced.

Amazing. And i really can't wait to see what it's really all about, cause the story is obviously much much bigger than shown so far.

EDIT: WHOA.... Finished the 3rd episode.... speechless.

I just found this show a couple of days ago and watched the first six eps in a row. So far I'm very impressed.

It seems to have a lot of bases covered to make this a winner in my book, such as wide-spanning story arc, dark well-executed comedy, geek nods all the way, and the comic book superhero!

Favourite bits so far are (potential spoilers):

* Claire waking up on the autopsy table ("What the fuck?")
* Hiro: "I had a sword? I had a sword!" *air slice for the rest of the episode"

All you B3D geeks must enjoy this, stat!

It's the best new show this season. I'd even rate it above Lost -- if only because the writing hasn't been convoluted and poluted by greed to stretch the story out. The way they end the episodes and start the next really makes you want to watch more.

Some of it is a bit predictable as revealed in episode 6, but that's alright. I wish they'd expand upon the evil villians more. There is so much potential there. As far as the Heroes go, my favorite character is Hiro, the Japanese Time-Master. He easily steals the show.

My friend has been praising this for a while a now... I was going to wait till the whole first season comes out until I start watching it. Chances of that happening... nonexistant, I'll probably watch the first episode today, if I finish my schoolwork in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the best new show this season. I'd even rate it above Lost -- if only because the writing hasn't been convoluted and poluted by greed to stretch the story out. The way they end the episodes and start the next really makes you want to watch more.

Some of it is a bit predictable as revealed in episode 6, but that's alright. I wish they'd expand upon the evil villians more. There is so much potential there. As far as the Heroes go, my favorite character is Hiro, the Japanese Time-Master. He easily steals the show.

Oh Hiro (Hero - Hiro lol) is definitely the best character. Always loved the quirky japanese voices in anime (complete with the "oooooOO" and "yatta!!"), and this is like a dream come true!! :LOL:

yes love it also.... but nothing

i mean NOTHING

touches

u2a.jpg

LOST

yes love it also.... but nothing

i mean NOTHING

touches

LOST
If you mean that nothing touches Lost in the "dragging its feet", "oh shit what do we do now" and "do we actually HAVE a story?" departments, then I totally agree.

Heroes has gone straight to the top of shows all time.
I wouldn't even want to talk about The 4400 on the same day as this.

Surprisingly dark show and I like that. Just don't ruin it, please!

Wow, watched the first one late last night and like an idiot stayed up until 4am watching the next 2-1/2 too. :oops:

Great show, very fun. It may not be high art or anything, but it's vastly entertaining and it keeps me glued.

It also seems to be pretty kind with interesting revelations. Every week we're finding out something new, and usually 3-4 somethings. :)

It also seems to be pretty kind with interesting revelations. Every week we're finding out something new, and usually 3-4 somethings. :)

Yes. It is the anti-Lost. It is actually interesting and entertaining to watch. :cool:

Yeah, "anti-Lost" is a good description.

I watched the first few episodes of Lost, but quickly lost interest as it seemed they just wanted to drag everything out and tease you without giving you any meat to chew on....Heroes gives you a lot of meat to chew on while teasing you about more.

And the first few episodes have delivered that well for me, I just found 5 & 6 and am grabbing 'em now and I'm actually impatient for them to hurry up... :LOL:

Wow, just wow. I finished up 5 & 6 and I am VERY glad the next one is on tomorrow night and I think I now got me a Monday night show to look forward to. :)

Thanks LB!

I just saw the first episode with the scene with the two brothers. Much better then I expected. How many episodes are there?

Girlfriend loves it. I am too enthralled by BSG to even bother.

Come on you need more than one show!

I'm currently watching Lost, Prison break, Veronica Mars, Heroes (4 episodes so far) and Smallville :oops:. BSG should go HD, or I should just buy the box.

Heroes seems pretty good show, I don't know if it's better than 4400, they both have their plusses and minuses and I have only seen 4 episodes as of now.

Back