Heroes

I liked the painting induced by the suggestion woman. Looks like the radioactive guy will really heat up in some future episode :)

I'm gradually catching up with Heroes (watching a couple of episodes a night) and I must say that both the wife and I are really enjoying it. There's always plot twists, and the "ahhh, so that's what that means" happening, and they always seem to manage to end every episode with a "Holy Crap - what's going to happen next?!" moment.

I think where they've done better that the likes of Lost, is that Heroes gives you a payoff. They explain stuff as well as setting more stuff up. You may be puzzling over some things, but you still feel like you are progressing as other things made clear.

My favorite Hero tho is Hiro. Ok, so I identify with the geek character, the Otaku, but I also like the earnest way that the actor plays him. Many of the other characters seem IMHO way too laissez faire about their powers. Hiro actually wants to use his powers, to experiment with them, to be a Hero.

I mean, if you woke up one day with some superpower, are you just gonna sit around moping about your day job, or your petty daily routine, or are you gonna go flying, climbing buildings, teleporting, etc

Hiro lets us see awe and wonder and that's why I like him. It's why I liked Spider-Man I, because of the sheer *joy* Peter took when he first learned his powers.

Well, Hiro is using his powers for "the bigger picture" because, well, he's seen what happens, like we've all seen what will happen if someone doesn't do something.

Then again, after seeing that he couldn't save brainy-waitress, almost as if it was her "destiny" to die, i'm not sure if he could stop the nuke.. Isn't that also "destiny"? If so, he just shouldn't be able to change anything.. Though i'm sure the writers will work around that, things have been a bit inconstistant so far afterall, with lots of libertes especially with Hiro's powers...

I was thinking about that issue with Hiro and the waitress and how it applies to the nuke. If he is unable to change destiny, then does the same apply to the cheerleader incident with Peter? Whilst the hero cheerleader was saved, a cheerleader did die thus he didn't stop the inevitable. I assume in the end they will stop the nuke but it will be interesting to see how they get around a pattern they've obviously made for themselves on fate and time staying true to events.

They're definately very clever about never making you 100% sure about anything.

Did they save the cheerleader? I'm wondering if Jackie had some powers, and maybe the writers even gave a hint somewhere.

The exploding man thing made me think of the radation guy, but then you see Peter's dream. Who's the bomb? Why was the city barren in his dream? Maybe he absorbs the radiation guy's power and can't control it. Another thought: Maybe in some what that scene is of Peter saving the city.

I hope there's a really good reason for what the Haitian and Claire's father are up to erasing everyone's mind. I hope it's not something lame like doing it all just to protect his daughter. Another thing: Haven't they been hopping around the country (LA, Texas, Nevada, NY)? Claire's never seems far from her dad so I don't think an airplane explains it.

Lots of stuff to ponder. Can't wait for the dinosaur swordfight :cool:

Personally, I really like Heroes, even though it was somewhat predictable at the beginning. The last few episodes were better, however. Sometimes the acting is a little bit off as well. But overall it's good stuff.

Possible Spoilers

Did they save the cheerleader? I'm wondering if Jackie had some powers, and maybe the writers even gave a hint somewhere.

Maybe, the significance of "saving the cheerleader" is something else. Sylar now knows there's some kind of organisation and he knows that Peter is a danger to him. Maybe saving the world means Sylar has a different goal now...

The exploding man thing made me think of the radation guy, but then you see Peter's dream. Who's the bomb? Why was the city barren in his dream? Maybe he absorbs the radiation guy's power and can't control it. Another thought: Maybe in some what that scene is of Peter saving the city.

Maybe, it some kind of overload. The more talents Peter absorbs the more loaded he gets until he finally releases all stored powers in a gigantic explosion...

I hope there's a really good reason for what the Haitian and Claire's father are up to erasing everyone's mind. I hope it's not something lame like doing it all just to protect his daughter. Another thing: Haven't they been hopping around the country (LA, Texas, Nevada, NY)? Claire's never seems far from her dad so I don't think an airplane explains it.

Claire's Dad is working for some kind of organization. Thus the command to leave Sylar alive. The Haitian is installing mental block on the "gifted", that's why they can't use their powers on the organisation. Plus, he natural mutant jammer. The erasing part is just for covering their tracks.

Lots of stuff to ponder. Can't wait for the dinosaur swordfight :cool:

I think the picture will trigger the fight actually. Hiro is going to search for a famous historical katana and when he's trying to get back he ends up in prehistoric times...

I think the picture will trigger the fight actually. Hiro is going to search for a famous historical katana and when he's trying to get back he ends up in prehistoric times...
That's a good guess. One thing I like so far is that it looks like the writers have a good grasp of backwards time travel.

To me it's only possible if somehow an equilibrium is reached where travelling back is all part of the natural timeline. If they indeed save the world, somehow Hiro will still have to travel back and make that warning. That comic book will still have to be written. Isaac will still have to die. Etc, etc.

I haven't seen too many time-travel movies, but another one that got it right was Twelve Monkeys. The future can interact with the past only if that interaction does not in any way change (or, equivalently, is part of the cause of) the way in which that interaction came about. Like a giant equation.

It requires solid planning by the writers, though, to pull this off. It's quite engaging to see how it all fits if a write does this properly.

Back