Heavenly Sword update (E3 cometh..)

Some new images.

Link removed, thanks Bad Boy and Titanio

Sadly, they're so blurry that it's better if they were not commented.

Edit: Removed the link, didn't know they were the same scans a previous thread got locked for.
Bad Boy, can you please remove the link from your quote too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ja, you might want to edit away your link. The last thread got locked for it.

Small note, but nAo has said on GAF that the game is now using 4xMSAA, even if not all edges are showing that now (some are, some aren't - this will be improved, as their tone-mapping and AA resolve is worked on).

Titanio said:

Small note, but nAo has said on GAF that the game is now using 4xMSAA, even if not all edges are showing that now (some are, some aren't - this will be improved, as their tone-mapping and AA resolve is worked on).

Read that too, pretty sweet. Clever devs over at Ninja Theory.

Can't wait for the direct feed trailer.

720p 4xMSAA HDR is nice to see, especially on a system that is supposed to struggle with this. IQ when downscaled to SDTV should be very good. I hope PS3 supports an anamorphic widescreen output. Makes you wonder how things will progress over time.

For me its the colours and art-design(very warm) and i hope also the camera view will come to its right to show of the great 3d-engine. Great Work from what ive seen so far, just briliant!

Also the game using AF. And nAo believes in his opinion that the current build animates better than what we seen in the E3 2005 trailer.:oops:

Titanio said:

So this means they are using some sort of selective AA?

Very clever of them to do that... I always wondered why spent resources AAing the entire scene, since (at least i think so) its not needed every where.

We will know soon enough. It's the first PS3 game I'm quite certain about. I know there will be many more when E3 starts though.

LightHeaven said:

Very clever of them to do that... I always wondered why spent resources AAing the entire scene, since (at least i think so) its not needed every where.

No, it's normal MSAA, but the tone-mapping and resolve is such that at the moment not all edges are taken care of. And they're not using transparency AA at the moment either.

Last edited by a moderator:
LightHeaven said:

Nope, the game is using Full Screen Anti Aliasing.

Well, it's MSAA, which is alleviating aliasing artefact from the edges only and not inside of the surfaces.
The only form of FSAA that works on the complete frame is the Super Sampling. But's it's way too costly from a Fillrate POV.

Titanio said:
No, it's normal MSAA, but the tone-mapping and resolve is such that at the moment not all edges are taken care off. And they're not using transparency AA at the moment either.
Oh, i see, thanks a lot.

And you too Vysez :p

Very much looking forward to seeing more on this game (this and MGS4 are top of my list I think -- lots of others are on the list, no doubt, but I'm most excited for them).

Exciting weeks ahead of us.

Beautiful game you got there NT.

Heavenly Sword - new media! :eek:

I found these in a folder linked from GAF:

Stunning stuff! Congrats to Deano, nAo and the rest of the NT gang..it's truly beautiful! :D

Concept looks good, and art assets have great quality. Picture quality looks iffy (scans? compressed?) so I will wait to see a direct feed to comment on the graphics. The gameplay, at least the concept from last E3, sounds fun. Kind of like N3.

ElStupido said:
compared to the trailer from the last e3 this looks bad. what about aa for instance? :rolleyes:

Newsflash: The trailer last year had no AA. In some shots this is cleaner! They're using 4xMSAA now, but it's not working on all edges yet.

More:

Lets see it in motion first before we go commenting on AA they don't seem to be the best quality shots.

Looks very good!! I'll be honest it's not as clean IQ wise as the E3 trailer, though. It's fine though, what IS getting me is the clipping. There's kind a lot. I'm not trying to be mean, nAo, DeanoC, it looks great, but the clipping is pretty noticible. Sorry.

Imageshack may up/downscale the images, make sure you click on them once to see how the size changes.

Back