Heavenly Sword update (E3 cometh..)

Titanio

Legend
Kind of surprised this hasn't been posted here yet, but better late than never I guess!

Deano updated his blog with an interesting entry about crunch-time and E3:

http://rattie.demon.co.uk/

I think there's just the slight suggestion that HS may be playable at E3 :p

Isn't Hs ment to be a launch game? If so I guess it is not so far fetched that we might see it playable at E3...

The chances that HS is not playable at E3 are zero. As Platon said :)lol:), this is supposed to be a launch game.
Anyway, this is less of a HS update but rather an update on Deano's well-being

hupfinsgack said:
The chances that HS is not playable at E3 are zero. As Platon said :)lol:), this is supposed to be a launch game.
Anyway, this is less of a HS update but rather an update on Deano's well-being
But.. But... But i thought Sony weren't gonna show PS3 at E3! It's gonna be under a heavy table cloth!

Platon said:
Isn't Hs ment to be a launch game? If so I guess it is not so far fetched that we might see it playable at E3...

I'd tend to agree, but things have been fairly quiet on the HS front. The GDC demo was the first word on it since E3 really, and it wasn't as much of a game demo as some of the others like Warhawk or Resistance (by design, I'm sure). So it's nice to hear that they seem to be crunching towards E3.

It will be intresting to see the gameplay. I hope it does not go the N3 way of doing things, where you kill a million or billion or whatever enemies, just to find out that there are a few more billions around the corner, sigh. That can get a bit monotonous after killing a couple of billions or so. At least they seem to have a better lighting engine than N3...

DeanoC is probably looking at every N3 related thread on this forum. If he is he will see people are really liking the 50 kills in one swing and then fighting 1,000 more over and over again.

I hope you can actually fight 3 enemies at one time instead of 50 at a time.

hupfinsgack said:
The chances that HS is not playable at E3 are zero.
Playable as in fully real time, yes, of course.
Playable as in playable on the show floor, maybe.
hupfinsgack said:
As Platon said :)lol:), this is supposed to be a launch game
SCEE hasn't announced any date for the title, IIRC.

I can't wait for this game. Looks to be the 1st great action game of Next-gen. This, DMC and Ninja Gaiden are my most wanted games.

Vysez said:
Playable as in fully real time, yes, of course.
Playable as in playable on the show floor, maybe.

SCEE hasn't announced any date for the title, IIRC.

I don't know, but HS seems to be fartest along the way. So if HS isn't a launch-game then what is apart from EA shovelware? So I expect it to be playable on the show-floor. Everything else would be a disappointment, IMO.

hupfinsgack said:
I don't know, but HS seems to be fartest along the way. So if HS isn't a launch-game then what is apart from EA shovelware? So I expect it to be playable on the show-floor. Everything else would be a disappointment, IMO.

If HS isnt a launch game I think we can expect Sony's first party to have at least Incognito's Warhawk and Insomniac's Resistance ready. Possibly Evolution's Motorstorm as well.

What gives you the impression HS is the farthest along though? I know it started off on PC when it was being shopped around but I imagine that transition to Cell/PS3 couldn't have been an easy one. The game's probably gone through some pretty big changes in that process. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if Sony's first parties were working with Cell emulators as far back as '04

liverkick said:
If HS isnt a launch game I think we can expect Sony's first party to have at least Incognito's Warhawk and Insomniac's Resistance ready. Possibly Evolution's Motorstorm as well.

As far as I know Warhawk is scheduled for 2007. Don't know about Resistance or Motorstorm though.

Concerning the most refined, HS was one of the few PS3 games last E3 that showed a semi-rt trailer (semi-rt= meaning realtime but speeded-up), while Motorstorm for example did not. From DeanoC's comments the development process seemed to be going well and smooth. As I said, I expect HS to be a launch-game.

hupfinsgack said:
So if HS isn't a launch-game then what is apart from EA shovelware?
-unreal 2007
-tekken? (havent heard anything since the tekken tag 2 rumors, but ttt was a launch title so it wouldnt surprise me)
-warhawk (supposedly playable at e3 so who knows)
-motorstorm (probabaly has a bit to go, but phil harrison hinted that at GDC the game wasnt shown, just the technology)
-lair
-untold legends?
-brothers in arms (german mag scan said 4th Q 06, if not a launch title, will come holiday season)
-VF5?
-Vampire Rain (offcial website says winter 06, atleast in japan)
-Fatal Inertia
-Sonic (probably early 2007) edit: i take that back, http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63733
-Resistance: Fall of Man [I-8] (seemed like they got pretty far, and the lastest videos were supposedly old code)
-stranglehold (IGN has november release date, gamespot says this winter)
-Smackdown vs Raw
-Turok Next?
-MOH Airborne
-F1 Racing?
-Splinter Cell: Double agent (Gamespot says q4 2006)
-Alan Wake?
-The Darkness
-Rayman 4 (Gamespot says q4 06)
-Hot Shots Golf 5
-King Kong?
-Rainbow 6 Vegas (IGN says november release date)
-Getaway 3 (probably not launch, but possible, was playable at GDC)
-add about 4-5 "shovel ware* EA games (madden, live, fightnight, nfs?, tiger woods, burnout?, def jam?)
-add about 2-3 2k games (mlb, nba, nhl)
-add in 1-2 japan only titles like mahjong and some other weird sim (i say this because games will be region free, so importing wont be impossible)
-dont forget backward compatible games from ps1/ps2 avaliable at launch (yes, it does matter to some of us-- playing gow2 and gt4 online on ps3 should be interesting)

not a bad list of possible launch/near launch titles imo. ofcourse give or take a few of those. (though id appreciate a rpg or two in there)

hupfinsgack said:
As far as I know Warhawk is scheduled for 2007. Don't know about Resistance or Motorstorm though.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/674/674740p1.html
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62112

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Epic say that unreal 2007 is under development and ready for release and launch ? i dont think so

Definately not, but I think its a given unreal 2007 will be out on pc and ps3 before the year is over. What better time than during ps3's launch? Hell, ut2k7 was rumored at being a launch title even when sony was still saying spring. I'd be willing to bet a few dollars ut2k7 makes ps3's launch or atleast a couple weeks after. Definately before xmas.

i could've sworn that i read somewhere a few days ago that Unreal 2k7 isn't going to be a PS3 launch title and that it will hit PC first, and that they're targeting Q1-2007.

m1nd_x said:
i could've sworn that i read somewhere a few days ago that Unreal 2k7 isn't going to be a PS3 launch title and that it will hit PC first, and that they're targeting Q1-2007.
I think that was when PS3 was still slated for spring 06. AFAIK ut27 is still rumored to be coming before 07. (ofcourse the devs keep saying it will come when its done)

But your right, Before the ps3november launch stuff, I think they said PC would launch first, with a demo/benchmark coming on PC before release. But as I said, Im willing to bet ut2k7 comes before 07.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508027
this was in december keep in mind, when ps3 in spring was the norm.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2007/about.php
Unreal Tournament 2007 (previously codenamed 'Envy') is Epic Games' sequel to Unreal Tournament 2004. Published by Midway Games, UT2007 is powered by Epic's new Unreal Engine 3, and is due to be released on PC and PlayStation 3 in the second quarter (April-June) of 2006. Rumors of a future Xbox 360 release have not been confirmed.
^I have no clue when they put that on their fansite, but my guess is before the November launch announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back