HD Next gen ownership poll

Which do you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The shiny building like thing with the Spiderman font ... ;) (used to type this message, by the way - if my posts become more to the point, you can also blame Sony's typing interface programmers, as they limit the maximum form input right now ... ;) )

I've had a PS3 since launch, which I am very fond of. It's got all the Folding and the Linux and the bells and whistles.

And I have a Wii since launch, which I somewhat resent. It sits there doing bugger-all. I feel it was horribly overpriced....

I have no plans to get a 360 as I have a few friends who have them already. I will be likely be purchasing the 360 exclusive games I want to play, then making temporary PS3-360 swaps with these friends so we can all play the games we want to play without shelling out hundreds of extra dollars to have redundant game boxes sitting around. This worked out well last time, with the exception that my XBox games tend to be absorbed into the xbox-owner's library over time.

I am waiting for the first price drop before I buy a PS3. I was all set to buy the PS3, I even put down a deposit after the 06 E3 in which they announced the price. I really thought that Sony was going to drop the price before the launch (which they did, only in Japan).

To me, the fair price for the PS3 is $450. I don't care how much hardware they pack into it. To me its the principle of things. So I will wait. OTOH, I am a New Yorker so I can't wait to play GTA4. I hope there will be a price drop by then.

I've had a 360 since launch and, despite its non-appearance in this poll, a Wii since launch also.

My 360 gets used pretty much every time I'm at home, I worked my way through all the Wii games from launch very quickly and it got an intensive bout of use shortly after Christmas, but since I've finished Zelda it's not been touched... Waiting for Mario Galaxy and a few others now.

I wavered a lot on PS3, I just couldn't see the point initially, I was happy with the 360 and there weren't any real exclusives for the PS3 I was desperately interested in, so there was just no need for me. Then I felt like I should get one just to be "console complete" and as I have the HD-DVD drive for 360 it would give me both movie formats...
Ultimately I decided to wait and see one, given where I work that was always going to be easy enough. We got one in here at launch and I can't say I was impressed, I took it home for the weekend to see it on a better setup, but (in my opinion) the interface is terrible compared to 360 and there just wasn't a launch game which held the attention of myself or my brother for more than an hour or so.

So for now I'll be sticking with just the 360 and the Wii, with the 360 my primary console. I'll revisit the PS3 concept if any games come out that I absolutely must have and can't get on 360, or if everything starts heading Bluray in terms of films, but until then it's the much discussed Wii60 combination for me.

I have both and mainly because of the exclusives.

The trouble of having 2 systems is the fact that my is really getting a big backcatalog :(

But hey the previous generation I owned all systems, now I'm down to 2 :devilish: The wii doens't interest me that much, too much friends that bought it in impuls and where the machine is now gathering dust.

360 only. It rocks. After playing through Gears and Crackdown, it mostly gets used for Worms multiplayer, though :)

I love fire punching crazy Brits into the water, grenading some Americans and using the ninja rope to remotely dynamite some other Swedes... Totally worth it while waiting for some more great games to come out =)

Well I still want to vote for "have all 3" :)

Still have not yet opened the PS3 as I am using it as incentive for my kids.

Don't own either, but will get a PS3 eventually later this year. Summer isn't the time for gaming for me and before I get a HD-TV, a PS3 just isn't worth it yet.

Got a 360 and will get a PS3 in a few weeks (hopefully). Surprised that I haven't got it yet.

I enjoy the 360. The only issues I have with it are, I could only find a Core when I bought (no, I couldn't hold on) and haven't been able to muster up the enthusiasm to buy a HDD. That's also stopping me "jumping in" on Live; plus I can't forget that when I do get a PS3, PSN will be free. Interestingly, of all the big hitters coming out in the near future, that I hear coverage of, most have an RPG element to them. I don't/can't do RPGs. Oblivion sits practically untouched on a shelf.

PS3: Got a friend who's apparently got a friend (Dude A) who "works for Sony" so can get me a PS3 with a tiny discount and 2 free games (I assume 1st party). So rather than waiting a few months when I could've saved up more comfortable I'll bag it now whilst Dude A is still around. Outside of MS and R:FOM I have no pressing desire to have one right now. Apart from it being shiny and new.

Next will be a HDTV...

I don't care about intentions, just ownership.

Wii != HD, read the title.

PS3 and the 360 != HD either as you have to use a HDTV to play at HD resolutions.

Since a number of posters have admitted of not even owning a HDTV I don't see how "HD" has any relevancy as you just have PS3 vs. 360 ownership poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back